• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Sando's offseason grades for every NFL team - ESPN Insider

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attached is a .pdf file of the article.

It is 33 pages long. Teams are in order as listed below. First page is the introduction, then there is 1 team for each page after that, so if the team you want to look the analysis on the Steelers, they are 25th on the list and so they are on page 26.

Offseason grades for all 32 teams - NFL

New York Jets: A

Green Bay Packers: A-
Washington Redskins: A-

Dallas Cowboys: B+
Minnesota Vikings: B+
Buffalo Bills: B+
Jacksonville Jaguars: B+
Atlanta Falcons: B+
Seattle Seahawks: B+

Chicago Bears: B
Miami Dolphins: B
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: B
St. Louis Rams: B
Philadelphia Eagles: B
Kansas City Chiefs: B

Arizona Cardinals: B-
Oakland Raiders: B-
San Diego Chargers: B-
Baltimore Ravens: B-
Pittsburgh Steelers: B-
New Orleans Saints: B-
Detroit Lions: B-
Tennessee Titans: B-

Indianapolis Colts: C+
Houston Texans: C+
New York Giants: C+
Cleveland Browns: C+
Cincinnati Bengals: C+

New England Patriots: C
Denver Broncos: C
Carolina Panthers: C

San Francisco 49ers: D+

Attachments

• ESPNInsider Offseason Grades.pdf
    833.9 KB · Views: 28

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this should be an D...but i think they have something up their sleeves after the cap space they cleared and the cuts they made. what? no clue...just a feeling. i like sheard a lot...i do. CB? ghost town.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this should be an D...but i think they have something up their sleeves after the cap space they cleared and the cuts they made. what? no clue...just a feeling. i like sheard a lot...i do. CB? ghost town.

I think C is fair for New England. They did lose their star QB for 4 games, at most, lost draft picks, and had to pay some money. But they still have hope to win AFC East and Super Bowl. They had the best team in the NFL last year. So, they really didn't need to improve much.

Now, I wouldn't put them below the 49ers. Last year, the 49ers were playoff hopefuls. They had the talent and coaching to be Super Bowl hopefuls as they were prior to last season. Now the 49ers should hope they don't finish last in the NFC West after losing Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, Mike Iupati, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, and Jim Harbaugh. Those are who I can think of off the top of my head.

New England should not be in the same level as the 49ers.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think C is fair for New England. They did lose their star QB for 4 games, at most, lost draft picks, and had to pay some money. But they still have hope to win AFC East and Super Bowl. They had the best team in the NFL last year. So, they really didn't need to improve much.

Now, I wouldn't put them below the 49ers. Last year, the 49ers were playoff hopefuls. They had the talent and coaching to be Super Bowl hopefuls as they were prior to last season. Now the 49ers should hope they don't finish last in the NFC West after losing Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, Mike Iupati, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, and Jim Harbaugh. Those are who I can think of off the top of my head.

New England should not be in the same level as the 49ers.
they will win with jimmy at QB...and this team is going to be on a "fuck everyone" mission next year. bills gonna try and embarrass a few people.

12-4 or 13-3, lather rinse repeat.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will win with jimmy at QB...and this team is going to be on a "fuck everyone" mission next year. bills gonna try and embarrass a few people.

12-4 or 13-3, lather rinse repeat.

Your probably right, not because the team will play angry or anything, thats ridiculous., just like the idea of bulletin board material is stupid. There is no such thing as extra motivation in the nfl, theres just things that you can talk shit about after a win.

Your team will win a bunch of games cause the abortion of a division you play in. The bills are trying to get better but will never win without a qb, Tannehill is a nice qb but needs to take the next step, and the JETs? LOL

if you dont win atleast 12 games with your divisoin plus a pretty soft OOC you should be pissed.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your probably right, not because the team will play angry or anything, thats ridiculous., just like the idea of bulletin board material is stupid. There is no such thing as extra motivation in the nfl, theres just things that you can talk shit about after a win.

Your team will win a bunch of games cause the abortion of a division you play in. The bills are trying to get better but will never win without a qb, Tannehill is a nice qb but needs to take the next step, and the JETs? LOL

if you dont win atleast 12 games with your divisoin plus a pretty soft OOC you should be pissed.
that abortion had 1 losing record last year, jets at 4-12

5 divisions had 2 losing teams.

2013? just one losing record. 4 divisions had 2 in 2013.

its really an outdated notion, and will be again this year.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that abortion had 1 losing record last year, jets at 4-12

5 divisions had 2 losing teams.

2013? just one losing record. 4 divisions had 2 in 2013.

its really an outdated notion, and will be again this year.

Dude your really defending the Bills and Dolphins? LOL your homerism knows no bounds.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude your really defending the Bills and Dolphins? LOL your homerism knows no bounds.
you cant argue math.

its not possible.

again, the last 2 years the AFC east has had 1 team with a losing record.

other divisions had multiple. that cannot be debated.

the AFC south is far worse. so is the nfc south. so is the nfc east.

numbers dont lie.

create a counterpoint...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit, PFR's SRS system

AFC east had 1 negative team

nfc east had 2, nfc south had 3, nfc west had 2, afc south had 2....nfc north had 2.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF with a D+?
Exactly what did they do to raise their rating above an F+?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant argue math.

its not possible.

again, the last 2 years the AFC east has had 1 team with a losing record.

other divisions had multiple. that cannot be debated.

the AFC south is far worse. so is the nfc south. so is the nfc east.

numbers dont lie.

create a counterpoint...

