• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miller out for season

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, he was very productive. 5 sacks in approximately 8 games, with 3 forced fumbles. He has had 7 tackles for losses which leads the team.

Right now, the way it stands, with out Von Miller, it will take a small miracle for the Broncos to survive the play offs.

That is the way I see it.

Hmm. That's interesting. Points per game has stayed roughly the same 26.3 (including 48 to Dallas) before Von, down only 1 point per game at 25.2 after he came back. Take out the highest and lowest it's almost identical with or without Von. Sacks are actually down by about half a sack per game since he came back.

Look, I'm not saying it's not bad news. I like Von and was hoping he could be the key to getting the D back to at least mid pack. The fact is the defense has been about the same with or without him. We managed to win 12 games this season and will probably be the #1 seed. So we can't win 4 more games? Hmm...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, he was very productive. 5 sacks in approximately 8 games, with 3 forced fumbles. He has had 7 tackles for losses which leads the team.

Right now, the way it stands, with out Von Miller, it will take a small miracle for the Broncos to survive the play offs.

Hmm. That's interesting. Points per game has stayed roughly the same 26.3 (including 48 to Dallas) before Von, down only 1 point per game at 25.2 after he came back. Take out the highest and lowest it's almost identical with or without Von. Sacks are actually down by about half a sack per game since he came back.

Look, I'm not saying it's not bad news. I like Von and was hoping he could be the key to getting the D back to at least mid pack. The fact is the defense has been about the same with or without him. We managed to win 12 games this season and will probably be the #1 seed. So we can't win 4 more games? Hmm...

Well said. To all Broncos fans to whom it applies: BACK AWAY FROM THE LEDGE!

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe in that time, Manning threw a lot more ints. I believe one or two were pick 6s too. Von Miller is a huge loss. I also think the defensive ranking went from 29th to 23rd.

He is the best player on a defense that is not that good to begin with.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game today (thankfully have NFL Rewind) I focused in on the Broncos having Champ on the field and he looks ten times better than he did earlier in the year. He finally played like his old self. So as much as our pass rush is hurt without Von our secondary just got that much better with hopefully (fingers crossed) Champ back. Then hopefully this next week getting Webster back should allow for Del Rio to feel a bit better about playing man coverage and at least mixing in some more blitzes when needed. Plus I will say the middle of the defense with Sly, Knighton, Jackson, and Unrein was getting some decent pressure yesterday. Sly is really starting to impress me.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe in that time, Manning threw a lot more ints. I believe one or two were pick 6s too.

We also lead the league in fumbles with 16 lost with and without Von which has gave the opposition many short fields. The stat that matters the most is scoring, not yards, and that is where his presence has virtually made no impact.

Agreed but we won games without him and we can moving forward. I remember all the gloom and doom when he got suspended with some saying we'd be lucky to win 3 or 4 of the 6 without him. It's a big lose but we aren't talking about a guy that made too much of an impact on the scoreboard.

I choose to look at a team optimistically that has won 12 games so far and will probably have home field in the playoffs. If you want to think they will need a minor miracle and post nuclear bombs going off go because we lost a good player go ahead. Personally I'm having too much fun watching this team play, warts and all.

I remember the 06/07 Colts and people saying they had no chance because they had the worst rushing D of all time. How did that work out?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly not good news, but it could be worse. For example, our season could depend on how well Kyle Orton plays.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks that Von is out for the rest of the season but it is not like we were counting on this defense to take us to the SB. This team's success is going to lie with the offense.

We only need a mediocre D to make a few stops to still be a winning team. This is going to mean a better showing from the secondary and pass-rush. The secondary did not look too shabby yesterday. The texans still have two good wideouts and a decent QB but they were able to keep them quiet for most of the game. I think Champ coming back, even at 80%, will help us significantly. Coverage should be able to give the pass rush an extra half a second to get to the QB and make a play. With the pass rush I think we are going to have to get more pressure from the front four along with some schemes. Jackson and Knighton have been getting great penetration this year and Sly Williams has come on the past couple of games. Shaun Phillips is doing a decent job at his end position so we could use Ayers/Wolfe (if he comes back)/ Mincey to bring as much of a rush as they can. I am hoping Del Rio can work his magic on Mincey quickly.

For all the doom and gloom folks, name one AFC team that does not have huge questions around it.

Patriots - More banged up than we are. No receivers, no defense. Still good but not unbeatable.
Bengals, Chiefs, Colts - These teams are so up an down. One weak looking like clowns the next looking like SB champs. Chiefs have struggled with better teams. Dalton is Jekyll and Hyde. Colts have looked terrible since they beat us with the exception of yesterday.

Ravens, Dolphins, Chargers - Dolphins just got shut out. They don't have the offense to keep up. Ravens just got made a fool of at home by the pats. Flacco is looking like Average Joe that many fans believe he is. Chargers have a decent team going but their defense is similar to ours and it may be too late to get in. It is a very long road for the wildcard teams.

This year is unpredictable that I think the broncos can go to the SB or go out after one game. No one in the AFC looks unstoppable and no one looks like a doormat.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller is probably one of the 10 best players in the league

The AFC is going to be really depleted heading into the playoffs

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller is probably one of the 10 best players in the league

The AFC is going to be really depleted heading into the playoffs
how bout STL handing over a couple of those defensive studs you guys have ??

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all the stat comparisons and speculating are over, the bottom line is we need to lay better football from here on out than we have in all 3 phases. The Von Miller injury and loss for the season are behind them now.

The defense can get the job done with some help from the Offense and ST.

If we protect the football and not fumble, throw INTs or get beat too badly in the FP battle, all this defense has to do is make a few plays and hold the opponent down to around 20 PPG.

The Offense executing well, not turning the ball over and scoring points is the key to this teams post season success.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all the stat comparisons and speculating are over, the bottom line is we need to lay better football from here on out than we have in all 3 phases. The Von Miller injury and loss for the season are behind them now.

The defense can get the job done with some help from the Offense and ST.

If we protect the football and not fumble, throw INTs or get beat too badly in the FP battle, all this defense has to do is make a few plays and hold the opponent down to around 20 PPG.

The Offense executing well, not turning the ball over and scoring points is the key to this teams post season success.

I agree 100% its going to need to be a team effort like it should be. Yes the loss of Miller hurts and his big play ability but this team is capacle of scoring points and getting a few stops. Its by no means the end of the seaon at all. The focus needs to be the Raiders and thats it for now.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree 100%. I'll bet whoever wins the turnover battle advances in the Broncos playoff game. Of course that's usually the case but I think it will be crucial to protect our D as much as possible.We may be able (depending on who we play) to be upside down by 1 t.o. but I don't think we will beat anyone in the playoff field if we're down by two or more. If we're up in the t.o. battle I don't see us losing.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe in that time, Manning threw a lot more ints. I believe one or two were pick 6s too. Von Miller is a huge loss. I also think the defensive ranking went from 29th to 23rd.

So, does the Welker fumble on the 5 against Bmore count against the D or not? You have been pushing the panic button since jump street.....I will choose to see the silver lining. There is a tomorrow and we have PFM.

Go Broncos!

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% its going to need to be a team effort like it should be. Yes the loss of Miller hurts and his big play ability but this team is capacle of scoring points and getting a few stops. Its by no means the end of the seaon at all. The focus needs to be the Raiders and thats it for now.

Whoa! Couldn't ignore that one.....spot on. Great post Malibu. Agreed 100%