• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Evans

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its all rumors but when there is smoke, look for some fire...Watkins and Evans have been the 2 guys I have wanted the 49ers to get in this draft. I did not think it was possible and it still may not be, but I love what I'm hearing from Mort.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link plz bro?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Per Rotoworld

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on SportsCenter Friday that he's "heard more than twice" the 49ers could be "ready to do something big" in May's draft.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Rotoworld

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on SportsCenter Friday that he's "heard more than twice" the 49ers could be "ready to do something big" in May's draft.

More than twice! Wowie! If he heard only twice I wouldn't believe it, but more than twice?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jadavdeon Clowney!

Would probably cost our whole draft. You think he's worth that? I don't think so, not with how deep this draft is.

I get that it's easy to say our pass rush would be a QB's worst nightmare but supposedly we have a dominant Oline and its not like our offense is running roughshod over the whole league. It would help our D I'm sure but not enough to sacrifice an entire draft, IMO.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evans is my Draft crush. This guy is a beast. I would love to trade up to get him but think it would cost to much.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather trade up into the late teens early twenty's and try to land Beckham JR or Cooks since both those guys are faster and have KR/PR value as well. I cant go another season with LMJ returning kicks :gaah:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its all rumors but when there is smoke, look for some fire...Watkins and Evans have been the 2 guys I have wanted the 49ers to get in this draft. I did not think it was possible and it still may not be, but I love what I'm hearing from Mort.
I'm assuming this is coming from Mort from ESPN.Any other proof other than his dumb-ass comments? It really sucks that we have to wait for two more weeks to have the the draft. Thank you Dictator Goodell! :gaah:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Like I said in the other thread my guess is we would look to move into that 11-15 range. To move into the top 10 might be too rich for Baalke.

For comparisons sake for the Falcons and Browns trade was the 27th, 59th, 124th (1st, 2nd, and 4th rounders) and a 2012 1st and 4th.

And I don't see anyone being there in the 5-10 that we would pull the trigger on.

So I think we move into 11-15 range to draft a guy like Gilbert because the biggest glaring hole we have is a true #1 playmaking CB and it's been that way for years and I think an addition like that would make our defense a lot better.

As far as WR goes what we need is a T.Y. Hilton kind of player so I think the Baalke will look for that in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm assuming this is coming from Mort from ESPN.Any other proof other than his dumb-ass comments? It really sucks that we have to wait for two more weeks to have the the draft. Thank you Dictator Goodell! :gaah:

I haven't heard anyone else say it but it does make sense.

6 picks in the top 100 is more than we can use and the roster desperately needs impact not another #2 or #3 CB/WR.

So I would consider it a surprise if we didn't trade up and I think it's more of a question of how much is Baalke willing to jump up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would rather trade up into the late teens early twenty's and try to land Beckham JR or Cooks since both those guys are faster and have KR/PR value as well. I cant go another season with LMJ returning kicks :gaah:

LMJ is fine returning kick-offs, but fielding punts is another matter. granted most of his 'shakiness' on punts was in Candlestick, maybe with the new venue and a year of experience, he'll be better?

IMO the main function of a returner - by far - is ball security. I don't get bent out of shape if he doesn't get punt yards, or doesn't exceed the average kick-off return yards. so if we change to someone else, that is the main factor to look for....security.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Possibly pick Moncrief in the late 2nd or early 3rd if Niners are unable to get a WR in the 1st round.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! Mort really going out on a limb here. Any schmuck can see that we have plenty of ammo and common sense would say that 49ers will be making moves on draft day.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to move the draft up. Needs to be in April. This is too long of a wait.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to get Mike Evans but I don't see us trading up for a WR this year. If we did what happens to Patton and Lloyd? Why would we even get Lloyd if we have plans on trading up for a WR. I think the trade up will be for Justin Gilbert or Darqueze Dennard.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would love to get Mike Evans but I don't see us trading up for a WR this year. If we did what happens to Patton and Lloyd? Why would we even get Lloyd if we have plans on trading up for a WR. I think the trade up will be for Justin Gilbert or Darqueze Dennard.

We're basically taking a flyer on Lloyd.

If we draft a WR and he's a better option than Lloyd will simply just get cut. But a more likely scenario is Baldwin getting cut with Lloyd and a rookie getting some time rotating in.

Patton's problem is that he's another possession type of WR so his skill set is redundant with Crabs and Boldin in right now. I see Patton getting a bigger role in the future because Crabs might not be on the team next season and Boldin is only here for the next two.

And Crabs is another reason we could trade up for a WR this draft because just because it could be a much bigger need next season.

I do think we're more likely to trade up for Gilbert or Dennard because we need a #1 CB right now and the position group is thin on depth. But if those two are gone I could totally see a scenario where we trade up to grab a WR.