• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami @ New England 9/13/2020

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8) AFC East
Tom Brady's exit from New England and the upward trajectory of other teams introduces more uncertainty to this division than we've become accustomed to, but the Patriots remain the cream of the crop until proven otherwise. That said, New England is more vulnerable than it has been at any point since Bill Belichick and Tom Brady won that first ring in February of 2002. The Bills are shaping up to be a potential playoff team, for sure; how far they go will depend on QB Josh Allen's development in Year 3. Preseason injuries at receiver and the departures of C.J. Mosley (COVID-19 opt out) and Jamal Adams (trade) don't bode well for the Jets -- but let's not forget Sam Darnold has all the earmarks of a true franchise QB, while Adam Gase and Gregg Williams are outstanding play-callers. The Dolphins are in Year 2 of a rebuild that will ideally see them take off in 2021 behind Tua Tagovailoa at QB -- their future is a lot brighter than it was at this time last year, when some predicted Miami might not win a game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"
SOUTH BEACH SHUFFLE

Despite the excitement over Tagovailoa, it appears veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick will start the season under center while the rookie continues to get up to speed after a not-so-great camp. The offensive line is also a factor, as three rookies - first-round pick Austin Jackson at left tackle, second-rounder Robert Hunt at right tackle, and fourth-rounder Solomon Kindley at right guard - could start.

''We have to get all three of them up to speed pretty quickly to do that,'' coach Brian Flores said. ''But look, if they're (among) the five most talented players (on the line) and that gives us to have some success, then we would have to do that.''

PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH

Patriots, Bills, Jets, Dolphins.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"
SOUTH BEACH SHUFFLE

Despite the excitement over Tagovailoa, it appears veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick will start the season under center while the rookie continues to get up to speed after a not-so-great camp. The offensive line is also a factor, as three rookies - first-round pick Austin Jackson at left tackle, second-rounder Robert Hunt at right tackle, and fourth-rounder Solomon Kindley at right guard - could start.

''We have to get all three of them up to speed pretty quickly to do that,'' coach Brian Flores said. ''But look, if they're (among) the five most talented players (on the line) and that gives us to have some success, then we would have to do that.''

PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH

Patriots, Bills, Jets, Dolphins.
Patriots, Bills, Dolphins, Jets.

i see both the phins and jets with4/5 wins and they likely steal a game or two so 6 win teams...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without any preseason games I think it'll be a little closer with the Pats winning. 24-21

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to break this to Miami fans but the division will be either NE or Buffalo leaving Miami and the NY Props fighting for 3rd.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth:Peter King has picked the Dolphins to win the AFCE and be the 4th-seed.

I am sure this will get quite a few of you excited. I know how some of you like to get on the bandwagon of anyone who will say only positive things about the team rather than constructive criticism.

And, I will say, the Dolphins are capable of having a good season -- as long as Fitzpatrick can play 16-games and every snap.

I have seen quite a few pick NE and some are still picking Buffalo. I think there's a drunk under the bridge that has the Jets.

Who knows what will happen this year. I remain optimistic but.....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen quite a few pick NE and some are still picking Buffalo. I think there's a drunk under the bridge that has the Jets.

Who knows what will happen this year. I remain optimistic but.....
Vegas is not being kind.... I was checking odds

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"All Dolphins players have practice fully to this point - will have to see the final injury report to see who will and won't be active for the first game." @Paolo305613

Both sides of the football saw players limited in their practice work on Wednesday for Miami. On offense, tight end Mike Gesick was limited with a glute injury, while wide receivers DeVante Parker (hamstring) and Preston Williams (knee) also missed at least some part of the practice. On the defense cornerbacks Xavien Howard (knee) and Byron Jones (Achilles) and linebacker Kyle Van Noy (hand) were all limited.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"All Dolphins players have practice fully to this point - will have to see the final injury report to see who will and won't be active for the first game." @Paolo305613

Both sides of the football saw players limited in their practice work on Wednesday for Miami. On offense, tight end Mike Gesick was limited with a glute injury, while wide receivers DeVante Parker (hamstring) and Preston Williams (knee) also missed at least some part of the practice. On the defense cornerbacks Xavien Howard (knee) and Byron Jones (Achilles) and linebacker Kyle Van Noy (hand) were all limited.
Good info! Thanks!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Patriots are going to be very thin at wide receiver. I have no idea what the game plan will look like.
I suspect this game will come down to halftime adjustments.....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Patriots are going to be very thin at wide receiver. I have no idea what the game plan will look like.
Isn’t devante parker banged up? What’s the word on Sony Michel?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is going to be very surprised at the game plan. Heavy on the run for the Patriots early and if they're successful, they'll throw short. Cam is not an accurate passer and Josh will not let him air it out. The difference will be the QB Draw. Cam will drop back and the middle will open and he'll take off. Bringing down a 6'4" 255 lbs beast ain't gonna be easy.

It's going to be close but no loopy laterals or Miami Miracles in Foxboro.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is going to be very surprised at the game plan. Heavy on the run for the Patriots early and if they're successful, they'll throw short. Cam is not an accurate passer and Josh will not let him air it out. The difference will be the QB Draw. Cam will drop back and the middle will open and he'll take off. Bringing down a 6'4" 255 lbs beast ain't gonna be easy.

It's going to be close but no loopy laterals or Miami Miracles in Foxboro.

I would prefer they save the QB draws until Stidham has a couple more practices.....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman doesn't look 100% to me

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the addition of Newton actually light a fire under Michel? So far (too early I know) it seems like Michel is running mad and ffalling orward instead of last year getting knocked backwards