• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB 2024 Trade Deadline…

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a mere 9 days until the MLB trade deadline. This year promises to be a wild one with many teams still in the mix for a wildcard and many more looking for pieces to put them over the top. Here are the top potential trade pieces on the market at the moment:

Tarik Skubal-P(Tigers)
Garrett Crochet-P(White Sox)
Tyler Anderson-P(Angels)
Vladimir Guerrero Jr.-1B(Blue Jays)
Mason Miller-P(A’s)
Isaac Paredes-3B(Rays)
Tanner Scott-P(Marlins)
Kirby Yates-P(Rangers)
Brent Rooker-1B/OF(A’s)
Bo Bichette-SS(Blue Jays)-Injured
Erick Fedde-P(White Sox)
Jack Flaherty-P(Tigers)
Jazz Chisholm-INF/OF(Marlins)
Pete Fairbanks-P(Rays)
Jesse Winker-OF(Nationals)
Elias Diaz-C(Rockies)
Danny Jansen-C(Blue Jays)
Carlos Estevez-P(Angels)
Kyle Finnegan-P(Nationals)
Luis Robert-OF(White Sox)
Zach Eflin-P(Rays)
Yusei Kikuchi-P(Blue Jays)
Trevor Richards-P(Blue Jays)
Michael Kopech-P(White Sox)
Lane Thomas-OF(Nationals)
Josh Bell-1B(Marlins)

This list will change rapidly as teams change course over the next week+

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some good pitchers on here for the Red Sox to target…assuming they are adding pieces at the deadline.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of those, I like Crochet/Flaherty/Skubal most. Scott's peripherals worry me, a 9.9 K isn't that great when it comes with a 5+ BB/9. I think Fedde has become a good pitcher, but I think his 2.99 ERA is a mirage (3.85 xFIP) and the White Sox might ask for too much for him. I do like Eflin, but I'm wary about dealing with the Rays. If I was going to trade for anyone on the Rays, it would be Paredes

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Bob Nightengale, the Red Sox and Yankees have spoken with the Cubs about Jameson Taillon. I didn’t even have him on my list, but he’s having a damn good year. He has 2 more years on his deal, however, which makes me less enthusiastic.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of those, I like Crochet/Flaherty/Skubal most. Scott's peripherals worry me, a 9.9 K isn't that great when it comes with a 5+ BB/9. I think Fedde has become a good pitcher, but I think his 2.99 ERA is a mirage (3.85 xFIP) and the White Sox might ask for too much for him. I do like Eflin, but I'm wary about dealing with the Rays. If I was going to trade for anyone on the Rays, it would be Paredes
Skubal is the real prize on that list if the Tigers decide to move him. Balt and LAD supposedly interested, but he’ll cost some top prospects for sure.

mgomrjsurf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton not on it and will be moved and some of those won't be moved. Others will get DFA.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers aren’t just looking for an impact arm, as sources said Los Angeles is also hoping to add an impact bat in the outfield prior to next Tuesday.
Despite a down year overall, Randy Arozarenawould fit that description, especially since he’s heated up since the beginning of June.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants are sellers (they absolutely should be!) add…

Chapman
Snell
Soler
Estrada
Wade
Doval

Chapman, Snell, Wade and Doval would be the real prizes in that group. Maybe Soler, but he is having such a shit season, not sure what value he would return.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Ahmed to Dodgers. If theirs no Trades between know and Monday Morning will be a slow Deadline.
So you are saying if nothing happens it will be slow.

Is “Have a Take Wednesday” a thing here now. Jeebus, dude. Chill with the bold statements.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants are sellers (they absolutely should be!) add…

Chapman
Snell
Soler
Estrada
Wade
Doval

Chapman, Snell, Wade and Doval would be the real prizes in that group. Maybe Soler, but he is having such a shit season, not sure what value he would return.
The price for Snell is interesting. It’s the same thing as Bellinger. Potential is there, but the contract is pretty weird with the current performance off his normal career path. Personally, I’d love to have him in Baltimore, and thought he or Montgomery should have been a target for us after trading for Burnes, but maybe Elias isn’t interested?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying if nothing happens it will be slow.

Is “Have a Take Wednesday” a thing here now. Jeebus, dude. Chill with the bold statements.
I don’t think your humor is appreciated enough here. Spit my water all over the phone haha

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price for Snell is interesting. It’s the same thing as Bellinger. Potential is there, but the contract is pretty weird with the current performance off his normal career path. Personally, I’d love to have him in Baltimore, and thought he or Montgomery should have been a target for us after trading for Burnes, but maybe Elias isn’t interested?
I am actually quite neutral on trading Snell. If he opts out, fine. The Giants can either attempt to resign him or let him walk and save 30M for next year. If he opts in, great, we have potentially 3 Aces starting the season (with Webb and Ray). If he is traded, we will have received top level prospects in return.

Keeping him and him opting out is probably the worst if those 3 options, but it isn’t a horrible outcome.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think your humor is appreciated enough here. Spit my water all over the phone haha
Sam Elliott Hello GIF by GritTV