• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat October/November Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo reporting Heat about to send Mario Chalmers and James Ennis to Grizzlies for Udrih and Jarnell Stokes.

A Chalmers/Ennis deal would start the Heat toward getting below the tax, with Birdman likely/possible next in the equation.

A Chalmers deal could signal Birdman is next.

With impending trade of Chalmers, only Wade, Bosh, Birdman and Haslem remain from last Heat title team, in 2013.

Jarnell Stokes is a former college teammate of Heat guard Josh Richardson at Tennessee. He has a build, game similar to Udonis Haslem.

So, in the end, with the Chalmers-Udrih trade, the Heat, the team with the fifth-oldest opening-day roster, gets older.

Per Ira

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is all about financials and all that crap. The Heat sacrificing the now for the future - essentially waving the flag on the present in a sense - at least thats my point of view. Mario was having a good start to the season thus far - This move makes no sense beyond financials - as Ira pointed out, this only makes the team older.

Leaving the future of the Heat iffy at best if not unclear. The Heat will need to embrace a youth movement at some point - all teams do.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, not that Udrih is bad - but if this is what we are getting in return for Rio - we can expect a whole lot less/worse for CA

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat could get a second round pick in the deal - you know, those draft picks they ALWAYS makes such good use of

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised. Rio was a key member of the title teams in '12 and '13. However, with this roster, he can no longer be relegated to a spot up shooter. He wasn't the difference between us contending anyway. And yes, this is a clear financial move to help get us under the luxury tax.

I'll miss Rio, but it's time to move on as he wasn't worth the $4 mil we were paying him, considering Tyler Johnson has seemingly been just as productive, if not more.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See. This is what makes the trade that much more stupid. Again, I understand the move is financially motivated for the future - but why give up a guy like Rio for basically nothing in return and having to wait the "future" out to see how this move pays off or not. Trade a guy to then go ahead and trade the player or players you got in return as well.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least the Heat got one steal in Winslow in the draft - I guess its the Heat's turn to be on the wrong end of a steal - sure, Rio wasn't the difference maker in our title run but certainly an important piece. Now, lets see how well the Heat make use of what they gain in this move

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same starters for tonight. Gerald Green, James Ennis, and of course, with the pointless impending trade, Chalmers also inactive. Another night the Heat will be short-handed - their own doing

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See. This is what makes the trade that much more stupid. Again, I understand the move is financially motivated for the future - but why give up a guy like Rio for basically nothing in return and having to wait the "future" out to see how this move pays off or not. Trade a guy to then go ahead and trade the player or players you got in return as well.

It's not to see if this trade returns anything. The Heat would likely only get a 2nd round draft pick. It's to get under the luxury tax threshold so they don't go into repeater status. Miami has until the February trade deadline as the NBA dictates if you're a repeater at the end of the year. It's really not hard to see what they're doing.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't hard to see why. It is still beyond stupid in my opinion. There was talk of them being willing to pay the penalty for being over by the February deadline.

As for it not being to see if this trade returns anything, EVERY trade has something to do with return - the form or fashion in which that return comes is obviously often different for every team depending on their situation.

to add, with Green out until further notice and Amare not contributing as needed yet, further creating open roster spots THIS season that is only currently 7 games old - is not exactly helpful to the team. So, again, I am interested to see what the Heat do about filling the holes on the roster - of which another one will be created if/when CA is traded

Back to the game - torn between wanting to see KoMe have a bad game and watching the Heat absolutely destroy the LA fakers - or him having a good/great game and still resulting in a Heat as whooping of the LA Fakers

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope what looks like the emergence of Tyler Johnson continues - that is what the Heat are banking on after 7 games this season and a few last with this trade - I will be optimistic it works out, but not surprise if moments of complacency come from him once he realizes his role with the team is now locked in with this move and doesn't have to really look over his shoulder about someone taking it from him any time soon

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't hard to see why. It is still beyond stupid in my opinion. There was talk of them being willing to pay the penalty for being over by the February deadline.

As for it not being to see if this trade returns anything, EVERY trade has something to do with return - the form or fashion in which that return comes is obviously often different for every team depending on their situation.

to add, with Green out until further notice and Amare not contributing as needed yet, further creating open roster spots THIS season that is only currently 7 games old - is not exactly helpful to the team. So, again, I am interested to see what the Heat do about filling the holes on the roster - of which another one will be created if/when CA is traded

Back to the game - torn between wanting to see KoMe have a bad game and watching the Heat absolutely destroy the LA fakers - or him having a good/great game and still resulting in a Heat as whooping of the LA Fakers

Please. We already saw Chalmers ceiling. This wasn't like we totally scrapped our roster and started anew. We got rid of a role player that cost a lot of money when you factor in luxury tax, when we have a player who's just as productive in Tyler Johnson. There are other players that will need to step up, but let's stop acting like Rio was the end all be all player.

Please don't respond, I really couldn't care to hear your response. I already know it will be "Uh, herpa derpa, you guys act like you're GM's. This is all Shane Battier's fault."

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you on your period today? Did someone touch your mommy inappropriately today? Stop behaving so butt-hurt when someone expresses a point of view you don't agree with or is dissimilar to yours. That is the ultimate sign of ignorance. And a rather troubling one at that.

You are missing my point. And you obviously believe I am missing yours. Such is life. Its not criminal to disagree.

Shane Battier is still garbage. Maybe he is the one molesting you wrongfully to be butthurt?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo reporting Green to return after two game suspension. Not clear if there already is time served.

Kobe out for Lakers tonight. But you probably already know that.

Green suspension issued by Heat. That means no substance violation which is a league-only policy.
More pre-game news from Ira

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you on your period today? Did someone touch your mommy inappropriately today? Stop behaving so butt-hurt when someone expresses a point of view you don't agree with or is dissimilar to yours. That is the ultimate sign of ignorance. And a rather troubling one at that.

You are missing my point. And you obviously believe I am missing yours. Such is life. Its not criminal to disagree.

Shane Battier is still garbage. Maybe he is the one molesting you wrongfully to be butthurt?

Pot meet kettle. I'm fine. We're just all use to your keyboard warrior ways. You're the one that's getting butt hurt now that Rio's gone. Sad that Pat Riley didn't console you before making the decision?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all butthurt over anything. Speak for yourself. Grown men are the only ones on this board minus you and little andre - not that I could possibly care any less, but the rest of us have gotten along fairly well thus far this season. So you can just shove your " we're just all use to our keyboard warrior ways" up as far as your molestor stuck his hand in you.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat say the deal was not delayed in order to seek a third team to re-route players.

Also, Heat say no second-round pick involved in Chalmers trade
Heat announce, "Gerald Green has been suspended for two games for conduct detrimental to the team...."

Heat, "... He will begin his suspension immediately and miss tonight’s contest vs. the Lakers and Thursday’s game vs. Utah." Back Friday.

The suspension is not "substance" related, which only can be meted out by NBA, per the CBA.

More from Ira