• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins Week 6 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully by the time this game comes around the Dolphins are at least healthier -- that will be almost like a win at this point.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this Dallas game and wondering how good Tannehill and the rest of our offense would be behind an OL like that. Magic.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this Dallas game and wondering how good Tannehill and the rest of our offense would be behind an OL like that. Magic.

I'd have to wonder what the game plan would be like.
Tannehill would be better with a better game plan.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins made some necessary cuts today in cutting two OL -- and an RB. They will have no problem replacing these guys who have too often contributed to this teams current and past struggles

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the moves that Gase is making regarding the 'releasing' of several players, I really wonder if there might be any 'friction' building between our clueless GM (Tannebaum) & Gase. Tannebaum is responsible for a few of the names being sent out, & anyone could make a pretty convincing argument that EVERYONE the guy has brought in has made little to no difference..... besides Kiko. Every free agent has been awful, even several draft selections have been invisible if not worse. You can make the argument that Miami was ACTUALLY better BEFORE Tannebaum got here, & that's truly pathetic. The ONLY way I can honestly see this working out, is if Miami has an incredibly great draft this next off-season....something that clearly has NOT taken place for this team in more than a decade. I feel confident in saying that Gase has the support of Ross, & if there's any choosing to be done then Tannebaum will be shown the door. I personally LOVE what Gase is doing right now..... something that should have been done YEARS ago!! Useless players drawing a paycheck..... Sparano didn't have the balls, neither did Philbin. I believe we FINALLY have the right coach..... clearly he was given a pretty raw deal w/the cupboards virtually bare in Miami. I'm actually looking fwd to the off season because this roster is literally FILLED with guys that should be working the receiving dock @ Walmart. Hopefully, with the 1st overall pick in next year's draft (or maybe the 2nd), we finally draft a player that makes it PAST his rookie contract..... jus sayin. (Thanks Parcels u fat pos)

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the moves that Gase is making regarding the 'releasing' of several players, I really wonder if there might be any 'friction' building between our clueless GM (Tannebaum) & Gase. Tannebaum is responsible for a few of the names being sent out, & anyone could make a pretty convincing argument that EVERYONE the guy has brought in has made little to no difference..... besides Kiko. Every free agent has been awful, even several draft selections have been invisible if not worse. You can make the argument that Miami was ACTUALLY better BEFORE Tannebaum got here, & that's truly pathetic. The ONLY way I can honestly see this working out, is if Miami has an incredibly great draft this next off-season....something that clearly has NOT taken place for this team in more than a decade. I feel confident in saying that Gase has the support of Ross, & if there's any choosing to be done then Tannebaum will be shown the door. I personally LOVE what Gase is doing right now..... something that should have been done YEARS ago!! Useless players drawing a paycheck..... Sparano didn't have the balls, neither did Philbin. I believe we FINALLY have the right coach..... clearly he was given a pretty raw deal w/the cupboards virtually bare in Miami. I'm actually looking fwd to the off season because this roster is literally FILLED with guys that should be working the receiving dock @ Walmart. Hopefully, with the 1st overall pick in next year's draft (or maybe the 2nd), we finally draft a player that makes it PAST his rookie contract..... jus sayin. (Thanks Parcels u fat pos)

I was waiting for someone to bring this up.

Its a yearly thing with this fan base to always assume there is a beef between players and coaches... or coaches and front office people etc. Just because things are bad on the field does not mean people are bumping heads on the inside.

This is a panic reaction from fans when things are bad because they want to see rash decisions made -- be it a coaching change, QB change, front office personnel firing or anything along those lines to change things up.

This fan base complains about the lack of stability from within the franchise but the moment things get a little sour -- the panic button is hit and they want to blow it all up.

This should be the first week our original starting OL is available for the game. This should help the cause a very great deal.

This season is not over so lets put the draft aside for a while. A loss today doesn't mean its over, either.

Now to the keys to todays game:

Take it upon themselves to set the tone and throw the first punch

The fins must be able and WILLING to set the tone in todays game. That means they have to be WILLING and able to establish the run and stick with it for as long as possible to help Tannehill and the rest of the offense.

The Steelers secondary is rather questionable and ranks low in the league. This doesn't mean we should continue to be a pass happy offense to the point we never run or give up on it early -- but assuming we have the momentum in our favor, some shots will be there for the taking.

The steelers have weapons through the air and ground -- But the fins should still be WILLING and ABLE to bring early and constant pressure towards the QB. Big Ben can do things on the move but not like earlier in his career. Get that pocket moving and the Dolphins DL can do some damage. Reshad Jones is banged up and our secondary is suspect at best -- so it would be a good idea for our defensive front to want to make their presence felt for once this season.

There could be some rain during the game so ball security is vital.

Fins do this and they could come out with the win. There are some winnable matchups in this game for us.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins inactives: DL Terrence Fede, CB Ben Benwikere, CB Xavien Howard, TE Jordan Cameron, DL Julius Warmsley, OL Sam Young, DB Walt Aikens.

That already suspect secondary is banged up today

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the rain has passed as kickoff approaches

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pressure there by the defense on third down to draw a penalty and force 4th down. The defense actually makes an early stand. Wasn't 3 and out but close enough.

And decent starting field position after the PR.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a dumb penalty to start the first offensive drive

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry makes up for it on the conversion for a first down

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully the next unnecessary roughness penalty goes against PIT

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunate drop by Parker there

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ajayi drops a 3rd down catch that probably wasn't going to get the job done anyway. It would've fallen short of the first down marker.

Fins settle for 3. But settling this time doesn't feel as bad this time because the Fins OL actually protected Tannehill well and they moved the ball through the air and ground fairly well.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins attempt a onside kick for whatever reason - but may not have counted because refs weren't ready. Hopefully it won't count because it didn't work and would've given Steelers great field position. You don't give a juggernaut of an offense that kind of a gift.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great stop by the dolphins there with the sack to stop this drive without much done by the Steelers -- But, of course a penalty ruins it all.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers players are doing a lot of extra stuff after the whistle trying to bait the Fins into shit -- Fins have got to keep their cool and not fall for that crap

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then they let DHB do that. Well, I guess the Dolphins D had to show their true colors at some point -- sadly, its come too early again

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finish it off with a 2pt conversion of course.

Hopefully the offense can keep it going. Our offense will have to keep their foot on the gas to bail out or suspect and obviously undisciplined defense.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry drops a would be conversion and momentum to the Steelers. The protection on that play wasn't great but Tannehill did enough to get the throw off. Landry just failed to do his job