• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Sam unclaimed

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Sams NFL career may already be over. Michael Sam clears waivers, NFL career could be over before it began - NY Daily News

Maybe the competition beating him out isn't all that good after all. Hell the way Sam was portrayed in the media one would have thought he's good enough to make at least half the NFL rosters, maybe even start on a few.

I watched two games of the Rams in preseason and he seemed to be all over the place just like Westbrook. I have always heard if you have a knack for getting to the QB you will have a job in the NFL. It wasnt just his sacks but the hurries, TFLs- everything suggested a strong motor. Im not saying he looked like the next Strahan or even Greg Ellis, but the guy looked like he belonged.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched two games of the Rams in preseason and he seemed to be all over the place just like Westbrook. I have always heard if you have a knack for getting to the QB you will have a job in the NFL. It wasnt just his sacks but the hurries, TFLs- everything suggested a strong motor. Im not saying he looked like the next Strahan or even Greg Ellis, but the guy looked like he belonged.

I think he would be on somones practice squad if he was straight. I never thought he would make the Rams as they are loaded on the defensive line. I can see teams avoiding the distractions he would cause. Not to change the subject, but I was looking at the Detroit Lions roster last night. I became somewhat jealous when I compare their front seven to ours. Not a good sign as the Lions are not known as a defensive team. Then it dawned on me that we are in serious trouble on defense. It is as bad as it seems.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Sams NFL career may already be over. Michael Sam clears waivers, NFL career could be over before it began - NY Daily News

Maybe the competition beating him out isn't all that good after all. Hell the way Sam was portrayed in the media one would have thought he's good enough to make at least half the NFL rosters, maybe even start on a few.

I agree. The way the press was hyping him, you would have thought he was a lock for someone's 53 as a situational pass rusher. Instead, he can't even make the expanded practice squad of the team that drafted him? Lots of questions surrounding that situation, in large part due to the press.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to play devil's advocate.

Maybe he has many offers to go to a practice squad & he is weighing his options.
Maybe that is why he isn't signed yet :noidea:

I am willing to bet he lands on someones PS soon.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to play devil's advocate.

Maybe he has many offers to go to a practice squad & he is weighing his options.
Maybe that is why he isn't signed yet :noidea:

I am willing to bet he lands on someones PS soon.

FYI, all PS players are essentially free agents. Only caveat is when a PS player is signed by another team he must be signed to said teams active roster and will count against the cap for a minimum of 3 weeks. So Sam waiting for better offers makes no sense.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, all PS players are essentially free agents. Only caveat is when a PS player is signed by another team he must be signed to said teams active roster and will count against the cap for a minimum of 3 weeks. So Sam waiting for better offers makes no sense.

well he is definitely a system player. So if he is gonna improve it would be important to go to a team that can utilize him properly. Otherwise he will look like crap & his career is over.

So if more than one team offer him a spot on the PS. I would choose carefully.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he is definitely a system player. So if he is gonna improve it would be important to go to a team that can utilize him properly. Otherwise he will look like crap & his career is over.

So you think he would decide not to take $6,000 per week and the opportunity to practice with a team to show what he can bring just in case another team who has already passed on him just might come in with a better offer?

I got nothing.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think he would decide not to take $6,000 per week and the opportunity to practice with a team to show what he can bring just in case another team who has already passed on him just might come in with a better offer?

I got nothing.

No I wouldn't wait to long. Not saying to wait for another offer either. Jus throwing out there if he had/has more than one offer he might not rush his decision. waiting an extra day wouldn't hurt anything.

BTW I really don't care, just throwing out a different perspective. What you are saying makes perfect sense to me. but until everyones practice squads are filled, I wont be surprised to see him land on one.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe he is, Manster....Retro, didn't you say on the Rams site that Westbrooks has played as well as Donald has this preseason?

Yea I did and Westbrooks has been playing lights-out. Westbrooks was getting alot of reps with the ones. Sam was always playing with the threes and fours so his play looked good. I watched him against Green Bay and Sam didn't handle the double team at all. According to Jeff Fisher, Westbrooks was ahead of Sam and the Rams felt Sam was not up to their standards on the D-line.

I thought he was headed to the PS but even the Rams said no. I think the guy is pretty much done in St Louis. He may end up on somebody else's PS or even the CFL but right now, no one has made that call. So for now, he is going to be sitting at home.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks right now like the only team interested in him is Montreal

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got nothing.

The Montreal Alouettes own free agent DE Michael Sam's CFL rights.

The Alouettes have contacted Sam about taking his talents north of the border. To this point, Sam isn't interested in playing in the CFL. He remains committed to finding a job either on an NFL 53-man roster or practice squad.

So it sounds like your right. Doesn't seem he has any offers yet.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He certainly isn't a FT fit in all sytems (if any), but I don't think he is as much a system player as he is a specialty player. I think he can play in nickel packages in any defense for a team that needs another pass rusher in the rotation. I don't think he will ever be a great pass rusher, but he does have some ability and could certainly help the week 1 Dallas Cowboys in this area. With guys like Spencer and Lawrence eventually back in the mix his value goes away.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Montreal Alouettes own free agent DE Michael Sam's CFL rights.

The Alouettes have contacted Sam about taking his talents north of the border. To this point, Sam isn't interested in playing in the CFL. He remains committed to finding a job either on an NFL 53-man roster or practice squad.

So it sounds like your right. Doesn't seem he has any offers yet.

Most players don't mull over offers for too long to be on a practice squad. These teams want to fill out the PS roster and start practicing and aren't going to wait for you. So you need to make your decision pretty quickly. Plus, if a team offers him a roster spot he can just leave the PS he is on with no penalty. I think we can safely say at this point that no one has offered him a spot on the 53 man roster yet or he would have jumped on it and at this point it sure doesn't look like any PS offers were made either.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Sam's media hype will hurt him more than it helped.

Typical media Monster pull u in grind u up and throw you to the side n move on

Sam might want to learn the words to Oh Canada

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. He could help as a stuatuonal pass rusher and would generate lots of media attention. Jerrah probably salivating

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its true- if he passes physical he will be signed to the Psquad.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how this move can hurt. Talent wise he is what he is, a marginal NFL player. If Spencer or Lawrence have a set back or if somebody else gets hurt we need somebody that can play, not some scrub off the street.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to get my Michael Sam jersey.