• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft II : Chat

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stomp on their head.

Lol. God I love my redskins. Snyder's first 10yrs as owner was awesome during free agency. We were paper champs every year. I love the new GM Scot Mc (no clue how to spell) he is awesome at drafting and smart moves during FA.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you could just go @MilkSpiller22 and he'd get the notification as well.

Or you can quote them like this saying Jeffro you will be up shortly. Nos just texted me so he will pick shortly. I'll take Brett then your up.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROUND 9
9.1.65 : Jeffro : Nap Lajoie - 2B
9.2.66 : Ritz : Tom Glavine - SP
9.3.67 : Nos : Frank Thomas - DH
9.4.68 : Milk : @MilkSpiller22
9.5.69 : UK :
9.6.70 : Smitty :
9.7.71 : WLK :
9.8.72 : 500 :

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just texted nos saying my next pick will be Hubbell. Well Milk works for the government and tapped my phone. Great pick 2%. :suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. We all have all-star lineups. So when you have all-star hitters vs all-star pitchers who wins? I think the edge goes to the hitters. The all-star pitchers are great because they can get the good players out most of the time but are so-so against the best batters. Example in the all star games the scores are normally high meaning the batters roughed up the best pitchers. Is this fair/accurate view? I just see hitters being more valuable when dealing with the best of the best. Love to hear everyone's thoughts if your still awake or when you awake in the morning.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitters, hands down.

I'm kinda glad you guys have went after pitching so heavily.

But I don't think the AllStar game is good indicator. Until Bud went crazy, it didn't matter.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitters, hands down.

I'm kinda glad you guys have went after pitching so heavily.

But I don't think the AllStar game is good indicator. Until Bud went crazy, it didn't matter.

I agree with this. However you should have 3 SP's by now IMO. The top pitchers are almost gone so I feel these HOF hitters could do damage to the pitchers being drafted in the next few rounds. You want a great hitting lineup and 3 powerful pitchers. I have seen a few guys already select a backup outfielder instead of addressing a position they might need. This isn't nfl draft where you take BPA. Maybe they have a plan I don't see but my opinion is fill out your 9 starters, trying at the same time getting enough left handed hitters to alternate in batting order, and fit where they are listed in order. While drafting you sprinkle in 3-4 SP's. Then after you do that go closer, maybe RP before your bench. Bench guys are exactly that they sit on your bench. I have never seen a guy score a run from the bench. This is me rambling on because of the meds I'm on but just wanted to share my thoughts. Good night everyone.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha, Ritz on meds is always brutally honest.

There are only 40 Starting pitchers in this Mock. After the Top 8-12 there are another 14-20 and then guys drafting who they "prefer", imo.

There will be no complete games, no shutouts, hell there wouldn't be many Quality Starts. I think bullpen and bench are huge because just as it goes in playoff and important games, match ups happen at bat by at bat.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha, Ritz on meds is always brutally honest.

There are only 40 Starting pitchers in this Mock. After the Top 8-12 there are another 14-20 and then guys drafting who they "prefer", imo.

There will be no complete games, no shutouts, hell there wouldn't be many Quality Starts. I think bullpen and bench are huge because just as it goes in playoff and important games, match ups happen at bat by at bat.

Oops sorry I realized your one of the guys who took a bench player before addressing a position you need. Damn Vicodin my truth syrup. I still stand by my statement. It is easier in this draft to find players because we have no restrictions so you can take as many dual sport players as you want.

Helpful advice to all. Observe your first round opponents team and draft against him. First round matchups have always been the draft order. 1vs2, 3vs4, etc. Baseball it doesn't really matter but in football and basketball you may set your lineup differently because of your opponents players. Just a helpful medication speaking advice at 1am for your food for thought moment. Deep thoughts by: Josh Ritz

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say no...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world does Smitty have over 800 likes :noidea: I haven't liked one thing he has said for the past year I've known but obviously someone as. Congrats Smitty that truly is a accomplishment.

Hope this doesn't sound bad but I wish Jeffro would change his profile picture. It makes me sad every time I see him post. Robotic dream was a outstanding guy and it's a constant reminder of the loss we had every time Jeffro posts something.

RIP Josh "Roboticdreams"

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Hamilton won't score from the bench, but he will when one of my 5 power hitters gets walked. And he pinch runs. (Third all time in SBs and 7th best Batting average was a nice way to start my bench.)

We can still have different starting lineups for different situations, right? Righty - lefty en sech?

I hoping you draft Brian Jordan, Bo, Deon and Dave DeBuschere.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo milks Hoyt Wilhelm pick has been the best of this Mock.

Tris Speaker is the best pick of the draft IMO. I think Wilhelm while a great pitcher is the worst pick so far, he's a long reliever in a draft where rotation and starting lineup wins. Great player bad pick when you still need to fill up the much more important parts of your team.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Hamilton won't score from the bench, but he will when one of my 5 power hitters gets walked. And he pinch runs. (Third all time in SBs and 7th best Batting average was a nice way to start my bench.)

We can still have different starting lineups for different situations, right? Righty - lefty en sech?

I hoping you draft Brian Jordan, Bo, Deon and Dave DeBuschere.

Damn Smitty why you posting my list for everyone to see :L

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world does Smitty have over 800 likes :noidea: I haven't liked one thing he has said for the past year I've known but obviously someone as. Congrats Smitty that truly is a accomplishment.

Hope this doesn't sound bad but I wish Jeffro would change his profile picture. It makes me sad every time I see him post. Robotic dream was a outstanding guy and it's a constant reminder of the loss we had every time Jeffro posts something.

RIP Josh "Roboticdreams"
I'll let you in on a little secret, prolly once a week I see a post from jeffro, while I'm close to falling asleep and for a split second I think Josh is back. I don't forget he's no longer with us, I honestly think he's back. Even if it's just a split second. Then I miss him.

I'm cool with seeing that White Tiger. He was a man worth showing respect.

On the likes, it's cuz I always kiss butt on the AL Central Smack thread. And never stand my ground on minority opinions. Hahaha. (I haven't even posted 2000 times since the upgrade. Lost like 5800 Vbucks and 4300 likes.(and all my old favorite PMs. You say funny shit when you're medicalky high ritz.) Man did the new like system ever chap Robotics ass.... Hahaha. I liked picking that scab. Ughhhh..... Damnit.....)