• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miscellaneous Stuff

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys, if this was just a plain old raffle I'd say **ck off :D, but since it's for a great cause I'll post it here.

The Giants are holding a world series ring raffle for the fans to get a chance to win an actual World Series ring and more. All proceeds go to Junior Giants Foundation and tickets are surprisingly inexpensive. Here is a link to it:

https://secure.mlb.com/sf/community/gcf/ring_raffle.jsp

End June 9th, drawing is June 10th, announced during the game telecast on June 11th.

I already told them my ring size......

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another Misc. item

It was on this date back in 1997 that, after 126 years of major league play, the first interleague game in history is played when the Giants defeat the Rangers, 4-3, at the Ballpark in Texas. Glenallen Hill becomes the National League's first regular season designated hitter.

Jerzyjeff

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another Misc. item

It was on this date back in 1997 that, after 126 years of major league play, the first interleague game in history is played when the Giants defeat the Rangers, 4-3, at the Ballpark in Texas. Glenallen Hill becomes the National League's first regular season designated hitter.

Not much of a surprise. Glenallen Hill just may have been the worst fielder in all of MLB during his career. Jose Offerman laughs at Hill.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much of a surprise. Glenallen Hill just may have been the worst fielder in all of MLB during his career. Jose Offerman laughs at Hill.

:laugh3: How did Offerman even get to the majors with those stone hands? At least Glenallen could throw. Does this need to be moved to the Dodger Schadenfreude Thread?:)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, Hambone got the first interleague hit...