• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami @ New England 9/13/2020

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Rivals kick off the season.
No preseason. Haven't seen either team play a down.
Should be very interesting.....

Is Fitz going to start?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely will be Fitz starting. He already has a lot of familiarity with the players and the offensive system.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pumped up for the start of this season. I think the Fins will make some noise in the East this year. Think they pull this one out to be honest...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, the Fins are capable of winning the game as long as they play well. I think the Fins will win.

Fitz has more experience with the Fins offense than Cam has with the Pats. I think that could be a big factor. Also, in the last game the Fins covered Edelman well. The secondary and pass rush will be much better in this game. Cam will not see a lot of open receivers. Also, the Fins added FAs and drafted to be able to defend the run game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats 24 Dolphins 17

The Patriots offense may actually be improved now that the QB can move out of the pocket by design rather than panic. The defense won't lose a step especially in the secondary.

The Dolphins will be better but not that much.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ken, I think the Pats offense will be different. I think it's uncertain at best that they will be better. They could have improved at TE through the draft but the Fins have also improved in coverage and with the pass rush.

How exactly did the Pats defense get better? The three best pass rushers from last year aren't playing; Collins, Van Noy, and Hightower. That could put more pressure on the secondary. That could be a problem. A greater problem could be trying to stop the Fins running game. Remember the Baltimore oline from last year that's what the Fins could become. These guys are big and physical. Also, J Howard and Breida are now on the Fins roster.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats 24 Dolphins 17

The Patriots offense may actually be improved now that the QB can move out of the pocket by design rather than panic. The defense won't lose a step especially in the secondary.

The Dolphins will be better but not that much.
You do realize 1/2 the Patriots secondary opted out this season right?
And when was the last time Brady “panicked” in the pocket? My how quickly Pats fans turn on the GOAT.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize 1/2 the Patriots secondary opted out this season right?
And when was the last time Brady “panicked” in the pocket? My how quickly Pats fans turn on the GOAT.

Patrick Chung is half of the secondary??

CB are still Gilmore (NFL DPOY) Jason McCourty and Safties are Devin McCourty and Adrian Phillips with J. Jones in the slot. 1 of 5 is 20% not 50%.

Your level of education is pathetic. Note that I said "move out of the pocket by design and not panic." I never said anything about Brady being panicked in the pocket. I never belittled Brady.

My nine year grandson has better literary comprehension than you do.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly did the Pats defense get better? The three best pass rushers from last year aren't playing; Collins, Van Noy, and Hightower. That could put more pressure on the secondary. That could be a problem. A greater problem could be trying to stop the Fins running game. Remember the Baltimore oline from last year that's what the Fins could become. These guys are big and physical. Also, J Howard and Breida are now on the Fins roster.

Patriots were one of the best defenses in the NFL against the run in 2019 and number one against the pass. The secondary allowed the front seven to get their sacks because the QB couldn't find an open receiver. The DL is the same rotational front five and the linebackers will be mush faster off the edge.

Note you said that the Phins OL "COULD BECOME" and not 'are'.
J Howard and Breida are now on the Fins roster, but haven't done a thing.

The Dolphins have more could be, might be, ifs,than the Patriots.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We watched your best CB get lit up like a Christmas tree by Parker and Fitz in a game that your team needed at the end of the season. Williams will also play in week 1. Remember Gesicki's game winning TD catch by Fitz. I think the Pats will struggle to cover these guys. Also, I watched the Pat's dline get manhandled by the Ravens and Tennessee last year in the run game. The Fins have capable players.

RE Cam: He may run more than Brady but he also throws a lot more INTs. He's a very different QB than Brady and it's not all good.

Let's see what happens before you keep making predictions, Nostradamus.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots defense looks stellar. I have very few concerns.

The offense, on the other hand, does not look or feel ready. I have no clue.

You have a week.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosters are to be set by tomorrow, Saturday, at 4 PM eastern.

The Dolphins have already made their first of what might be -- costly mistakes this season. They have cut Josh Rosen for no reason whatsoever after they attempted to trade him -- again, for no reason.

Fitzpatrick has been away due to a death in the family -- it is unknown if he will return for Week 1 -- or if he will even decide to continue playing at all this season. The Dolphins essentially only have damaged goods, overrated Tua at QB right now(Jake Rudock recently got another workout with the team and may be signed depending on how the roster evolves as roster is finalized. Tua will prove to be a mistake the moment he is sent out there to play in a real game. I don't want to hear about his performance during the off-season -- everyone performs that well when you aren't facing a real opponent and doing it in a non-meaningful game atmosphere. Everyone will come to the harsh realization I have been trying to tell you about this bum when he is out there on the field in a real game. He will either get hurt immediately given how fragile and soft he is -- or he will simply stink it up.

Shaq Calhoun another surprise cut -- thought he would get another year at least to get a look at.

Of note: For this season, teams can carry 16 players on their practice squad as opposed to the 10 in previous seasons. Lets see how that takes shape over the next few hours.

I'm suddenly feeling a lot better about the Patriotys 1st game. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam goes ham.... you see what I did there....

revamped pats offense......

watch out....

pats 31 phins 17

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what happens with white and Edelman with cam

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A week of speculation from biased fans.....welcome to Patriots vs Fins week. Were you guys predicting a Fins win in Gillette last year?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it’s a blowout does tua mop up ?

They went big on Tua and everything I seen said that he's not ready yet. No one will say exactly why but the indications are that he's not 100% recovered from his injuries of two years ago. WTF?