• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Micheal Ford and Marquess Wilson

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two pleasant surprises for me tonight. Both of these guys really stood out amongst the second and third team guys.

I know Ford's playing versus backups, but he runs real tough and he's explosive. Apparently he's really fast too.

He's obviously not going to beat out Forte or Bush, and probably not even Allen. However, I'd really like to stick this guy on the practice squad, and see what unfolds.

Same with Wilson. McCown and Blanchard seemed to really like throwing to him, and he showed some real speed on that 58 yard catch and run.

He might knock Aromashodu out of a roster spot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is the steal of the draft. He will be a star. And no that is not based on a preseason game.

Sportsmen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is a solid player. He should make the team as the 4th WR, and at worst the 5th. However we are the bears and we dont always make the best personnel moves. God I hope that era is over.

Ford has potential, but I am not sure he will be better the Allen.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen has been fumbling in practice also ( something I've read). DeCamillas seems to like Ford. I can see him making the squad ahead of Allen.
@ Rich: I agree w/ both Wilson & Ford . But would also throw Anderson WR, Bostic & Green LBs in there w/ surprising debuts. Green especially. Just came in and made plays. The goal line stuff was impressive.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is a solid player. He should make the team as the 4th WR, and at worst the 5th. However we are the bears and we dont always make the best personnel moves. God I hope that era is over.

Ford has potential, but I am not sure he will be better the Allen.

Wilson will make a solid 5th or 6th behind, BM, Alshon, Bennett, Anderson, and I was watching a lot of Weems early (with the first team).

Allen didn't impress me at all.

However, a bunch of guys did, like our young LB's. Collins played real well. Long looked amazing on some plays, one in particular he stood the DT up and the guy didn't move for the entire play.

Sadly, Shea was not better... He looked no different than last year, given the fact both Wooten and Peppers where in street clothing, this doesn't bode well. In fact, Shea didn't look all that great vs. the second string either.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson will be a really good wr. It may take a few years before he fully becomes the factor he can be. Why? because for the first time we have legit top wrs already starting.

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone notice if trestman was coaching on the sidelines or just standing there with a confused look on his face? hope that era in bears football is over!!!!!!

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think wilson, given the chance, can be special. He showed a lot to me.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone notice if trestman was coaching on the sidelines or just standing there with a confused look on his face? hope that era in bears football is over!!!!!!

The O plays were getting in on time. He was calling them . Enough said.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry Earl Bennett's days as a football player are dwindling. Concussions are piling up.

That said, I think Wilson is the steal of the draft, and I'd love to see him stick. He has great hands, runs exceptional routes for his experience, and just seems to have that "it".

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry Earl Bennett's days as a football player are dwindling. Concussions are piling up.

That said, I think Wilson is the steal of the draft, and I'd love to see him stick. He has great hands, runs exceptional routes for his experience, and just seems to have that "it".

I like that he (Wilson) showed good hands & the potential for the big play. But can he block on running plays? Can he be effective on STs? He won't be the #3 WR, so he's going to have to show those things in the next 3 games. 4,5, & 6 Wrs usually have to earn a STs spot.
I like him too. Just hard to see him make the roster as a WR only. I hope he does.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with A Allen injured i think Ford should have a great chance at number 3 RB here.

C

cubzzzfanincali

How many concussions is this for Earl?

running bear828

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson looked very good at Bourbonnais. I even think he played better than Jefferys did last year. He will make a heck of a WR. Next year will be a battle between Jefferys and Wilson for the #2 spot when Wilson beefs up during the off season. I think Anderson will take Bennetts place because of injuries, even though I like Bennett. Remember with the new regime they don't have the emotional ties to Bennett that we do. Tolliver looked like good PS material. This WR group shows more potential than last years. Should be a good season if Cutler can (and I believe) will throw to someone other than Marshall.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson looked very good at Bourbonnais. I even think he played better than Jefferys did last year. He will make a heck of a WR. Next year will be a battle between Jefferys and Wilson for the #2 spot when Wilson beefs up during the off season. I think Anderson will take Bennetts place because of injuries, even though I like Bennett. Remember with the new regime they don't have the emotional ties to Bennett that we do. Tolliver looked like good PS material. This WR group shows more potential than last years. Should be a good season if Cutler can (and I believe) will throw to someone other than Marshall.

Hey BAD, still like that name. I watched both games 2xs. Usually follow the ball the first time. But concentrate on the O-line & new players on D the 2nd.
Haven't noticed who's filling in for Bennet in the slot. Anderson? Especially when Jay hasn't targeted that position.

running bear828

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 63bears40 I think Anderson was out with a shoulder injury. He might have lost some steam from earlier in Bourbonnais. I don't know. I thought I saw him working with the third string toward the end of the game last week but am not sure. Who knows, he might have fallen from grace with the emergence of Wilson. We shall find out Friday night. I think Anderson's injury is better and will play Friday. As you know I really like Anderson, but Wilson is looking very good. Maybe I should go back to Badmamajama eh?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many concussions is this for Earl?

I wish I knew for sure. I know he had one last year against Seattle, and I'm pretty sure he's a had at least one other in the NFL at least.

He could have a great season if Jeffrey steps up, and of course, if he can stay healthy.

And I would like to see Ford, over Allen, personally.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 63bears40 I think Anderson was out with a shoulder injury. He might have lost some steam from earlier in Bourbonnais. I don't know. I thought I saw him working with the third string toward the end of the game last week but am not sure. Who knows, he might have fallen from grace with the emergence of Wilson. We shall find out Friday night. I think Anderson's injury is better and will play Friday. As you know I really like Anderson, but Wilson is looking very good. Maybe I should go back to Badmamajama eh?

Now I got to go back and watch the 2nd game again. :lol: I haven't read or heard anything about Joe being hurt.
Liked that they worked on the running game ( which looked pretty good, Matt wasn't getting consistently hit 3 yrds behind the line).
I'm old school , you'll always be badmamajama too me. Us old farts have a weird thought process. But whatever works for you, go with.

Last edited by a moderator:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I knew for sure. I know he had one last year against Seattle, and I'm pretty sure he's a had at least one other in the NFL at least.

He could have a great season if Jeffrey steps up, and of course, if he can stay healthy.

And I would like to see Ford, over Allen, personally.

I think that's beoming a reality. I like Ford also, apparenty so does Decamillas. And STs is were he'll have to make his mark. I think he's off to a great start.

As for Bennet, don't know the severity. But he was concussed last yr also . Like you stated. I believe it was Conte who caused this years injury. Just think the guys a cheap shot type of guy ( I won't call him an artist, simply because he isn't very good at it). Just think his teamates should castrate the bastard.
As for Bennet, I hope he doesn't have to leave the game Like Hillenmeyer did.