• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan offers Harbaugh 6 years/48 million

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is if I was Michigan, in no way would I want SF to know for sure I was trying to lure JH away. I would keep negotiations quiet until we had a deal or not.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came out on the radio this morning in an interview with a reporter the covers Michigan that this information was leaked by Harbaugh's people. If they are putting this out on purpose, what does it mean? To me if you are really contemplating taking this thing you probably aren't letting this leak right now.

More likely IMO that this is being used by his people to shop his price around the rest of the NFL. The asking price to even talk to him now is 8mil. Maybe it's leverage against the 9'ers organization. I'm sure those of you closer to this situation can think of other reasons. Just seems unlikely he is seriously looking at taking that job and then allows this to leak out.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came out on the radio this morning in an interview with a reporter the covers Michigan that this information was leaked by Harbaugh's people. If they are putting this out on purpose, what does it mean? To me if you are really contemplating taking this thing you probably aren't letting this leak right now.

More likely IMO that this is being used by his people to shop his price around the rest of the NFL. The asking price to even talk to him now is 8mil. Maybe it's leverage against the 9'ers organization. I'm sure those of you closer to this situation can think of other reasons. Just seems unlikely he is seriously looking at taking that job and then allows this to leak out.

If the leak really came from Harbaugh's end then yeah I would definitely say he's using it as leverage. Like you said to show his price to the NFL or don't bother calling and to tell the 49ers FO that he's got big money options and it show he does want to stay in the NFL. Because really if you can stay in the NFL what grown man wants to kiss the ass of 16-18 year old kids every year in recruiting :noidea:

I'm not sure what contract language Harbaugh has, but I wouldn't fire him. I think Harbaugh should do what's best for him, but if I'm the Owner/GM I look at this as the first shot across the bow.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My thought is if I was Michigan, in no way would I want SF to know for sure I was trying to lure JH away. I would keep negotiations quiet until we had a deal or not.

isn't this leak good for the Michigan AD/big boosters?

someone else leaked that the AD is trying hard to get the best HC out there. So he is appeasing his alumni, boosters, and all Wolverine fans.

BTW - when is the deal done, after a handshake, after he signs on the dotted line, other? Either way, i wouldn't remain quiet and wait for this to happen. Better to show you're being pro-active, get your 'crowd' behind you.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's tough to say no to. He first said no to Mich a couple of weeks ago but after this contract who knows. I think he can get a big contract in the NFL but to be the highest paid college coach(by 1.2 million) its tough to say no. He will either take the BIG pay day or chase a superbowl. With his ego I would think a superbowl is more important especially that his brother and Pete carrol has one.

We will find out soon.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't this leak good for the Michigan AD/big boosters?

someone else leaked that the AD is trying hard to get the best HC out there. So he is appeasing his alumni, boosters, and all Wolverine fans.

BTW - when is the deal done, after a handshake, after he signs on the dotted line, other? Either way, i wouldn't remain quiet and wait for this to happen. Better to show you're being pro-active, get your 'crowd' behind you.

The leak is way better for Harbaugh. It helps him establish a base line for what he is worth. The problem is by the time he can talk to other NFL teams Michigan may have already moved away from the offer. I still don't get why we don't just offer him around $36m for 5 years. If the problem is between him and Baalke then get rid of Baalke. I mean what have his drafts done for us lately? Much easier to find good front office people then top tier head coaches.

If the 49ers really want to get rid of Harbaugh though letting him take the Michigan job probably works well for both parties from a PR stand point, and at least as fans we don't have to watch him go to some stinkfest like the Raiders and turn them into a Super Bowl winner while we're back to 5 wins a year being a decent season.

Yeah I'm bitter as it's really hard finding much to love about my favorite team right now. Wish the BS drama would end and our front office would get their heads out of their ass and do the smart thing. They pulled it out long enough to go after Harbaugh a few years ago and look how that turned out, but here we are after a few successful years and it's jammed right back up there again. Who needs a good coach when we can just hire a motivational speaker for pennies on the dollar. I mean that's all a head coach does right? Motivate the players.

And now introducing your 2015 49ers Head Coach, Tim Tebow!!! 5 years for $4m. York and Baalke sell it as the greatest signing in franchise history and how the money saved on not signing Harbaugh will allow them to buy new parking garages for all of the fans who are no longer attending 49er games.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hearing he is going to reject it. He wants to stay in the NFL.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you were off on this one Purguy. I've always thought he would go back to his alma mater.

He'll probably be back in the NFL in 3-5 years. He'll rebuild Michigan, make 1 or 2 BCS tournaments, then bolt. Seems like he likes to move on every few years, just what he does. Like Larry Brown used to do in basketball.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably be back in the NFL in 3-5 years. He'll rebuild Michigan, make 1 or 2 BCS tournaments, then bolt. Seems like he likes to move on every few years, just what he does. Like Larry Brown used to do in basketball.

I would say at least 4 years. He would want to see how his recruits do. It's hard to gauge a coach's success the first two years since he's had only two seasons of recruiting.