• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Call-Ups

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is a thread I would like to start for those of you that are "prospect guru's" and can give some insight on the guys that are called up.

I will start with a few names that intrigue me and others can ask about other call-ups if they would like also.

Grossman
Paredas
Eury Perez
Burch Smith

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hm. I guess no one likes the idea of this thread?

Anyway I would like to know what you all think about Scott Van Slyke. He was hitting pretty well in the minors and got the call up a few days ago. Is he worth grabbing in 12 team h2h dynasty league (28 players per team)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd call Van Slyke a 4A guy. His dad was awesome though!!
None of the guys listed above I'd get too excited about.
Most WWs would have plenty of better options.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My knowledge isn't too deep on this subject, but i'd love to see Yelich called up. :yahoo:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yelich will have a day named after him!!!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yelich is owned already. :rollseyes:

Also I dropped Buck for Avisail Garcia (Little Miggy)

If this is a very recent move, then I say good timing by you. Buck's time as Cinderella is done, and he has turned back into the pumpkin that he is. And, with A-Jax going on the D/L today, that opens up LF for Garcia, with likely Andy Dirks moving from left to center in the interim.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eye roll tells me you're confused....
I didn't suggest you pick up Yelich. In any keeper league I would assume he was gone, as well as any of the list of guys I gave you earlier.
These are top prospects that when I say "will have a day" just means I'll do a write up on them when they're called up.
The guys you've listed above aren't better than anyone you can grab off the WW, so there's really no point to write them up.
That's why grabbing top prospects is important in keeper leagues. The elite prospects will be relevant...the 4A guys won't be.
Don't waste roster spots on mediocre prospects; they won't (99% of the time) improve once they face big league pitchers/hitters.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eye roll tells me you're confused....
I didn't suggest you pick up Yelich. In any keeper league I would assume he was gone, as well as any of the list of guys I gave you earlier.
These are top prospects that when I say "will have a day" just means I'll do a write up on them when they're called up.
The guys you've listed above aren't better than anyone you can grab off the WW, so there's really no point to write them up.
That's why grabbing top prospects is important in keeper leagues. The elite prospects will be relevant...the 4A guys won't be.
Don't waste roster spots on mediocre prospects; they won't (99% of the time) improve once they face big league pitchers/hitters.

I wasn't confused. I am just trying out the smilies.

Anyway. Well I remember Garcia's call up last year and he did pretty well. According to his scouting report he is a 5-tool player and he reminds them of Miggy. I have been watching him for a long time and I am excited to see what he puts together.