• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins - GB Packers Game Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D wasn’t perfect but in this situation you can't fault them for the game...it could have been 21-3 in the first.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possession 37:12 22:48....Fins were the latter that says enough. If they killed off another 45 that may have been enough to finish this game....now that pisses me off!

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more upset with the offense than the D. Time of possession was brutal. Offense could have closed this one out just had to run out more clock...
T H A N K Y O U Flyer....so much negativity twds the defense, which is totally unfair. This game was COMPLETELY lost because Joe Philbins team(once again) played 'not to lose', instead of playing to win. It was perfectly clear that Green Bay was coming after Tannehill with a vengeance on Miami's last drive, and there are several-in fact dozens-of plays to counter blitz packages. It was clear that the Packers were putting 8 in the box, daring Tannehill to make a play with his arm(or his feet). What does Miami do? They pull a 'Dave Wannstedt' and continue to run the ball, hoping the seconds ticking off the clock magically speed up by a factor of 10. Joe and his ass clown coaching staff continue to be completely 'outcoached' in tight ballgames, just like Sparano was 4-5 games every season. Just like Wanny was outcoached.....and this team will continue to play 'not to lose' until they finally have a quality coach that refuses to lift his proverbial foot off of the throttle until the game is over. This game was ENTIRELY about coaching.....not 1 play, not 2 plays, not bad calls, certainly not 'defensive inefficiencies'. The better head coach won, enough said. Each and every week Joe Philbin and his circus staff prove their ignorance. I really really cannot wait until he is finally canned. I will say that Tannehill had a very good 2nd half, and its hard to say what he might be with quality coaching.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying don't run but if they are all out blitzing up the middle why not at least bootleg your QB outside or throw an easy screen. If you don't make it at least the clock tics. Sitting him in the pocket without max protect so his only option is to throw it away is insane. I thought we were done with this when Sherman left. At the same time I think the teams getting better but the coaches have to give the players the best chance to win...or we’ll never win a bowl game.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying don't run but if they are all out blitzing up the middle why not at least bootleg your QB outside or throw an easy screen. If you don't make it at least the clock tics. Sitting him in the pocket without max protect so his only option is to throw it away is insane. I thought we were done with this when Sherman left. At the same time I think the teams getting better but the coaches have to give the players the best chance to win...or we’ll never win a bowl game.
You're absolutely right my man.....this loss is ENTIRELY on the ass clown coaching staff we have in Miami. Philbin has every right to over rule any offensive play selection, so this loss sits squarely on his shoulders. I am now hating the fact that Philbin was brought back for a 3rd season. Cowher OR Gruden would have this team at 4-2 right now, if not better. Just absolutely pathetic coaching.....Tannehill impressed me substantially today, I really wanted Miami to win especially for Ryan. Man he's got a horrible coaching staff....I feel bad for the guy. Sheeeeesh......

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just a way for people to place blame on Philbin because he is an easy target - and, this fan base is great at giving the players a pass while making the coach the scapegoat - I see people talking about how the Dolphins called a timeout and how that helped the Packers offense and messed with our momentum on defense.. Timeout or not, with how inconsistent and with the lack of discipline our D was playing throughout the whole game, I would not have been surprised if they would have still collapsed as they did had they not called the timeout.

As good as GB is, as good as any of our future opponents may be, if this team fails to put games away when their first chances to do so come up, no matter when that is, you can rest assured that they will lose - no matter in a close game or wide margin loss.

When you have a chance to put teams away YOU MUST DO IT! I dont care if its Aaron Rodgers, Dan Marino, or Mark butt-fumble Sanchez on the other sideline - YOU MUST PUT TEAMS AWAY - or risk losing the game in the clutch as the Fins did today.

The Fins gave this game to the Packers so many times. The Packers finally decided to take it at the end of the game. Fins just kept looking for ways to lose this game until they did.

I post players/coaches press conferences quotes and such but never really read them myself because its all BS IMO, so I dont know how much getting off to fast starts on offense is mentioned by our QB, coach or OC, but if they keep mentioning as a priority, I hope they for once make it look that way when they start games... They keep winning coin toss and differing - I thought that is when the Fins lost this game today... How could you win the toss and differ the option to start on defense vs Aaron Rodgers and the Packers?

Granted, we got the ball first in the second half and made things happen, but we were playing from behind already at that point... Unacceptable for it to continue to happen the rest of this season if starting fast is a priority.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just a way for people to place blame on Philbin because he is an easy target - and, this fan base is great at giving the players a pass while making the coach the scapegoat - I see people talking about how the Dolphins called a timeout and how that helped the Packers offense and messed with our momentum on defense.. Timeout or not, with how inconsistent and with the lack of discipline our D was playing throughout the whole game, I would not have been surprised if they would have still collapsed as they did had they not called the timeout.

