• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB All Star Game

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Mets gonna skip Harvey's start on Saturday? I guess he could pitch one inning on 2 days rest... maybe?

They should. Realistically that start will mean nothing in the end but seeing him in the All Star game would be a pretty cool thing to see/experience.

Mets are already 10 games under .500, and 11.5 games out of 1st. Their season is done. Starting Harvey at Citi Field for the All Star game would not only be the right thing to do, it would be memorable.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should. Realistically that start will mean nothing in the end but seeing him in the All Star game would be a pretty cool thing to see/experience.

I can't say for certain, but i'm pretty sure I heard one of the MLB Network guys say that Harvey's start will be skipped. And it wasn't Harold Reynolds, so there's at least a possibility that it isn't false. :)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say for certain, but i'm pretty sure I heard one of the MLB Network guys say that Harvey's start will be skipped. And it wasn't Harold Reynolds, so there's at least a possibility that it isn't false. :)

Wait, was it Mitch Williams?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Puig didn't win the final vote for NL.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was on this date back in 1934 that probably the most famous all star action occured.

At the All-Star Game played in New York's Polo Grounds, Giants pitcher Carl Hubbell faces a starting lineup comprised of nine eventual Hall of Famers. 'King Carl' is up to the unique occurrence in baseball history when he fans the first five batters he faces, including Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx, Al Simmons, and Joe Cronin.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right guy won it.

But how Pence wasn't dead last is beyond me.

He went on a last minute Twitter campaign, basically begging for votes.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, while his 13-0 screams "start me in the AS game" the fact is Scherzer is slated to start Saturday against the Rangers in Detroit. This basically recuses the possibility of him starting b/c JL has already indicated that he intends to use his SP for 2 innings, AND that nobody pitching Sat. is going 2. So, figure on it being someone from among those starting BEFORE Saturday.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer named started AL

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer named started AL

Classic case of Leyland contradicting himself. Last eeek, he said that nobody starting Saturday would start in that game because he said he intends to use his starter 2 innings. I know he had his eye on the Rangers Darvish for this, but since he pulled up lame I MAY be able to see why he backpeddled there.. and that's if I give him the benefit of the doubt. Other than that, an All-Star manager needs to explain himself when he goes changing his mind like that.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what every major T.V event needs. A corresponding drinking game.

If you're a horrible masochist, you're going to spend several hours on Monday night watching the 2013 Home Run Derby, the annual precursor to the MLB All-Star Game. This year, the event is at Citi Field in New York, home of the Mets. So really, there's plenty of sadness to go around.
But since you're already showing little-to-no regard for your own well-being by watching the Home Run Derby, you might as well go whole hog. Or at least whole tater. With that in mind, we proudly present this year's official Home Run Derby drinking game!
[Note: this is the official drinking game, not the official murder game, so we're not asking you to drink every time Chris Berman says the word "back." Be careful out there, everyone.]
More: 2013 Home Run Derby participants: MLB HR leader Chris Davis headlines AL team National League splits youth and experience
- Every time a small child is shown dangerously close to live baseballs, take a drink
- Every time a batter doesn't get the ball out of the infield, take a drink
- Every time a batter makes a big show of how impressed they are by another batter, take a drink
- Every time a batter hugs another batter, take a drink
- Every time Chris Berman says "HE HIT THAT ONE TO [local township, city, or borough], finish your drink
- Every time a tween outfielder whiffs on a can-of-corn fly ball, take a drink
- Every time a tween outfielder makes an ill-advised dive or leap for a fly ball, finish your drink
http://www.baseballnation.com/hot-corner/2013/7/10/4511358/home-run-derby-mlb-2013- Every time Chris Berman makes up a nickname for a batter that includes a pun, take two drinks

- If any batter flips his bat after hitting a home run, finish your drink and run around your house or apartment high-fiving people (imaginary people count)
- Every time there is a super-slow-motion shot of Prince Fielder jiggling, take a drink
- Every time ESPN presents a camera filter or some use of technology that makes no sense when applied to baseball and/or home runs, take two drinks
- Every time a batter asks for a "money ball" and fails to hit a home run, take two drinks
- Every time a co-host laughs at a joke that isn't funny, take a drink
- If Chris Berman makes a comment that sounds vaguely racist while Yoenis Cespedes is at bat, tug your collar and take a drink
- Take a drink for every five "BACK BACK BACK"s (see? we're sensible)
- Every time you see the home run apple, take a drink (Note: this refers to the actual New York Mets home run apple, and not any talking or baseball-playing apples you may be seeing at this point as a result of alcohol psychosis)

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, well.. Might as well watch it anyway.. prolly beteeen Davis and Fielder anyway *hic*

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, well.. Might as well watch it anyway.. prolly beteeen Davis and Fielder anyway *hic*

Don't count out Pedro. His primary skill is hitting the ball a long way. I'm not saying he's going to win it, but he doesn't have to adjust his swing at all to compete.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't count out Pedro. His primary skill is hitting the ball a long way. I'm not saying he's going to win it, but he doesn't have to adjust his swing at all to compete.

Yup.. gotta have a beer and a Nugent tune to him too *burrrp* lol

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither does Fielder. And, I don't think Fielder has any idea what the term 2 strike adjustment means....

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither does Fielder. And, I don't think Fielder has any idea what the term 2 strike adjustment means....

Nahh.. you just make Fielder think someone walked Miggy to pitch to him-- that pisses him off bro haha

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,103.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taking robbie cano tonight and will be rooting for the AL tomorrow night