• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB 1977 Player Draft

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good and bad news. Good news: Mr. Hockey logged on today at 4:22pm. Bad News: He never posted anything. Maybe my 2,168 PM's saying he is OTC scared him off. :noidea:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Cruz lefty and a higher average, Burroughs a lot more homers. I liked Cruz's lefty bat too. Plus that crazy ass stance lol

Yeah, I think Burroughs had twice as many HR's...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closing in on 6000 Ritz, crazy!

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stalk much

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good and bad news. Good news: Mr. Hockey logged on today at 4:22pm. Bad News: He never posted anything. Maybe my 2,168 PM's saying he is OTC scared him off. :noidea:

I have an idea for the good players Mr Hockey picked. Do another randomizer for a supplemental draft order. It will come up 1-9. Whoever draws 1st pick in the supplemental round will have the option to pick any player off Mr Hockey's roster, with the condition that they have to drop a player from the same position when they do. For example, if Nos drew #1, and wanted Dave Winfield, he could add him, but he would have to drop Jose Cruz. Or Nos could choose not to take any of Hockey's players. Hypothetically, when it got to picks 8 and 9, if Hockey's 7 players were all gone, the last two guys to pick would have the choice of any of the 7 players who were dropped. To make it fair, the players picking 8 and 9 would get double picks, meaning they get 2 dropped players apiece. Any remaining players would go into the general pool.
Also, supplemental picks could be traded. For example, Nos gets pick number 1 and I have number 9, Nos could trade pick Number 1 and one of his players to me for one of my top players, etc. Just a thought

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an idea for the good players Mr Hockey picked. Do another randomizer for a supplemental draft order. It will come up 1-9. Whoever draws 1st pick in the supplemental round will have the option to pick any player off Mr Hockey's roster, with the condition that they have to drop a player from the same position when they do. For example, if Nos drew #1, and wanted Dave Winfield, he could add him, but he would have to drop Jose Cruz. Or Nos could choose not to take any of Hockey's players. Hypothetically, when it got to picks 8 and 9, if Hockey's 7 players were all gone, the last two guys to pick would have the choice of any of the 7 players who were dropped. To make it fair, the players picking 8 and 9 would get double picks, meaning they get 2 dropped players apiece. Any remaining players would go into the general pool.
Also, supplemental picks could be traded. For example, Nos gets pick number 1 and I have number 9, Nos could trade pick Number 1 and one of his players to me for one of my top players, etc. Just a thought

What will we do for playoffs with uneven teams?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I meant we will be losing Hockey as a team. So we will be down to 9 teams and need 10 teams for playoffs. Or are you saying Hockey gets the players we drop after picking one from his team?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I meant we will be losing Hockey as a team. So we will be down to 9 teams and need 10 teams for playoffs. Or are you saying Hockey gets the players we drop after picking one from his team?

In that case, we add a prevision that the first two teams to pick players from Hockeys list would have to play each other in a wild card playoff round. They would be adding a HOF player, but would have to play an extra round. Fair to me. Of course, they could choose NOT to take a player, thereby getting a bye....

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care for just picking draft orders...whoever gets high, say Carl Yaz can be switched out for joe blow who could be a 14th rounder...will have a huge advantage...

A 3 team committee, votes on players nominated to fill the positions and just let the team ride as is after that. keep at 10 teams

No need to create a bigger issue by allowing top 7 round picks into the draft, after the draft and change the whole dynamic.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, so i'm a Debbie downer, I don't like it. What if you are one of the 2 that don't get to pick someone from his team you are stuck with a player someone else gets rid of. If I get Dave Winfield and someone else get's Jose Cruz I don't think that's really fair at all.

Maybe something more fair would be you have a chance at one of his players but what ever round he drafted that player in you have to dump the player you drafted in that round. Although I honestly don't even really like that. I say we fill his team with players, I have done a chit ton of research and have like 20 guys on my list, i'll gladly put some of them on hockey's team.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we decided how we are going to determine the best team? Nos and I didn't like how the championship game last mock got ruined so trying to figure out the best way to do it. I still vote we all rank everyone's team. We hold a playoff matchup poll and once we get to the finals that has the best ranking wins. It will be a secret rankings in the beginning so Bums can't cheat and vote for guys ranked lower then him so once he faces them in the finals he knows he is guaranteed to win.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we finish round 13 and stop and pick 6 players to add to hockey's team then do that like every 4 rounds.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember 500vcash to the winner of this mock draft :suds:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we decided how we are going to determine the best team? Nos and I didn't like how the championship game last mock got ruined so trying to figure out the best way to do it. I still vote we all rank everyone's team. We hold a playoff matchup poll and once we get to the finals that has the best ranking wins. It will be a secret rankings in the beginning so Bums can't cheat and vote for guys ranked lower then him so once he faces them in the finals he knows he is guaranteed to win.

No cuz i'm the only one who will know who got the best ranking and people will think im voting against a player that might be ranked ahead of me just so I wouldn't have to play him.

I say we continue doing it like we always have and just not post to come vote on threads or boards we don't normally go. I got us over 40 votes just PM'ing people I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we finish round 13 and stop and pick 6 players to add to hockey's team then do that like every 4 rounds.

just pick up 4, then make his pick every round, and pick 2 at the end...he should have a 2 round behind punishment for the rest of the draft.

and I don't want to get beat by a "house" team

ps...just have 3 guys from the fantasty boards determine the champion game, they actually know stats and players.

Last edited by a moderator: