• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami should not have drafted Tua

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzpatrick may be inconsistent but I don't believe Tua will ever have his upside...
Fitzpatrick was the #250 pick in Round 7 of the 2005 Draft. After 15 years he has 1 winning season as a starting QB. His won/lost record, (unfair in a team sport, but after 15 years it's a reasonable indicator), is 55-83-1. His NFL career passer rating is a paltry 81.6.

Tagovailoa is a consensus Round 1 top 16 pick. How can Tagolaivoa NOT have Fitzpatrick's upside?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzpatrick was the #250 pick in Round 7 of the 2005 Draft. After 15 years he has 1 winning season as a starting QB. His won/lost record, (unfair in a team sport, but after 15 years it's a reasonable indicator), is 55-83-1. His NFL career passer rating is a paltry 81.6.

Tagovailoa is a consensus Round 1 top 16 pick. How can Tagolaivoa NOT have Fitzpatrick's upside?
Like Jimmy G, hes just learning

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with sitting Tua all season. We're paying Fitz 8M. He can take the hits behind our young OL.

Well...I get that...but I'd hate to lose the entire season (only have him for 5 w/option)...assuming health and sometime w/ NFL trainers etc. I would like to see him play 4 or 5 games this season to set the table for '21.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I get that...but I'd hate to lose the entire season (only have him for 5 w/option)...assuming health and sometime w/ NFL trainers etc. I would like to see him play 4 or 5 games this season to set the table for '21.
That's always a tough decision for an organization, imo. It's good to actually see what these kids can or can't do in real games so the staff can plan better for the following year but if the team around him is really bad, the kid can get hurt or not show his potential as well as he can like Jackson did or JimmyG did. Fwiw, I agree with you in that if it's my team, I want to see what the kid is made of and give him the experience.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's always a tough decision for an organization, imo. It's good to actually see what these kids can or can't do in real games so the staff can plan better for the following year but if the team around him is really bad, the kid can get hurt or not show his potential as well as he can like Jackson did or JimmyG did. Fwiw, I agree with you in that if it's my team, I want to see what the kid is made of and give him the experience.

If the OL is just godawful and Fitz has been taking a beating most of the season...the decision is much easier just to let him sit the year and work on the OL during the offseason.

Anything short of that...I'd play him some games this yr.

BAL...kind of unique situation there...they weren't really that loaded on OFC...solid OL has always been a staple for the Ravens...Jackson was just so good at what he does that the rest of the OFC weapons were mostly in support roles.

SF...Jimmy J is a much better example...they quietly built up of the talent via the draft and needed a triggerman that basically would not lose games...MIA is not close enough to use that model. Tua is gonna have to be the catalyst in MIA I think.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fitz will start the 1st half the season ideally. (a little more or less) Depending on success & pressure from fans, media ensech.
That gives Tua time to learn & heal (if this is a factor) & gives the dolphins medical staff weekly evaluations of where they think Tua is at. Since we are in the covd era no one from the dolphins have any kind of in depth evaluation of tua's health.

Then in the 2nd half of the season barring they are in the playoff hunt. They switch to Tua so he can get some game time experience for the following season. Giving him 4 to 8 games behind center before 2021.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzpatrick may be inconsistent but I don't believe Tua will ever have his upside. Also, I saw Fitzpatrick finally do something no previous QB had done....establish chemistry with Devante Parker. Tua and Parker I don't see having chemistry at all. It took Fitz to finally get Parker to step up and be the number one receiver, and that's likely to be undone. Even if Fitz starts, he's now under the microscope. Every bad game he has and the fans are going to be crying for Tua. Miami had a good offseason addressing the defense but offense will set them back. Tua isn't an NFL QB.
You are wrong about 90% of the time.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go fuck yourself twit, nobody is following you. I'm enjoying reading that you think one thing on one thread....then totally contradicksuck yourself in another thread.

You've been responding to quite a bit of my posts lately when I have never even seen a single response from you before.

Someone please force this man to take statistics classes.

I already took statistics.

Fitzpatrick is going to be 38 this year. Tua probably won't see the field at all this season. Are you guesting they build around Fitzpatrick long term?

This is what I am saying....Fitz starts and he'll likely struggle with that schedule. All of their hardest games are in the first half. It's the second half where things get better. However, the fans won't be patient and will be chanting Tua after they lose to Jacksonville. Media will be on their backs as well. But Tua to me is not the answer.

OP acts like the Dolphins are SB contender with Fitzpatrick. Good grief. They’ll probably go 6-10 while playing better football than they did last year.

Tua should get a chance when he is healthy and good to go.

I had the Dolphins with Fitz contending for their usual 7-9 record. But if Fitz is pulled, Tua is going to lose a game Fitz could win. I could see Tua losing otherwise winnable games against the Rams, Bengals, and Raiders.

Personally, I see Miami beating Bills once, Pats once, Jets once, Chargers, Raiders, and Bengals if nothing crazy happens. They could beat the Rams but it's a very unpredictable matchup.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I am saying....Fitz starts and he'll likely struggle with that schedule. All of their hardest games are in the first half. It's the second half where things get better. However, the fans won't be patient and will be chanting Tua after they lose to Jacksonville. Media will be on their backs as well. But Tua to me is not the answer.

The answer for what? They aren't competing for anything this season. They are in the midst of a complete rebuild. I don't think Tua plays at all this year but if he does play towards the end of the year it isn't hurting the Dolphins. Better draft position likely helps them more than anything moving forward.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has happened to @Brees#1? I miss his predictions and stats of the week.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would of been better to wait until Tua played a game or two. He was right about the Dolphins pulling the rug out from underneath Fitz.
he was, was more drumming up the numerous other wrong responses. Not the OP's call, he wasnt totally wrong

What has happened to @Brees#1? I miss his predictions and stats of the week.
other site, i think.