Let's not exaggerate. The only winning record (besides NE) was 9-7, which was Buffalo last season and only because they swept the Jets. I'll give you this though...that's the best the AFCE has seen in quite some time.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not exaggerate. The only winning record (besides NE) was 9-7, which was Buffalo last season and only because they swept the Jets. I'll give you this though...that's the best the AFCE has seen in quite some time.
well, and because they beat a patriots B team in the final week. my point remains...10 years ago that statement about the afc east was factual. it hasnt been for a few years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why the Broncos get a C for their off season? They signed the 3 biggest contributors in Chris Harris, D. Thomas, and Von Miller. They let the average to good players go and kept the core. Usually what you want to do so you don't get yourself in cap trouble. They have the 2nd lowest dead money in the league showing good management of the cap. They went and got a new coaching staff that for the most part has ties to the Broncos when they were winning Super Bowls or at least having winning ways and are known as some of the better offensive and defensive minds in the league. They then went into the draft and got a guy known as a top-10 talent while also adding players to help with their biggest issue from a year ago in the OL. I know they didn't go spend big like they had the last couple of years but they spent where they needed to and kept the core that is needed. I mean for the past 4 years now they have had one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. That is not easy to keep a group like that together.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why the Broncos get a C for their off season? They signed the 3 biggest contributors in Chris Harris, D. Thomas, and Von Miller. They let the average to good players go and kept the core. Usually what you want to do so you don't get yourself in cap trouble. They have the 2nd lowest dead money in the league showing good management of the cap. They went and got a new coaching staff that for the most part has ties to the Broncos when they were winning Super Bowls or at least having winning ways and are known as some of the better offensive and defensive minds in the league. They then went into the draft and got a guy known as a top-10 talent while also adding players to help with their biggest issue from a year ago in the OL. I know they didn't go spend big like they had the last couple of years but they spent where they needed to and kept the core that is needed. I mean for the past 4 years now they have had one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. That is not easy to keep a group like that together.
you still have manning

- 2 letter grades

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you still have manning

- 2 letter grades

So the guy who finished 4th in QBR this past year? Or the guy who finished 2nd in touchdowns? Or the guy 6th in completion percentage? 4th in yards? That guy? I understand he didn't have the best 2nd half but he did have a torn quad for most of that and an OL that was crumbling around him. So what do the Broncos do but then go get the guy known as one of the best OL minds in the league in Kubiak, then bring in 2 guys who have started in this league in FA, then draft 2 guys in the top-4 picks, and then work to now focus on becoming more of a run oriented team. So not sure how again Manning is such a liability that he drops the team by 2 letter grades?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the guy who finished 4th in QBR this past year? Or the guy who finished 2nd in touchdowns? Or the guy 6th in completion percentage? 4th in yards? That guy? I understand he didn't have the best 2nd half but he did have a torn quad for most of that and an OL that was crumbling around him. So what do the Broncos do but then go get the guy known as one of the best OL minds in the league in Kubiak, then bring in 2 guys who have started in this league in FA, then draft 2 guys in the top-4 picks, and then work to now focus on becoming more of a run oriented team. So not sure how again Manning is such a liability that he drops the team by 2 letter grades?
the guy with the sub .500 post season career record.

dont worry, its the same guy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy with the sub .500 post season career record.

dont worry, its the same guy.

Oh you mean the guy that actually has the better quarterback rating in the playoffs yet because of inferior teammates around him doesn't have the winning record that Brady has?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you mean the guy that actually has the better quarterback rating in the playoffs yet because of inferior teammates around him doesn't have the winning record that Brady has?
no, the guy with the sub .500 post season record.

the guy who played with marshall faulk for a year, edgerrin james, reggie wayne, marvin harrison...and those thomas guys in denver.

those inferior guys?

thats like 4, maybe 5 HOFers.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFFFFAO

manning had inferior teammates

you cant make this shit up folks!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, the guy with the sub .500 post season record.

the guy who played with marshall faulk for a year, edgerrin james, reggie wayne, marvin harrison...and those thomas guys in denver.

those inferior guys?

thats like 4, maybe 5 HOFers.

I'm talking about the guy that has had terrible defenses forcing them to become one-dimensional. Look instead of us just going 3 pages fighting back and forth how about this time we just do the whole agree to disagree thing on this. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle of our arguments. I'm not saying Manning is completely innocent in his playoff record as he has had some terrible games. At the same time he has had some games where he stepped off the field with the lead just needing his defense to make one stop only to have them lay a big time stinker. Or that great moment when his coach decided to call a time out for no reason at all giving the Jets an extra play that lead to them kicking the game winning field goal when time should have expired.