• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat 2015 offseason thread

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miami doesnt need to go after any BIg FAs. Dragic, Whiteside, Bosh, Wade are a good core. Getting Bosh back and McRoberts back will make a difference. They just need to sign some bench guys who can shoot. I dont think they need to make any crazy moves this offseason.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you are actually starting to count Dragic as part of the Heat future? Change of heart? Come to your senes finally

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
One Western conference executive feels Wade is as good as gone. Very interesting indeed......

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Western conference executive feels Wade is as good as gone. Very interesting indeed......

My opinion is that if he doesn't work out some sort of compromise with Riley before FA starts, then he very well could be whether he wants to or not.

I think the reports of the Heat being interested in Ellis is their way of sending a clear message back to Wade.

There's no way we can afford both Wade and Ellis, but we prob can afford both Ellis and someone else.

I'm really hoping we don't trade this pick tonight.
Seems like we will have to get a nice, YOUNG player, regardless of who we pick.

I couldnt care less if we trade McBob, Bird, and or Chlamers though, if that's what we need to do to keep Wade.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo, you must have me confused. i always saw Dragic as part of our future. Im just hoping we can keep Wade. I dont want to overpay him, but I dont want to let him walk either.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
avalon, here is the issue with Wade - he wants to get paid more, in which case, if the Heat give him any more than they currently are - they would be greatly overpaying him. If he wants more, let him go - he isnt worth of more at this point - And, honestly , it would be very easy to just say thanks for the memories, but at this point in his career , he wont be missed. We can easily upgrade

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So, the Heat seem to be making a pretty good and competitive offer for Dragic. The belief is 5 years and 97 million. I thought that the 90 million to 100 million range was the right number if we were to pay as much for him. This give us $12 million more guaranteed in a 5th year and no state income taxes. I probably would have gone at $95 million since he will be 33 entering that 5th year.

Also, word on the street is the Heat will not be exercising their option on Mr. Beasley. Not to say he does not come back, but they likely won't be opting in as they likely want roster flexibility to get some wings that can shoot the three.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bad news for turnup....as expected the Heat apparently just told Beasley they won't be exercising their team option on him for next season. Barring something unexpected, Michael won't be with th Heat next year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news for turnup....as expected the Heat apparently just told Beasley they won't be exercising their team option on him for next season. Barring something unexpected, Michael won't be with th Heat next year.

I'm so pissed.
Beasley isn't anything great, but he's a hell of a lot better then Ennis, Walker and others who somehow might stick on the roster.
The Heat will get my letter of intent not to renew after this season next week.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm so pissed.
Beasley isn't anything great, but he's a hell of a lot better then Ennis, Walker and others who somehow might stick on the roster.
The Heat will get my letter of intent not to renew after this season next week.

You likely won't be alone depending on wht happens over the next couple of weeks. He just did not fit in....Heat needs 3 point shooting and athlectic wings as role players and less guaranteed salary. He just did not fit in anymore.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is there to be pissed about? If the Heat bring back Dragic, Wade, and Deng, Beasley was going to be the 11th or 12th man on this roster at 1.3 million.

Walker is likely gone too. With the Heat drafting a 2 and 3 in the draft this year, it is likely that Ennis spot may not be a lock either.

Not the end of the world.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You likely won't be alone depending on wht happens over the next couple of weeks. He just did not fit in....Heat needs 3 point shooting and athlectic wings as role players and less guaranteed salary. He just did not fit in anymore.

They need all of that, agreed, but he's still better then some of the other named players who will prob make the roster.
We selected him years ago to replace/upgrade UD.
7 years later we've reached this point over prob $500,000?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly it really isn't hard to figure out. This is not rocket science here. Ennis is a better fit than Beasley and Walker because he is an athletic wing and can work on his shooting/ball handling. On top of that Ennis was a much better shooter than Beasley

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is there to be pissed about? If the Heat bring back Dragic, Wade, and Deng, Beasley was going to be the 11th or 12th man on this roster at 1.3 million.

Walker is likely gone too. With the Heat drafting a 2 and 3 in the draft this year, it is likely that Ennis spot may not be a lock either.

Not the end of the world.

Of course it's not the end of the world IF the roster is versatile and upgraded.
If it's about just saving a few bucks, then I'm done giving them mine.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly it really isn't hard to figure out. This is not rocket science here. Ennis is a better fit than Beasley and Walker because he is an athletic wing and can work on his shooting/ball handling. On top of that Ennis was a much better shooter than Beasley

Not sure what or who you've been watching.
Beasley is a ton more versatile weapon then either Ennis or Walker.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's not the end of the world IF the roster is versatile and upgraded.
If it's about just saving a few bucks, then I'm done giving them mine.

If you have a team option to not pay someone who is going to be the 11th or 12th man who will make 1.3 million why would you? It made no sense for Miami to pick up the option unless they knew Beasley would be one of the top 8 players

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what or who you've been watching.
Beasley is a ton more versatile weapon then either Ennis or Walker.

He's better than Walker and Walker option will likely not be picked up either.

He's a better all around offensive player than Ennis but Ennis is obviously a better defender and more athletic than he is. Also Ennis has more room to improve than Beasley. He's been in the league for one year and will get better. Beasley is who he is at this point in his career. Your love affair with Beasley is ridiculous. You would think they just declined their option on Lebron James or something.

I much rather Ennis at his salary to be the 11th or 12th man instead of Beasley at 1.3 million to play that same role

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better than Walker and Walker option will likely not be picked up either.

He's a better all around offensive player than Ennis but Ennis is obviously a better defender and more athletic than he is. Also Ennis has more room to improve than Beasley. He's been in the league for one year and will get better. Beasley is who he is at this point in his career. Your love affair with Beasley is ridiculous. You would think they just declined their option on Lebron James or something.

I much rather Ennis at his salary to be the 11th or 12th man instead of Beasley at 1.3 million to play that same role

Go back and watch game 82 of last year.
There was 1 player who was much better then any of the others, both teams combined.
Men against boys, and that was playing all 48 minutes.
The money difference is chump change.
We're not talking millions like with Miller.
I remember the Ennis hype last year and then how we all cringed if he had to play.
Heat used Beasley horribly in the offense last year.
It is what it is.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why so butt hurt about Beasley? As has been said already - The Heat declined the option very simply for financial reasons. He can still be brought back , at a lesser, more reasonable price - as should be the case with Diva Wade.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Beasley, or any one guy on the roster makes or breaks your loyalty to this team, and renewing season tickets - then you are an even lesser man than initially thought.