• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Miller Amnestied

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Miller was waived today by the Miami Heat.

Probably very very very low chance the Warriors getting a shot at him, but could you imagine signing another shooter like him on the roster?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the minutes available.

1. Klay
  2. HB
  3. Iggy
  4. Bazemore
  5. Nedo
  6. Steph
  7. Douglas
  8. Machado
  9. Green

That's 9 players on the roster already who play the 1-3 spots for us, unless I'm missing someone else, where is Miller supposed to get playing time at? The 4?

When Miller was with the Grizz, I thought he was pretty valuable, a long time has passed since then.

I'll pass

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see the minutes available.

1. Klay
  2. HB
  3. Iggy
  4. Bazemore
  5. Nedo
  6. Steph
  7. Douglas
  8. Machado
  9. Green

That's 9 players on the roster already who play the 1-3 spots for us, unless I'm missing someone else, where is Miller supposed to get playing time at? The 4?

When Miller was with the Grizz, I thought he was pretty valuable, a long time has passed since then.

I'll pass

The reason that Golden State does not need him is that they have Steph, Klay, and Iggy for instant offense aand Barnes will be the guy off the bench to provide that when one of those three is not shooting well. If one guy is off, one of the other three picks up the slack. If two are off, there are still two wing players plus Lee and Bogut. Adding Miller does not give the Dubs anything they don't already have. Guys like Bazemore and Douglas, who are inferior players to Miller, have skillsets that Miller does not possess. They play better defense and move well off the ball.

shaffdogg76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? If the price is right.

Miller doesn't have to play much in the regular season at all. In the games that don't count as much Bazemore and Douglas can carry most of the load off the bench.

But come playoff time when Curry needs a rest I would much rather have Miller come in to the game to help facilitate and space the floor over someone like Douglas who lacks the big game experience.

I think that in a playoff game a line-up of Thompson, Iggy, Miller, Barnes, and Bogut/O'neal could be a solid group on both ends and on the boards against an opponents second unit.

hof_al

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? If the price is right.

Miller doesn't have to play much in the regular season at all. In the games that don't count as much Bazemore and Douglas can carry most of the load off the bench.

But come playoff time when Curry needs a rest I would much rather have Miller come in to the game to help facilitate and space the floor over someone like Douglas who lacks the big game experience.

I think that in a playoff game a line-up of Thompson, Iggy, Miller, Barnes, and Bogut/O'neal could be a solid group on both ends and on the boards against an opponents second unit.

What others are getting at and I agree, is that Miller doesn't add any value to the team. He doesn't offer anything that we don't already have. I hear what you're getting at but would you really want a guy who rarely plays in the regular season to come in and play big minutes in the playoffs? Yeah, Douglas lacks big game experience but that doesn't mean he's going to fail.

shaffdogg76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What others are getting at and I agree, is that Miller doesn't add any value to the team. He doesn't offer anything that we don't already have. I hear what you're getting at but would you really want a guy who rarely plays in the regular season to come in and play big minutes in the playoffs? Yeah, Douglas lacks big game experience but that doesn't mean he's going to fail.
I didn't realize the Ws have a floor spacing point forward with championship experience on the roster. My bad.

I think it's silly to suggest that a 3 and D quasi point guard like Toney Douglas whose meaningful game experience can probably be counted on one hand is a better option than Miller.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind a veteran like Miller who just finished a season in which he both barely played in the regular season and made huge contributions in the playoffs when called upon sitting on the bench waiting to get his number called. It's not something that would bother me at all.

hof_al

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize the Ws have a floor spacing point forward with championship experience on the roster. My bad.

I think it's silly to suggest that a 3 and D quasi point guard like Toney Douglas whose meaningful game experience can probably be counted on one hand is a better option than Miller.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind a veteran like Miller who just finished a season in which he both barely played in the regular season and made huge contributions in the playoffs when called upon sitting on the bench waiting to get his number called. It's not something that would bother me at all.

Come on bro, I was only saying that I don't think Douglas will be a detriment to the team like you do. I know Miller was lights out for three in the finals, but we have plenty of shooters that are fully capable of hitting long range shots. I'll even say that Iggy and Barnes are better options at playing point forward than Miller and they play better D. We need players that can move off the ball way better than Miller can, which was a problem in the playoffs. Yeah, Miller has championship experience along side of Lebron, Bosch and Wade, but how many playoff wins does that count for? Tons of critics said that the Nuggets would whoop us because of our lack of experience, but the W's beat them and was the only WC team to hand the Spurs a loss. From your posts, you act as though when Curry comes off the floor we are screwed, I'm just apllying we are not.

shaffdogg76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack, a solid vet, was on the floor when Curry wasn't this past season. There is a big difference between Jack and Douglas in terms of experience. And I like Douglas, he is nice fit, and would certainly be my top choice at the backup point for most situations and most match-ups.

