• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs Buffalo Bills Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jelani Jenkins keeps making plays

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be embarrassed to be a Fins fan, getting these calls.

Believe me we're usually on the shit end of the stick on those calls. It was close but Gilmore was early if that's the one you're talking about. Besides I thought the bills were a guaranteed win???

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good and encouraging to see Tannehill frustrated about not getting a TD on that drive. Not necessary for it to be a record-breaking deal, but he is certainly worthy of an extension. He has earned that much.

He's still young and learning they'll just keep getting better. Beating the bills is a big step.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't me who guaranteed anything. If you really believe that's pass interference or intentional grounding or a Miller TD then you are seriously blinded by bias. Dolphins outplayed the Bills in the second half, but they were blatantly handed 9 points. Disgusting refs. And I don't care if you're on the short end of those calls a lot, doesn't make them right and we surely haven't been on the long end of any.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PI was close no doubt but they've been calling it close all year. Miller's TD was close but not enough to overturn it. They still would have had two more cracks anyway. The intentional ground was a good call Watkins went the wrong way. Do you expect the refs to know that he ran the wrong route and not call him? Now that's a homer call....

You said it the Fins were better in the second half and won the game. They tried to give it away but your offense was listless and took a few stupid penalties. Bumping a ref..horrible! Be mad at your team not the refs. Otherwise good game it was tight for the most part.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the intentional grounding call was an iffy call. That could have gone either way and it went the home field way. As a fellow Defensive Back, I thought the PI call was bad. The timing was perfect on it. Hes allowed to have a hand on the receiver as long as he isnt turning him around or holding his arm down. But bad calls happen every game. The Landry TD, who cares, if it wasnt a TD it would have been on the Inch line and we would have had a couple more shots at it.

Im just glad Miami came out with the win. But thats 2 games in a row where Tannehill has turned the ball over in the redzone. That cant happen against Denver.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the talk about the Bills vs Fins games really going to turn to a focus on the refs? Just look at the stats. The Fins had nearly twice as many first downs & had a lot more total yards gained than the Bills. The turnovers by the Fins are the only thing that kept the game close for so long (besides a great pass rush from the Bills) If the Bills want to place blame, how about blaming an offense that has to settle for FG's all game. Bills LB McKelvin was talking about beating that @ss. He might have twisted his ankle when Tannehill ran right by him for big yardage.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes our RZ offense sucks, but no more than yours. I'm not blaming the refs for the loss, but a 10-9 game turned into 19-9 on blatant miscalls. It doesn't exactly help. No excuses for our FG instead of TD ability. Orton has had two inaccurate games in a row here after starting out with a bang.

Tanny played great and you ran the ball better than us, it just sucks how it went down with three terrible game changing calls.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes our RZ offense sucks, but no more than yours. I'm not blaming the refs for the loss, but a 10-9 game turned into 19-9 on blatant miscalls. It doesn't exactly help. No excuses for our FG instead of TD ability. Orton has had two inaccurate games in a row here after starting out with a bang.

Tanny played great and you ran the ball better than us, it just sucks how it went down with three terrible game changing calls.

I've seen a few non calls that could have helped the Fins this year. Playoff teams have to be able to bounce back & focus on the next play or the next game. The only questionable call in the Fins vs Bills game was the PI call and the defender hit Wallace hard enough to knock him down. It was a close call but the ref was in good position to see the play. The safety play was not close. There wasn't a receiver near the ball when it landed out of bounds. I wish your team luck vs the Pats.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of crack are you smoking? The safety was a pathetic call. Watkins was well within 10 yards, and the ball landed in bounds. If you really believe different, there's no hope for you. And the PI was worse. Left hand on the back as the right hand swatted the ball. He did not adjust Wallace's arms or hips. The ref who threw the flag had no view of hand on the ball. Again, I take responsibility of not scoring touchdowns, but these calls were a MAJOR part of the momentum swing. Any true fan would have the balls to admit it, and especially wouldn't condone it.

Gross.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of crack are you smoking? The safety was a pathetic call. Watkins was well within 10 yards, and the ball landed in bounds. If you really believe different, there's no hope for you. And the PI was worse. Left hand on the back as the right hand swatted the ball. He did not adjust Wallace's arms or hips. The ref who threw the flag had no view of hand on the ball. Again, I take responsibility of not scoring touchdowns, but these calls were a MAJOR part of the momentum swing. Any true fan would have the balls to admit it, and especially wouldn't condone it.

Gross.

