• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB All Star Game

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NL Home Run Derby team will be:

Wright, Gonzalez, Harper, Cuddyer

Cuddyer's a head-scratcher for me. His home run total's decent, but he's not really a pure power hitter. I can understand Harper being in there, but he's been hurt for about a third of the season so far. Alvarez and Brown being second and third in the NL in home runs makes a pretty strong case.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NL Home Run Derby team will be:

Wright, Gonzalez, Harper, Cuddyer

Cuddyer's a head-scratcher for me. His home run total's decent, but he's not really a pure power hitter. I can understand Harper being in there, but he's been hurt for about a third of the season so far. Alvarez and Brown being second and third in the NL in home runs makes a pretty strong case.

And here is the A.L team.

Robinson Cano (AL Captain) – Appropriately enough, Cano is the captain once again for the American League side. The 30-year-old has 20 home runs in 88 games this season and has reached at least 28 home runs in each of the past three seasons.
Prince Fielder – A no-brainer for Cano, as Fielder is the defending champion from last year’s Home Run Derby in Kansas City. The 29-year-old first baseman has 15 home runs in 87 games this season and has hit at least 28 in each of his full seasons in the majors.
Chris Davis – The man everybody wants to see. With a swing that almost looks effortless, Davis currently leads the majors with 33 home runs. The leading vote getter for this year’s All-Star Game, he has the most home runs by anyone before the All-Star break since Barry Bonds back in 2001.
TBA – Cano is still deciding on who his final pick will be, with an announcement expected tomorrow. For now, let your imaginations run wild with the possibilities.

I hope the TBA ends up being Bautista. I would say Cabrera, but I think he has already said he has no interest in this.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering why everyone's hating on Puig.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are a lot of snubs people are just so used to voting for the same player year after year (Torii Hunter) because as a mariner fan I think Raul Ibanez should have made it over him and Kyle Seager over Ben Zobrist. they should have fans only vote for starters and reserves by the managers
Seager shouldn't have made it if Longoria and Donaldson weren't on the team. 3rd base has been stacked this year in the AL but they decided to go with 4 second basemen instead for some reason.

Ibanez may deserve it more than Hunter, but neither really deserves it anyway.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen enough from him in terms of consistency and sustainability. He's a talented ballplayer, but there are other, more proven guys.

Doesn't get much better than Puig in terms of a small sample size. 4 hits off DiMaggio for his first month.

someguy678

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im thinking corbin or bailey for NL
and Darvish for AL

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't get much better than Puig in terms of a small sample size. 4 hits off DiMaggio for his first month.

Yes, but it's still a very small sample size and his .494 BABIP, and his 0.16 BB/K ratio doesn't exactly scream sustainable. I'm not saying he's not going to be an all star, but he hasn't done it long enough to warrant it this year. I feel he's bound to regress once the league has a book on him, especially if he doesn't start taking walks.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im thinking corbin or bailey for NL
and Darvish for AL

You could definitely make a case for Darvish, but Scherzer may be more deserving.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager shouldn't have made it if Longoria and Donaldson weren't on the team. 3rd base has been stacked this year in the AL but they decided to go with 4 second basemen instead for some reason.

Ibanez may deserve it more than Hunter, but neither really deserves it anyway.

well I know that raul ibanez isnt the sexiest player in the league but he is tied for 6th in the league in homers

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I know that raul ibanez isnt the sexiest player in the league but he is tied for 6th in the league in homers
Yeah and Adam Dunn is tied for 3rd, but HRs alone don't make a player an All-Star. There are more deserving players than Ibanez, although I agree he's more deserving than Hunter.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer absolutely deserves it.

I wonder if Mr. Hockey has changed his opinion on Scherzer or not? He seemed to almost be offended when I called for Scherzer to start for the A.L on page 1 on 6/20.

This is not the best example, but nothing says "I told you so", or, "I knew this as of" than a date and time stamp on a post.

Too bad all my pre-season musings were lost at CBS, as there have been many times I wanted to go back and play I told you so...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they figure out the position players for the all star game. But who does everyone think will be the starting pitcher for the AL and NL all star teams?

Scherzer from Detroit and Harvey from NYM.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Mets gonna skip Harvey's start on Saturday? I guess he could pitch one inning on 2 days rest... maybe?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Mets gonna skip Harvey's start on Saturday? I guess he could pitch one inning on 2 days rest... maybe?

They should. Realistically that start will mean nothing in the end but seeing him in the All Star game would be a pretty cool thing to see/experience.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Mr. Hockey has changed his opinion on Scherzer or not? He seemed to almost be offended when I called for Scherzer to start for the A.L on page 1 on 6/20.

This is not the best example, but nothing says "I told you so", or, "I knew this as of" than a date and time stamp on a post.

Too bad all my pre-season musings were lost at CBS, as there have been many times I wanted to go back and play I told you so...

Where was I even remotely offended? I don't look at record as an indication. Stick King Felix on the Tigers and the guy wins the Cy Young every year. Sure, give Scherzer the start since he's undefeated. Whatever. I guess I figured he'd lose by now.

Not close to offended. I just know better pitchers when I see them. Give me Felix or Darvish any day.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for "I told you so". You didn't tell me anything.

Are you able to read? I said "right now" as in "as of right now" When I made the post. Fool.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was I even remotely offended? I don't look at record as an indication. Stick King Felix on the Tigers and the guy wins the Cy Young every year. Sure, give Scherzer the start since he's undefeated. Whatever. I guess I figured he'd lose by now.

Not close to offended. I just know better pitchers when I see them. Give me Felix or Darvish any day.

Well, thank you for chiming in. And, I guess I read your response to me before incorrectly, which happens to me, A LOT.

I guess we will both have to see how this pans out.