As good as GB is, as good as any of our future opponents may be, if this team fails to put games away when their first chances to do so come up, no matter when that is, you can rest assured that they will lose - no matter in a close game or wide margin loss.

When you have a chance to put teams away YOU MUST DO IT! I dont care if its Aaron Rodgers, Dan Marino, or Mark butt-fumble Sanchez on the other sideline - YOU MUST PUT TEAMS AWAY - or risk losing the game in the clutch as the Fins did today.

The Fins gave this game to the Packers so many times. The Packers finally decided to take it at the end of the game. Fins just kept looking for ways to lose this game until they did.

I post players/coaches press conferences quotes and such but never really read them myself because its all BS IMO, so I dont know how much getting off to fast starts on offense is mentioned by our QB, coach or OC, but if they keep mentioning as a priority, I hope they for once make it look that way when they start games... They keep winning coin toss and differing - I thought that is when the Fins lost this game today... How could you win the toss and differ the option to start on defense vs Aaron Rodgers and the Packers?

Granted, we got the ball first in the second half and made things happen, but we were playing from behind already at that point... Unacceptable for it to continue to happen the rest of this season if starting fast is a priority.
Paolo, I agree with you that all too often players get a pass while the coach is held accountable. However, in my opinion, this team played well enough to win the game today. The coaching staff lost this game today, more specifically Joe Philbin. Rogers and his offense should never have seen the field after they kicked their last fg. Send Wallace on a fly pattern....hit Miller or Moreno in the flats....send Landry on a hot route.....keep the damn ball till time expires for shits sake!! This team is so ridiculously frustrating.....if its not 1 thing, its another. Either way, this team always finds new ways to lose ballgames.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his team always finds new ways to lose ballgames.

You are correct about this. Which makes my point, the game is decided on the field of play, and who is on the field of play, with ultimate control of the outcome of the game? the players and that is why the blame is on them.

Its lousy and unreasonable to refuse to give the coaching staff credit when things go good and just give it to the players - as it is lousy and unreasonable to place all the blame on them when things go bad and give the players a pass.

After the game, there was some finger pointing going on, players saying their struggles on defense were in part due to lack of execution but also bad play calling - But, I agree with it there as Coyle just does not know how to get the best out of this group of players. As I said before, he shouldve been gone along with Sherman.

Its pretty bad when players throw a coach under the bus, but sometimes it must be done for things to get shaken up.

Going back to what I said earlier, if Kevin Coyle isnt stripped of his duties before the next game, our season could be worthless.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct about this. Which makes my point, the game is decided on the field of play, and who is on the field of play, with ultimate control of the outcome of the game? the players and that is why the blame is on them.

Its lousy and unreasonable to refuse to give the coaching staff credit when things go good and just give it to the players - as it is lousy and unreasonable to place all the blame on them when things go bad and give the players a pass.

After the game, there was some finger pointing going on, players saying their struggles on defense were in part due to lack of execution but also bad play calling - But, I agree with it there as Coyle just does not know how to get the best out of this group of players. As I said before, he shouldve been gone along with Sherman.

Its pretty bad when players throw a coach under the bus, but sometimes it must be done for things to get shaken up.

Going back to what I said earlier, if Kevin Coyle isnt stripped of his duties before the next game, our season could be worthless.
Let me ask you this....don't you think things would be hugely different with someone like Cowher in charge? Gruden? Shottenheimer? You just don't see Bilichicks teams (with lesser talent I might add) throw games away like Miami has done routinely over the last several seasons. Its been said that a team takes on the identity of its head coach....our 'identity' is clearly of one that cannot close out ballgames, especially against good teams. Next coach please.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has become a 'passing league', to say the least. You either HAVE top flight qb and your team consistently makes the playoffs, or you do not and your team is mediocre at best. Any guesses which one Miami is? Green Bay going away, 31-20. Normally I don't care for crow, but I would love a steaming plate of it in the event that I'm wrong.

Take 2 crows and boil with onions garlic and celery for 4 hours. Take the vegetables out and throw the crow away with the broth.....

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take 2 crows and boil with onions garlic and celery for 4 hours. Take the vegetables out and throw the crow away with the broth.....
Lol, thank you for the recipe. I was pleasantly surprised with Tannehills performance, especially after his awful first half. That being said, I've always rooted for the guy as it certainly would make everything in Miami much easier if he DOES turn out to be the franchise qb this team has been searching for. If its not a player here or there costing this team games, then its the truly pathetic coaching that Miami fans have seemingly gotten used to. I really would love to see what Tannehill might become with good/great coaching. Philbins seat just got substantially warmer, and I don't see it cooling down anytime soon.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last possession, 3rd and 9, GB has two starting DB's out. What does Philbum or Lazor do, run ball :doh:

You can't give ball back to Rodgers, for last possession score to win. Bad coaching, again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game phins. As you can tell our offense is no where near it used to be as after Jordy and Cobb we have nobody except an up and coming rookie in Adams. Our running game is pathetic Lacy is fat and slow and injury prone. I believe our D was excellent and held you to 3 points until we lost 3 players (Tramon, Shields and Latimore) Shields and Tramon are both 2 of our best on D and it was obvious after their loss and BRAD JONES started to play at ILB it was terrible. Jones was responsible for 2 major penalties and 4 missed tackles that were either TD's or lead to big gains and the eventual TD. We'll squeak into the playoffs and lose in the first round again and you guys might fight for a WC at 9-7 or 8-8.

