• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mixon restructures

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise, really. With the way the RB market is, he was getting overpaid. It was either take it, or end up getting more money than he would have here, but likely on a team that wasn't as set to win - plus learning a new offense, etc....

Bengals running back Joe Mixon restructured his contract on Friday, which will keep him in Cincinnati for the 2023 season and potentially beyond. Mixon took a $4.39 million pay cut this year according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. That means he'll make roughly $5.51 million in base salary in 2023.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was either take a pay cut or get cut.
It really likely was...and as mentioned above - I don't think the RB is strong enough for him to get what he was getting this year, originally. Then factor in taking a position on a team not as set up to win, and then learning a new offense after summer OTA's and such...this was the smart move on his end.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL, and the sports world in general, is filled with undesirables...
100 percent. They value the dollar over anything decent and respectable. I think it is funny how they fired Josh brown former Husker punter for domestics abuse that wasn't caught on camera. The Joe Mixon assault was when he was still at OU and he becomes a first rounder....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100 percent. They value the dollar over anything decent and respectable. I think it is funny how they fired Josh brown former Husker punter for domestics abuse that wasn't caught on camera. The Joe Mixon assault was when he was still at OU and he becomes a first rounder....
No doubt. When you can do something that makes them millions - you'll get a million chances. You and I would still be in jail for even just half of the things that some of these guys get cleared with no punishment more than a slap on the wrist.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, he was a second rounder, but I get what you are laying down. Because of that incident he dropped out of the first round.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the Bengals needed was a veteran presence to exist while Chase Brown and Trayveon Williams battle out who will be the RB of the future.

one of these kids could end up having some big games this year.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this mean it is the end of the road for Chris Evans? Seems hard to carry 4 RB's on the active roster, and if you stick one on the practice squad, they will not stay, but rather get picked up.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this mean it is the end of the road for Chris Evans? Seems hard to carry 4 RB's on the active roster, and if you stick one on the practice squad, they will not stay, but rather get picked up.
No - I think you see this:

Mixon
Brown
Evans

Odd man out, to me, would be Williams - not sure if he's PS eligible, but that is where I would see him. Same with any of the other RB's.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL, and the sports world in general, is filled with undesirables...
The board of directors of the media conglomerates are bigger pieces of shit from bigger pieces of shit families.