I'm pretty sure nobody on this forum is smoking any kind of crack....and YOU, sir, are the one there very well be 'no hope' for. Ahem.....perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the rule of 'intentional grounding', then and only then, you might possibly realize that instead of your ridiculous opinion that the call was pathetic, you might actually come to grips w/the fact that it was the CORRECT call, period. While facing defensive pressure, intentional grounding will be called when a quarterback attempts a forward pass w/no realistic chance of it being caught. This was EXACTLY the case that took place when the safety was called-of course, a SAFETY was called because the penalty for said foul is a loss of downs and 10 yds, and because of Buffalo's field position, loss of 10 yards meant SAFETY....you with me so far? Good....IF, and only if, Orton would have been OUTSIDE of the pocket(which CLEARLY he was not), then he could have thrown the ball anywhere he wanted to.....the safety was the correct call, regardless of any kind of crack you might suggest someone here is smoking. Every ESPN analyst agreed w/the call, they even REPLAYED it for shits sake.....I will give you that the pass interference call was perhaps borderline. You could even have an argument against the unnecessary roughness call against Hughes. The safety? Absolutely the correct call. If YOU believe otherwise, perhaps it is you that should put the torch on the table and step away from the pipe. Oh, and maybe your players shouldn't be making guarantees they can't back up. Keep that up and they will start sounding like Rex Ryan.....just sayin'

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever bud. See what your Dolphin eyes see. Bottom line Watkins was in the area of the ball. If that's the case every wrong route by a WR would be IG. Heck, between Eli and Randle, that would happen every game. And to "admit" the the PI was "borderline" is even funnier. If you were a DB coach, that's the film you would show to your team on text book coverage. Anyway, I don't want to sound sooky, because you did outplayed us in the 2nd half. It would just be a much easier loss to swallow without those three (four with the Hughes penalty) debacles.

But I totally agree Leodis McKelvin should not be opening his skinny mouth and worry more about not fumbling the game away to the Chiefs than guaranteeing any wins.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever bud. See what your Dolphin eyes see. Bottom line Watkins was in the area of the ball. If that's the case every wrong route by a WR would be IG. Heck, between Eli and Randle, that would happen every game. And to "admit" the the PI was "borderline" is even funnier. If you were a DB coach, that's the film you would show to your team on text book coverage. Anyway, I don't want to sound sooky, because you did outplayed us in the 2nd half. It would just be a much easier loss to swallow without those three (four with the Hughes penalty) debacles.

But I totally agree Leodis McKelvin should not be opening his skinny mouth and worry more about not fumbling the game away to the Chiefs than guaranteeing any wins.

Hilarious...my 'Dolphin eyes' didn't have any part in construction of the NFL rulebook, ya dig? Go google 'NFL rules-intentional grounding', then SERIOUSLY tell me that call doesn't ENTIRELY fit the foul. The ball was not 'realistically' catchable and you(along with everyone else) know it. It has NO BEARING if the receiver ran the wrong route. Also, there is no 'minimum distance' the receiver has to be from the forward pass. It ONLY states that if a quarterback is under immense defensive pressure and attempts a forward pass that is not realistically catchable, then the foul will be called. You telling me the ball was 'realistically catchable'? Cmon homeboy.....either you haven't watched/played any football or you're simply ignorant. In absolutely no way did that ball have a snowball's chance in hell to be caught. Had Orton drifted outside the pocket, it would have been fine. However, he was about to be leveled IN the pocket. That, was undeniably intentional grounding no ifs, ands, or buts about it. The p.i. call? It could have gone either way. I can tell you I've seen SEVERAL defensive plays this season(and last) that seemed to be excellent plays by the defensive back, only to be called pass interference by the refs. This is w/o a doubt a 'passing league'. Virtually everything that gets called in NFL games is centered around more offense. That's why good cornerbacks/safties are a premium in todays NFL. So, fine.....you want to call the p.i. call a horrible one? Maybe it was....that only means that the NFL makes ATLEAST 3-5 of those every Sunday. The Hughes call was a bit 'ticky tacky'. No question about it. But lets be perfectly clear on something.....NONE of the calls/non-calls had ANY bearing on the outcome of the game, period. Not the safety, not the interference, certainly not the roughness call(game was over anyways).

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No outcome on the game? Except for 9 points! You say the IG call was no question, and no realistic chance of completing a pass. Well, Watkins was in range of the ball, whereas if he turned left, or the corner for that matter, could have had a chance at it. There are so many times during a game where a bad throw is nowhere near the intended receiver, just because he rushed it, the JUDGEMENT call (20 seconds after the fact) was made. Like it or not, this penalty was a JUDGEMENT call, and therefore can be interpreted different ways. Let's say I accept this, and withdraw my rebuttal.

