• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miller out for season

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL just reported he tore his ACL.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fuckin rollercoaster season it has been.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really sucks for you guys. So many injuries around the league this year.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tsar-Nuclear-Explosion.jpg

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once I seen it happen I assumed the worst. Just confirmed my fear, season goes on. Hopefully he comes back next year at the right weight and with a chip on his shoulder so he can unleash

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If either the Broncos or Patriots win the Super Bowl this year it will be a testament to just how good their quarterbacks are. Both teams have just been devastated by injuries.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally hate to see that happen to any player, but I refuse to feel bad for that lying, cheating sack of crap.

From a poster on the Patriots messageboard. Patriot fans bitching about cheating. How ironic.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing a starter always hurts but Von has not been in Von of 2011 / 2012. The Broncos are 6 and 0 without him and 6-3 with him. I know it's silly to blame the loses on him, I'm just pointing out the world (and the Broncos season) didn't end with his injury. He just hasn't been the dominate Von that we're accustomed to seeing. While the defense has issues I believe it's good enough to win the SB with our offense.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing a starter always hurts but Von has not been in Von of 2011 / 2012. The Broncos are 6 and 0 without him and 6-3 with him. I know it's silly to blame the loses on him, I'm just pointing out the world (and the Broncos season) didn't end with his injury. He just hasn't been the dominate Von that we're accustomed to seeing. While the defense has issues I believe it's good enough to win the SB with our offense.

I think Von has been better than you believe Pro Football Focus has him rated very highly. True his sack numbers were down, but so are JJ Watt's this season and he's still been unblockable.

Pointing to their record isn't exactly fair either because their 3 losses are to teams that are better than anybody they beat in the first 6 games.

That said, I agree they are good enough on offense to overcome the loss. The problem is the defense has been so bad that the offense doesn't have much margin for error. Still, maybe that he's out everyone will step up their game because now they know that Von won't be there to bail them out. Guys like Philips, Ayers, and Jackson are going to have to pick up the pass rush and Irving (who I thought played pretty well yesterday) is going to have to cover.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is a huge loss, this maybe sends the message to the defense that they have to rise to the occasion.

4 games. Play your best for 4 games.

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up !

And we actually played pretty good D the first 6 games this season without Miller.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller being out is really a killer. The lack of pressure on the QB is going to bury our defensive backfield. JDR is going to have to figure out how to get pressure on the QBs without him on the field. For most of the season, we have been pretty bad getting to the opposing QBs, and now we have to do this without Von. This will take a combination of multiple players stepping up their games, as well as great game-planning by JDR. That's a tall order.

Fortunately, it looks like Champ is back, and he can help the defensive backfield a lot with not only his play, but making sure that the DBs know their assignments. I'll be on the edge of my seat watching this defense, knowing that they are stitched together and could fall apart at any time.

Can the Broncos win the Super Bowl without Von Miller? We shall see.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up !

And we actually played pretty good D the first 6 games this season without Miller.

You think the defense was doing well after the first 6 weeks? It actually pretty much sucked.

This is about as devastating as it gets going into the play offs.

Maybe the Broncos will be the first team to win it all with a QB that passed for over 5000 yards.

Maybe.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Von has been better than you believe Pro Football Focus has him rated very highly. True his sack numbers were down, but so are JJ Watt's this season and he's still been unblockable.

Don't get me wrong, I never said he wasn't playing good. I said he wasn't his dominate self from 2011 and 2012. I don't just look at the stat line after a game and decide if someone had a good game. He hasn't had that explosive first step that he had over his first couple of seasons. I suspect the extra weight and the lay off had something to do with it. Von's playing good but not at the superstar level he has in the past. And yes, that does include sacks.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up !

What? We gave up 26.3 points per game over the first 6 weeks. That's higher than our season average, despite playing much better competition after those games. And we gave up 48 points to the Cowboys! In what world is that "pretty good D"?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get me wrong, I never said he wasn't playing good. I said he wasn't his dominate self from 2011 and 2012. I don't just look at the stat line after a game and decide if someone had a good game. He hasn't had that explosive first step that he had over his first couple of seasons. I suspect the extra weight and the lay off had something to do with it. Von's playing good but not at the superstar level he has in the past. And yes, that does include sacks.

His sack production was going to be down due to the fact that Dumervil was gone, and that was predicted by many of us when he knew Dumervil was gone.

However, he was very productive. 5 sacks in approximately 8 games, with 3 forced fumbles. He has had 7 tackles for losses which leads the team.

Right now, the way it stands, with out Von Miller, it will take a small miracle for the Broncos to survive the play offs.

That is the way I see it.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos will press on. Maybe this will force the coaches to scheme a little better. Maybe someone else will step up and make a name for himself in the playoffs. Maybe each player will contribute a little more in ways that won't always get noticed but have a big impact. Plenty of teams are missing key players in the AFC playoffs. If the Broncos allow this to be what derails their season they weren't a Super Bowl contender to begin with.

Go Broncos!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This injury shit has been unbelievable this year. Worst season I can ever remember.