But at the end of the day, adding an experienced mulch-faceted player like Miller at the cost of a veteran minimum salary and a roster spot is a no brainer.

If nothing else his experience and high bball IQ would be an asset to the team. Plus adding Miller to the Ws means he isn't spacing the floor for D12 in Houston or for Gasol and Z-Bo in Memphis.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Guys I would rather have taking the big shot in a playoff game other than Mike Miller:

1) Steph Curry
2) Klay Thompson
3) Andre Iguodala
4) Harrison Barnes
5) Draymond Green

If Mike Miller ever became that important to the Warriors that none of the 5 aforementioned players were available to take the shot, the Dubs are likely not in the playoffs anyway.

Might he help a little during the regular season? Sure. But Miller averaged 15 minutes per game with the Heat last season, so I highly doubt that he would accept 35-40 DNP-CDs on his name this year to play with Golden State. If he were to sign with the Dubs, that is exactly what he would be getting.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Cameron except for Draymond although he did hit some very clutch 3's last year in the playoffs.
Miller can't create his own shot or facilitate very well so I would pass big time.
Shaff you have to look at the whole package that was brought in. Its not only Tony Douglas, Iggy is going to play a big role as a facilitator and needs to be took into account.

shaffdogg76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I would rather have taking the big shot in a playoff game other than Mike Miller:

1) Steph Curry
2) Klay Thompson
3) Andre Iguodala
4) Harrison Barnes
5) Draymond Green

If Mike Miller ever became that important to the Warriors that none of the 5 aforementioned players were available to take the shot, the Dubs are likely not in the playoffs anyway.

Might he help a little during the regular season? Sure. But Miller averaged 15 minutes per game with the Heat last season, so I highly doubt that he would accept 35-40 DNP-CDs on his name this year to play with Golden State. If he were to sign with the Dubs, that is exactly what he would be getting.

Draymond? Seriously? Barnes or Iggy?

Have you always hated math or is this something new?

Mike Miller would be a vet minimum player so I am not sure why he needs to be important or become important. Or even why he needs to be needed, it's really not relevant. The opportunity cost is a roster spot to add a player who isn't going to mess the bed in a big playoff game.

Miller at the minimum is a good deal for the Warriors, unfortunately, he will get a better offer from Houston (situational, not financial). They have a better chance to make the NBA finals (on paper, right now) than the Warriors, especially if the Ws or another team don't step up and keep him out of Houston.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Miller would be a vet minimum player so I am not sure why he needs to be important or become important. Or even why he needs to be needed, it's really not relevant. The opportunity cost is a roster spot to add a player who isn't going to mess the bed in a big playoff game.

Miller at the minimum is a good deal for the Warriors, unfortunately, he will get a better offer from Houston (situational, not financial). They have a better chance to make the NBA finals (on paper, right now) than the Warriors, especially if the Ws or another team don't step up and keep him out of Houston.

Memphis or Ok City

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Maybe I overstated my position a little bit, but I just don't see Mike Miller as a fit in Golden State. They already have enough wings under contract and IMO don't need another right now. Especially one who would take shots that belong to Klay and Barnes and Curry and Iggy.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Miller's back is in bad shape, so there's an interesting little play that could be made.

Honestly, we wouldn't really need him in the regular season very much. He would be some insurance. Coming down the stretch of the season, and in the playoffs, it never hurts to have another guy with experience.

We could say something simple - "Mike, we'll sign you for the vet minimum, and we'll pay for your surgery and rehab. Our goal is to try to get you back by about February or say, bring you along slowly, and then we'll spot you in for the late season run and playoffs. No pressure to play during the first 50 games of the season. Get healthy. And who knows, if one of our other guys gets hurt, your role could grow a little bit."

That might be appealing to Miller...... He can largely dispense with the regular season, get himself healthy, and potentially be a cog for the playoffs. If we go after him, that's how I'd approach it if I'm Myers and crew.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need Miller. I think we have enough shooter on the current roster.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Woj says Dubs have an interest in the guy.

Not sure we need another bad back on the team. The last player we had with a bad back was Richard Hendrix?

hof_al

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Woj says Dubs have an interest in the guy.

Not sure we need another bad back on the team. The last player we had with a bad back was Richard Hendrix?

Doesn't really say they have interest in him, sounds more like speculation from Woj by saying the W's are possible suitors.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gswscribe: Warriors would like to add Mike Miller. But he would have to take the minimum. With the number of suitors he has, I'd say its unlikely

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really say they have interest in him, sounds more like speculation from Woj by saying the W's are possible suitors.

It depends on how you read the article I suppose, here's another article on csn, that says Woj's sources says the Dubs are "interested" in signing him.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a very bad back

MM reminds me that someone w/that bad a back should stop playing basketball and try his hand at cards, chess or maybe badminton. w/Igu, Barnes, Dray, Klay, Ws have plenty of 3s.