• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Young

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see them sign him, too, but the problem is the pickings are slim in the FA market and it could possibly turn into a bidding war for his services. If somebody pays ace type money for a #2, I hope it's not us.
There's always the possibilty of a trade if he walks.

He's our #1 and if we re-sign him he'll still be the #1, followed by Holland, Ogando & Harrison with possibly Feldman & Lewis battling for the 5th spot or the Rangers following thru on the Yu Darvish rumors. from the rumors i'm seeing Washington, the New York Mets & Baltimore are teams looking at him as a #1 and that's just in 5 minutes of looking and those reports were written in the last few days. you don't think he's a #1 based on his post-season while they are looking at his performance over these last 2 regular seasons

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what baseball people are referring to him as a #2 or #3? i was just on several baseball sites and they are still calling him the #2 free agent pitcher. Can you direct me to any creditable site that says different? if you are going to base it all on playoff performance, then i assume that you wouldn't be interested in a starting pitcher whose 2011 post-season stats show 8.2 innings pitched, 10 hits allowed, 6 ER's, ERA of 6.23 and an allowed batting average of .323 either.

It was a couple of guys on the MLB channel who were discusssing him night before last. Regardless, do you need to read someting on a site to tell you something that your eyes and commons sense should tell you. Of the two teams we just beat, CJ is not a staff ace on either team and you could make an arguement that he would have a hard time being a #2. And he wouldn't be an ace in on the Yankees. Sure not on either LA teams or SF or Seattle, not that he would go there.
This is just my personal opinion, but I don't care about players who can win the West but not perform in the playoffs. We saw enough of that in the 90's.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's our #1 and if we re-sign him he'll still be the #1, followed by Holland, Ogando & Harrison with possibly Feldman & Lewis battling for the 5th spot or the Rangers following thru on the Yu Darvish rumors. from the rumors i'm seeing Washington, the New York Mets & Baltimore are teams looking at him as a #1 and that's just in 5 minutes of looking and those reports were written in the last few days. you don't think he's a #1 based on his post-season while they are looking at his performance over these last 2 regular seasons

Rumors and reports don't mean jack right now. Besides, the Mets are in financial trouble and that's why I didn't mention them.
Let's be clear. I hope CJ comes back. Playoffs aside, I don't think he's a staff ace and I hope they don't pay him as an ace. Although he's not my favorite player, I'm glad MY plays for us and that they didn't trade him ( I never thought they would or could) and I hope he has a great WS.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors and reports don't mean jack right now. Besides, the Mets are in financial trouble and that's why I didn't mention them.
Let's be clear. I hope CJ comes back. Playoffs aside, I don't think he's a staff ace and I hope they don't pay him as an ace. Although he's not my favorite player, I'm glad MY plays for us and that they didn't trade him ( I never thought they would or could) and I hope he has a great WS.

okay, that clears things up.