Now you say, the PI call "might" have been, "could" have been "iffy". Well, sir. His right hand hit the ball at the precise moment his left hand cupped the small of Wallace's back, as he plowed into him and DEFLECTED THE PASS. The flag was throw behind the play, with no sight of the ball. The left hand of Gilmore had nothing to do with the incomplete pass. This call TOTALLY turned the outcome of the game. And worst of all, this was not a JUDGEMENT call. This was a blown call, where the ref only saw the back of the receiver. There is no iffy, or could have here. It either is or is not. I'm not saying this doesn't happen often, but it doesn't make it okay either! Then after that despicable call, they go ahead and give Landry a touchdown when everyone and their mother knows his knee was down... yes, maybe they get in anyway, but again, it doesn't make it okay. And why there was no proper horizontal goal line view is beyond me.

Then, the Hughes penalty was icing on the cake. That brush of the ref, obviously unintentional, to be called was disgusting. In fact, whoever shoved Orton to the ground on the "intentional grounding" play was well after the ball left his hand, and much more of the unnecessary roughness variety... but nobody talks about that.

Again, I am not saying the Bills "would have" won. I'm not even saying the refs lost it for us. All I'm saying is that I wish there was a Dolphins fan out there, that would just own up to the disgusting display of officiating that went on Thursday night. It's like your baseball team winning because their pitcher walks the bases loaded and the ump calls a bogus balk. I can say with complete honesty, if the tables were turned, I would be just as disgusted with the refs as I am now. You may not think so, or believe me, but I guess there's nothing I can do about that.

I mean seriously, the best I got out of you fine folks is the PI "might" have been "iffy", could have gone either way... gimme a break!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cards-fins1,

Good, well thought out responses RE the Safety & PI calls. I'll add something regarding the Hughes penalty: Hughes bumped a ref during a potential altercation between players. That's never a good decision. I've seen other guys draw penalties like that before. They deserved the penalty calls also.

TKO Spikes, your team got outplayed on the field (see my previous post RE stats from the game) RE smoking crack: I have no interest in doing that. RE the penalties: There have been some games that the Fins' didn't get some important calls. It happens. The bottom line is the Bills needed to win but didn't make the plays when they needed to. Complaining on another teams' board wont make it better for your team. Good luck to your team for the rest of the season (especially against the Pats).

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
copy.

I see I can get nowhere. And I'm not complaining... just stating the facts as the world sees them. And trying to get honesty out of you guys. And it doesn't matter to me that bad calls happen. That's not my point, but I guess you saying that is the closest I'll get to an admission.

Orton has sucked at crucial moments in the past two games, and that, and that alone is the reason we lost both games.

The funny part is, you guys think you can win more games by playing like that, because let's face it, your red zone offense stinks as well.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
copy.

I see I can get nowhere. And I'm not complaining... just stating the facts as the world sees them. And trying to get honesty out of you guys. And it doesn't matter to me that bad calls happen. That's not my point, but I guess you saying that is the closest I'll get to an admission.

Orton has sucked at crucial moments in the past two games, and that, and that alone is the reason we lost both games.

The funny part is, you guys think you can win more games by playing like that, because let's face it, your red zone offense stinks as well.

The Fins had two TD's vs the Bills. Your team had none. That was the difference in the game. I agree that the Fins will need to score more TD's in upcoming games. Both of our teams would have much better records right now with better red zone effectiveness. However, dwelling on the past doesn't help either of our teams. I'm much more interested in how the Fins play in their next game than dwelling on past games. I think the Fins are trending upward as team and as an organization.

Last edited by a moderator:

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
copy.

TKO, look.....its painfully obvious to me that you're a pretty passionate Buffalo Bills fan, and my hats off to you for not bailing on your team like a lot of other 'fair weather fans' often do when their respective team(s) find themselves in a rut. That being said, I'm one of the most honest individuals you will ever meet/talk to. Please do not confuse my 'difference of opinion' as being dishonest. The rules are the rules. For every argument you might have regarding the bad calls(in your opinion), I can provide you with several more arguments why the calls were correct(in my opinion). I'm not here suggesting every one of those calls were correct and should have been called. I'm simply saying almost all of them could have gone either direction-including the pass interference call. THAT call wasn't entirely convincing EITHER WAY, so its not like it was highway robbery that it was called. You want honesty? Here it is.....the ONLY call that was completely convincing/correct(in my opinion) was the intentional grounding call. You can argue with me all you'd like, but there IS no arguing with the NFL rulebook. I appreciate your football insight and wish your team well the rest of the way. Although I never agree/care for players running their mouths or talking shit, I also didn't want your cornerback to break his ankle or even injure himself-that's a tough break and I wish him a speedy recovery. Buffalo is a solid football team with a great defense, it will be very interesting to watch these two teams go at it the next several years.