• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Young should be MVP

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How could Young not win it? There isn't anyone close to being as valuable to his team than Young. How can you not vote for a guy who has played 3rd,2nd,1st, DH and hit almost .340, drive in over 100 runs, score almost 90 runs and have an OBP of close to .400?

In my opinion Young should win it hands down. We would not have won the west without Young having a year like he had.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where would the Tigers be without Verlander or Cabrera

The Yankees without Cano, Granderson, or CC

The BoSox without Ellsbury or Gonzalez

The same case can be made for several players

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How many of those players you named play 3 different positions plus DH? How valuable was Young being able to play 3rd when AB went down, playing second when Ian needed a day off or being able to learn a new position in first base? None of those guys did what Young did this year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those players you named play 3 different positions plus DH? How valuable was Young being able to play 3rd when AB went down, playing second when Ian needed a day off or being able to learn a new position in first base? None of those guys did what Young did this year.

Just stating that any number of players have a good case, the multiple positions claim I think is a bit overplayed, yeah he played them but he wasn't exactly a gold glover anywhere

robhea67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think granderson will win it. He strikes out alot but his runs scored rbis and homeruns are unreal. What a great year for Mike i bet he finishes in the top 4 in the voting. Just imagine if nellie,beltre and hambone were healthy all year.All three of those guys would have been in the running for mvp.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mike is MVP over everybody except Verlander. His numbers are there, and he carried the team the entire season while Hamilton Cruz and beltre all missed games. He never really went through a slump either. I don't think the rangers make the playoffs without him. The Yankees still make it without granderson or without cano.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mike is MVP over everybody except Verlander. His numbers are there, and he carried the team the entire season while Hamilton Cruz and beltre all missed games. He never really went through a slump either. I don't think the rangers make the playoffs without him. The Yankees still make it without granderson or without cano.

Agreed that New York & Boston could win without either of their stars and with Detroit's pitching & hitting Detroit could have still won without Verlander, but MY carried this team

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that New York & Boston could win without either of their stars and with Detroit's pitching & hitting Detroit could have still won without Verlander, but MY carried this team

They may have had a winning record, but without Verlander (24-5) Detroit is watching Texas play Boston on TV.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may have had a winning record, but without Verlander (24-5) Detroit is watching Texas play Boston on TV.

they're only 12 up with him. if they didn't have him they would have used someone else or a multiple of pitchers that could have produced enough wins. without Young there to offensively & defensively fill the holes created by the injuries we went thru we would have finished at least 10 games behind LA

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A-Gon has the power numbers, as does Granderson. Young would have a much better shot if he did the same thing for an East Coast team.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston is hanging on by a thread, without Gonzalez this year they are WAY out of it

Argument doesn't hold much weight

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many things to consider. I definitely think Young deserves to be in the discussion. Wish he'd have picked that batting average up a bit more since he doesn't have the power numbers the other guys have. I guess I am going to have to account for park factors and all so I am going to go this route:

1. Verlander
2. Cabrera
3. Young
4. Gonzalez
5. Granderson

Would have Gonzalez #1 but his slump coincided with Boston's great fall this September. I am penalizing Verlander for pitching in an extreme pitchers park, Young for hitting in our park, and Granderson for hitting in that unholy band box in NY. Gonzalez also gets some favorable park factors but what are you going to do. Cabrera is the only one here who doesn't get an assist from his home park. What these 5 guys have done this season is mighty impressive.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CC is more important to the Yankees than Granderson, he's carried that staff this year (along with Nova), even moreso than Verlander has carried the Tigers staff, while doing it in a hitters park

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're only 12 up with him. if they didn't have him they would have used someone else or a multiple of pitchers that could have produced enough wins. without Young there to offensively & defensively fill the holes created by the injuries we went thru we would have finished at least 10 games behind LA

You're just picking numbers and assumptions out of hat. MY had a solid year and will get MVP consideration, but there is no way of assessing that he carried this team or that he prevented them from being 10 games out of 1st.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young is no doubt the Rangers' MVP. But Cabrera likely takes it for the AL.

I think voting goes:
Cabrera
Granderson
Ellsbury
Verlander
Gonzalez
Young

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just sick that Cabrera has bypassed Young in the batting title race.