• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB 2024 Trade Deadline…

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Randy Arozarena to the Mariners. I didn’t think the Rays would actually move him.

mgomrjsurf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of Starters starting this Weekend who could be Trade so Teams better not start them so they don't get injured.
If It was a Blockbuster MLB Network would been in to talk about it and they didn't for the Puk one.even just say on area besides on bottom screen between Games.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Winfield getting drafted by 4 major US sports leagues (MLB, NFL, NBA, ABA).
I don't think he played in those other sports as a professional though. Another lesser known one is Ron Reed. He was a relief pitcher but also played a couple seasons in the NBA

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he played in those other sports as a professional though. Another lesser known one is Ron Reed. He was a relief pitcher but also played a couple seasons in the NBA
Brian Jordan
Michael Jordan (AA)
John Burkett (pro bowler)
Madison Bumgarner (pro rodeo)

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are going to be one of the most interesting teams to watch at the deadline, as they have a LOT of good names to move if they are so inclined.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are going to be one of the most interesting teams to watch at the deadline, as they have a LOT of good names to move if they are so inclined.
They never traded Bum. They never traded Rodon.

I think Chappy and Snell could fetch HUGE hauls, but I don’t expect either to be dealt. Ownership wouldn’t allow for the dip in attendance.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox have acquired James Paxton. I can’t figure out what value he has unless it’s in the bullpen…maybe.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They never traded Bum. They never traded Rodon.

I think Chappy and Snell could fetch HUGE hauls, but I don’t expect either to be dealt. Ownership wouldn’t allow for the dip in attendance.
Snell is a tricky case due to the opt out. But every contending team would want him if he’s pitching like he’s capable. I’m wondering if a team like Baltimore would make a bold move like Snell.

Chapman is most likely a rental, but a huge upgrade for several teams. Yankees could really use him to name one.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell is a tricky case due to the opt out. But every contending team would want him if he’s pitching like he’s capable. I’m wondering if a team like Baltimore would make a bold move like Snell.

Chapman is most likely a rental, but a huge upgrade for several teams. Yankees could really use him to name one.
Those are the teams reportedly interested in each.

Snell has a player option for 30M next year. But for a contender, they are looking for THIS year, and he has had 3 CY-level starts in a row. He will likely opt out, but if he doesn’t, you have an Ace-level pitcher at an Ace-level price. That isn’t bad.

Chappy also an opt-out, and he is very frustrating offensively, but his defense is fun as hell to watch. He has a 4.2 WAR this year.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox have acquired James Paxton. I can’t figure out what value he has unless it’s in the bullpen…maybe.
Yeah he can strike some guys out so maybe the bullpen works. He's getting a big downgrade in ballparks for a left handed pitcher though. That Green monster probably feels pretty close to him compared to pitching in Seattle.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are the teams reportedly interested in each.

Snell has a player option for 30M next year. But for a contender, they are looking for THIS year, and he has had 3 CY-level starts in a row. He will likely opt out, but if he doesn’t, you have an Ace-level pitcher at an Ace-level price. That isn’t bad.

Chappy also an opt-out, and he is very frustrating offensively, but his defense is fun as hell to watch. He has a 4.2 WAR this year.
I picked my Orioles seats from 2014-2019 in part because I wanted to sit up close and watch Manny Machado at 3B. I had the ticket package where I got to watch one game in each series. Getting close up to watch Machado every series, as well as get a glance once a year with Donaldson (later, got to see him 3-4 times a year) and Chapman was pretty fun.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he can strike some guys out so maybe the bullpen works. He's getting a big downgrade in ballparks for a left handed pitcher though. That Green monster probably feels pretty close to him compared to pitching in Seattle.
The weird thing is the Red Sox already had the full “James Paxton Experience” last year and he was mediocre, at best. He’s pretty-much cooked at this stage of his career. I don’t really get it.