Peace

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers lucky to get that victory, defense fell apart in 2nd half... due to injuries and heat as well. TJ Lang saved the game for the Packers with fumble recovery.

Honestly I was surprised how well Packers defense played in 1st half... the DL played better than expected.. especially Guion. Lattimore injury was maybe biggest issue... because his replacement Brad Jones is huge disappointment and teams can rush must easier vs Packers when he is in.

Cameron Wake ate up Bulaga most of the day, Dolphins front 7 is impressive... Packers interior OL graded out well at PFF above 0 it appears, but the tackles both graded out negatively. Packers center of OL is their strength and we have problems with speed rushers on edges. Rodgers extending plays with scrambling was big for Packers... otherwise I thought Dolphins DBs did well covering Packers WRs for most of the game.

Tannehill looked like he played scared... only time I was really impressed is when he was running the read option. He fooled Matthews every time on that play... Clay just needs to make a bee line for the QB every time on that play and tackle him, teams will stop running it then.

Special teams was disaster for Packers other than 1 good return by Hyde. Blocked punt and some big returns by Dolphins.

Good luck to Dolphins the rest of the way.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo I guess my point about the coaching is this. If you are going to run out clock at the end of the game then you should either run all three downs or roll your QB out and tell him to run it or go down to milk the clock....this wasn't done so either it was horrible play calling by the coaches or Tanny didn't listen. Tanny said Philbin made the call to throw it so IMO that's on him. If they did a high percentage play like a screen then so be it but Philbin chose to go for it. Now if Philbin threw three times to seal the deal then no one would have a problem but he went half ass and cost them the game. I personally would have rolled Tanny out and told him to try to run for it at least the clock ticks. By the time GB gets it back they would have under 2 min around 1:30 or so which would have made a huge difference.

I'm not saying that the players aren't at fault but you need your coach to give you the best chance for victory and Philbin screwed up that final drive. The defense is another story but it shouldn't have come to that....if they ran more time off the clock.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philbin just admitted to over ruling Lazor's pass call on 3rd down so he's taking full responsibility for that. I'm happy that he manned up but his reasoning is that he didn't want to see them lose the ball or get sacked like the bills game last season??? If he was worried about that why didn't he overrule the pass play on 2nd down? At least they would have killed more clock and gave GB less time to score I would have accepted that fate as the D was playing well enough to hold them with under 2 min and no TO's. This is on the Philbin not the players...he better damn well learn from this or he'll be gone.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling two timeouts on last GB possession, when GB is out of TO's didn't help matters. Sometimes I just scratch my head on what goes from this coaching staff.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philbin just admitted to over ruling Lazor's pass call on 3rd down so he's taking full responsibility for that. I'm happy that he manned up but his reasoning is that he didn't want to see them lose the ball or get sacked like the bills game last season??? If he was worried about that why didn't he overrule the pass play on 2nd down? At least they would have killed more clock and gave GB less time to score I would have accepted that fate as the D was playing well enough to hold them with under 2 min and no TO's. This is on the Philbin not the players...he better damn well learn from this or he'll be gone.
My thoughts exactly Flyer, as when I read that I almost threw my laptop across the room(not really, but you get my drift). I am just worn the F out with this total ass clown of a coach we have in Miami. Completely embarrassing, so many head coaches in this league doing so much more with lesser talent(Dallas, Cleveland, Giants). Its become totally normal for guys like Herm Edwards, Jimmy Johnson, even Trent freaking Dilfer to question coaching decisions in Miami. Last year it was bully gate....this year its clock management, ridiculous use of time outs, spotting the opposition a touchdown or two before halftime. Different year, same damn mistakes.....different offensive coordinator, same result. Good luck getting another head coaching gig Joe....please don't let the door hit ya in the ass and leave a bruise.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling two timeouts on last GB possession, when GB is out of TO's didn't help matters. Sometimes I just scratch my head on what goes from this coaching staff.
Aaron Rodgers always finds a way to win.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers always finds a way to win.
No offense to Rogers or Packers fans, but this loss for the Dolphins was far more about Miamis inefficiencies (namely 'coaching' inefficiencies) than 'Aaron Rogers finding a way to get it done'. If there were a REAL coaching staff in Miami, Rogers wouldn't have had the chance to 'get it done'.