• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Mizzou/Florida ESPN 2

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if Florida has a sort of culture like Michigan where its hard for a new coach to make the necessary changes that needs to be made to a program to make it successful. Look at what happened to Rich Rod in Michigan where he couldn't implement his type of program into that football culture.

His type of ball fit like a square peg in a round hole in Ann Arbor.

Not saying this is going on in Florida, but I'm also stunned at what is going on down in Gainesville.

Well Mookie, maybe as an outsider you will listen to my answer. Not many of my Gator brethren will do so. So here goes:

Jeremy Foley, our AD, has been one of the most successful AD’s in the country. He has hired winner after winner in programs such as basketball, baseball, gymnastics, volleyball, softball, etc... Multiple national championships and always a top 5 program in the country in overall athletics for men’s and women’s sports.

The glaring exception is football. Here are his most recent hires for head coach: 1) Ron Zook - rookie head coach when he took over Florida. Absolute loser, but not the worst. Very good recruiter, but couldn’t win. 2) Urban Meyer - Before you say anything, Urban was brought in by our then new President, Bernie Machen who had just moved to UF from Utah. Machen brought Urban to UF, not Foley. 3) Will Muschamp - rookie head coach. The worst head coach in modern Florida football history by a landslide. You have to go way the fuck back into the 70’s to find one worse.

BUT, because Foley is so entrenched at UF, he continually gets a pass because of his other good hires. I’m done with the horse-toothed bitch. He needs to go and the entire program needs to be gutted and started over again. It’s chemotherapy and radiation all rolled in to one.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foley has continued success so there is no reason to remove him. Just have the President create a panel to hire the new coach and don't leave it up to Foley.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

It might be a good ideal to create a panel or hire someone who would be more of a football program director. Maybe a former player who is still in touch with the program. I know TOSU has Archie Griffin as an assistant AD, but he seems to be more involved with the football program than Gene Smith.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes I would love Muschamp as a DC. Our defense is still a bit spotty.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foley has continued success so there is no reason to remove him. Just have the President create a panel to hire the new coach and don't leave it up to Foley.

:agree: I just want Muschamp gone. Im 37 years old and been a Gators fan since I was around 12 years old and I have never seen anything like this. My son and I just watched the game together like we always do and he was just speechless. 16 year olds arent speechless. I mean really what can you say?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe there is talent at RB and WR and a very solid defense but after that not to much and the coaching is just beyond terrible. The o line is absolute garbage. I do like what I see at times out of Harris but if Muschamp is still around if I was Harris I'd transfer.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe there is talent at RB and WR and a very solid defense but after that not to much and the coaching is just beyond terrible. The o line is absolute garbage. I do like what I see at times out of Harris but if Muschamp is still around if I was Harris I'd transfer.

Good point about the OL. They are dreadful and have no reason to be

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone else mentioned they were 37. I’m almost 54, and I can tell you from experience that Jeremy Foley is shot. Done. Kaput. Oh sure, he’s done some good things. But not with football. Not with the flagship.

I’ve been in management for the past 20+ years of my life and I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt that Jeremy Foley has lost whatever edge he had. It’s very simple. Things like this don’t happen over and over to great managers. He’s hired two absolute loser ROOKIE head coaches to run a Top 5 most desirable program in the country. He’s a fuckup. We need an Athletic Director, NOT an assistant athletic director. Fuck that shit about taking football away from him and giving it to the President or a Board. That’s the gayest fucking thing I’ve ever heard of. He’s failed. Repeatedly now. Time to go. Trust me on this one, you will all be shaking your head within a year or two wondering why we didn’t fire that fucking horse-toothed bastard.