• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mind-numbing

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twice through the order against a guy who has 4 starts in his career.

yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It put me to sleep. Unfortunately I woke up in time to see the ninth inning.

Good nap, lousy ending.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's 9 runs in 5 games -- and 5 of them in 1 game. Anybody ELSE want to testify that the hitting instructor needs to be fired, along with his boss?

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking that for three or four years now, but it's not going to happened. Jacoby is teaching what Dusty wants. Swing for the fences. If the Reds don't hit home runs, they don't score. Cards lose 4 straight, and we don't pick up a single game, Now that sucks.

smokerch15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell. Now. This team doesn't show up believing they can win. Season over. Forget it.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless your name is Adam Dunn, singles happen more often than homers, especially against decent pitching in larger parks. The lineup that went against the Padres last night-Robinson, Iztruris, etc. LESS one of the 4 semi-dependable hitters on the roster (Phillips) was uh...more toothless than usual. Days off are needed ? Ok...IMO, that's for legit injuries only when you trail by 5 games. The All Stars didn't get a break, BP played in the WBC, are excuses to weaken a lineup already weak enough. The WBC is an optional Spring Training substitute. The All Stars got as much a break as a normal travel day off...The bottom line is, you can't make up ground without winning at a better than .500 pace. Saving guys for playoffs you can't make without them, doesn't make sense.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is mind boggling to me some of decisions DustMop has made on this road trip:
1) Against the Dodgers: Having a runner on 3rd with 1 out in a scoreless game and DROB at the plate. You have Choo to PH against a right handed pitcher but you prefer to stay with DROB whose likelihood of hitting it out of the infield deep enough to score a run are less than 25%. Result---LOSS
2) Line up last night. Really are you kidding me? DROB and Izturdus at 1 and 2 in the lineup? DROB had a couple of hits but IZTURDUS went 0-5 in front of Votto. That is on the manager. Why not Paul? At least he would have got on via a walk or two.

Bottom line here is that the players DUSTMOP does put on the field are not getting it done; however, it sure might help win some of these 1 run games if you set a lineup that makes sense. Reds should have traded for a right handed hitter and shipped out at one of the left handed banger we have like Paul or Izturdus. This team will be lucky to get a wild card spot so they can embarrass themselves again.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean O'Sullivan is NOT a guy who ought to hold a contending team to 1 solitary run that scored on a play that could have/should have been an out had Alonso been more mentally gifted. Robinson didn't even slide. He was lucky he was safe.

Cincy the Red

It all starts with heart.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skid City for the Reds folks. The Cards are finally doing what most of us expected at some point which was skid themselves.......and here we are unable to take advantage. As stated various times throughout our conversations, Dusty has no ability to motivate these guys. All the skill in the world means crap if you have no heart/desire. Starting pitching is great.....but.....Leake just experienced what Bailey has been going through all freaking year....no offensive support. I don't blame Chappy so much, all closers blow a few here and there. Tough loss nonetheless...........................starting........to..........get.........pissed.

And hell, I am a "glass half full" kind of guy....

I know they like Dusty, but liking your coach doesn't motivate you in itself. We need leadership that pushes them, not this pansy ass "Don't worry you will get 'em next time" bullshit. Someone on that team needs to get ticked off and hold themselves, and each other accountable.

Pardon my French but, "Fuck This." :bullshit:

Cincy the Red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition, I wanna see somebody smash the dugout phone with a baseball bat like Ortiz did the other night.......at least at that point, I might think making the World Series means something to them.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the dugout phone should have been smashed a week or so before the ASG.
I gotta wonder what the mood in the clubhouse is after last night's disaster. Do they just sit and stare at the wall? Do they pray? Do they cuss at each other?

Yeah, "this happens over a long season" has reached a point that there are about 50 games left. At this rate, the Reds will win about 20 of them. With 59 plus 20, that's 79 wins.

Well, Dusty will be back next year with his loyal staff and we'll go get 'em again, right?

Boolah boolah.

Cincy the Red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that wisdom coming from a Bengals fan.....go figure. Thanks for the insight "Tubby."

NorseFury

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Padres! :) What a win off Chapman.

Cincy the Red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a hell of a smack for sure "NorseFury"....dead center.....

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no problem with a guy saying 'Go Padres' ... that had to be a biggie for the S.D. fans.
At least there's not a comment about "thugs."

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thugs hit. Thugs are tough. Thugs dont let people walk in and take shit from them. Reds don't qualify. They're pussies...even though every chick sits on one, they think theirs is special. Valued higher than performance warrents usually. One size fits all, but always looking for a bigger stick. A million excuses, except for what's really ailing them. This team needs a kick in the ass, from a guy that NEEDS to win. Flowers and Chocolates just make this team allergic and fat. If the house is dirty, run the effen sweeper, wash the dishes and do some laundry... instead of whining for a maid.

Other than that, the Reds are fine. Maybe they need a thug or two... Or to be managed by an old Madame that knows when to work and when to walk.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rolling right along again tonight, I see.
If the fans don't matter about this, then fuck this franchise.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the front office for being hoodwinked by Dusteromus. If you can't see how fucked up this Coaching staff is, then you need to rethink what your priorities are. If you think its the players, do something about it. But sitting on your ass waiting for Ludwick to come and make it all better is just plain fucking stupid. If you fired the Coaching staff and Dusteromus right now, it might light a fire on these players and let them know that it is on them now.

Cozart/Frazier/Robinson/Meso/Heisey/Izturdus/Hanahan/RuPaul----these bums need to shit or get off the pot. This franchise shouldn't waste anymore time here on these guys.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the front office for being hoodwinked by Dusteromus. If you can't see how fucked up this Coaching staff is, then you need to rethink what your priorities are. If you think its the players, do something about it. But sitting on your ass waiting for Ludwick to come and make it all better is just plain fucking stupid. If you fired the Coaching staff and Dusteromus right now, it might light a fire on these players and let them know that it is on them now.

Cozart/Frazier/Robinson/Meso/Heisey/Izturdus/Hanahan/RuPaul----these bums need to shit or get off the pot. This franchise shouldn't waste anymore time here on these guys.

According to "Despite Dusty," we're being too negative, according to his definition.
So we want to be a little kinder than that.