• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Mayock give Gilbert the back seat.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people like Mayock, some don't, but surely he knows more than we do. Going through some stuff, I came across Mayock's updated rankings of all the positions. The biggest moves were Manziel to #1 and Justin Gilbert to #3 on the CB list. Kyle Fuller takes over at #2 on the list with Dennard at one.

I like Gilbert the best, but I have to wonder what brought this on. Some of us would like Gilbert at ten. What do we think about this?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that there is no clear #1CB in the draft, and nobody that comes without flaws. Dennard and Gilbert both look like they COULD be serviceable #1 CBs, but I'd put them at 50-50 at best. Not to say we shouldn't do it if Barr, Mack, Clowney, Watkins, Matthews, and Robinson are all gone and nobody wants to trade up for a QB.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost nothing changes from the time the college season ends and the draft. Dennard has always been the top CB in this draft.

The Mayock's, the endless mock drafts, the experts, the articles, 24/7 NFL Network, moving guys up, moving guys down etc...etc...all that is just a business. Keep guys like us interested all year long. In the business world, we call this analysis paralysis.

Last year, some fans went back and forth for months trying to figure out what the Lions would do at 5. The Lions knew what they were doing at 5 the minute the Senior Bowl ended.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I was touting Fuller earlier in the year too. I think he has some serious upside. Not sure he is #2 though, but if he is there in the second round he would be worth a look for sure.

I think he is more potential then talent right now.

Surprised he made no mention of Jason Verrett. I know he is small but he looks like a potential Revis clone.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its yet to come, but I haven't heard any real praise for Dennard. I've seen more on Gilbert.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its yet to come, but I haven't heard any real praise for Dennard. I've seen more on Gilbert.

Agreed. Mayock is pretty much the only one with Dennard as the top CB in this class. I know we have a few State homers who probably think he is, too, but I think the consensus seems to be that his playing style won't translate well to the NFL...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys remember last year when guys like Mayock had the Lions taking Damontre Moore or Bjorn Werner at 5, then both slipped out of the 1st round...

Think about that and ask yourself, is that the NFL scouts and teams dropping these guys from potential top 5 picks to 2nd/3rd rounders or is it just clueless journalists?

I admit I got WAY swept away by the TMZ media with Wisenhunt. I bit that hook, line, and sinker because I wanted to believe it. Then reality hit and Wis never even looked in the Lions direction.

You can't fault the media for moving guys up, down, throwing out 18 versions of mocks etc...it's a business. But rarely does anything these guys say have any real correlation to what NFL teams are actually doing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Mayock is pretty much the only one with Dennard as the top CB in this class. I know we have a few State homers who probably think he is, too, but I think the consensus seems to be that his playing style won't translate well to the NFL...

Can someone ask TP if he can link this? I couldn't find the Dennard pro day stuff either. I have not heard this yet and would like to read more about it.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same guy who said he liked Sanchez better than Stafford and Mccoy better than Suh.

Wrong and wrong.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone ask TP if he can link this? I couldn't find the Dennard pro day stuff either. I have not heard this yet and would like to read more about it.
TP, this is in reference to his Skill set not translating to the NFL.