• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In more non-Dolphins QB news, I know I was against a potential move due to his injury history, but Teddy Bridgewater is having himself a season as a fill-in for the injured Drew Brees with the Saints.

Meanwhile, the Dolphins are hindering the growth of a young QB and team by playing a 100-year old QB.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things with regards to Walton and the running game as a whole - First, a credit to him for the way he has conducted himself since he has been on the team after his previous off the field issues elsewhere. A change of scenery has certainly done him good. Secondly, I said it in the pre-season and camp, the Fins have depth and versatility in their running game to use if they choose - nothing against Drake as I think he is a quality player and brings his own things to the group and team -- but we are seeing exactly what I expected from our running game when used, and used the right way. It opened up the offense more, unfortunately - thats usually a bad thing when Fitzpatrick is at QB because it allows him to be his reckless-self -- but at least it got some of our guys into some kind of rhythm.

The run/pass ratio as far as play calling is still not as even as I would like it to be, but hopefully the coaches will start getting a better idea that with Fitzpatrick at QB it is best to run the ball more.

During the game broadcasters talked about how Chad O'Shea expressed better comfort in play calling now that things with the roster have settled a bit - I will give him the benefit of the doubt because there has been obvious turmoil to deal with - but, he alone - deserves a lot of the blame for the offensive struggles as much as the team turnover through these first 6 games of the season. At this point in the season he has to know how to deal with the current state of the team and adjust accordingly.

Over the last 2-3 weeks there is been a trend of what is working offensively - O'Shea needs to see that and stick to that when calling plays. He can no longer allow Fitzpatrick to be reckless with the ball.

One other thing that I saw today that I have seen in recent weeks despite the losing, a better attitude from most of our guys - there is a desire from many out there to want to turn this around -- I think the players are starting to do their part - aside from the dumb mistakes like the one Wilkins made today -- its now time for the coaches to follow suit and do their part in getting this turned around.
Yep agreed and O'Shea is learning on the job basically admitted it which doesn't help the cause unless of course you like losing. I guess right now its beneficial as the picks will be higher but I still want at least one damn win!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In more non-Dolphins QB news, I know I was against a potential move due to his injury history, but Teddy Bridgewater is having himself a season as a fill-in for the injured Drew Brees with the Saints.

Meanwhile, the Dolphins are hindering the growth of a young QB and team by playing a 100-year old QB.
I admit that Fitz right now is the better QB but what's the point they aren't winning a super bowl. Maybe they are playing him to trade and get some value? Who knows. Either way Rosen should be given every shot to improve especially if the oline can get better than what it was.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep agreed and O'Shea is learning on the job basically admitted it which doesn't help the cause unless of course you like losing. I guess right now its beneficial as the picks will be higher but I still want at least one damn win!

This season - the wins will come. And it will send some folks into witness protection -- You can take that to the TANK! -- I mean bank.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit that Fitz right now is the better QB but what's the point they aren't winning a super bowl. Maybe they are playing him to trade and get some value? Who knows. Either way Rosen should be given every shot to improve especially if the oline can get better than what it was.

I don't know if your question about trading Fitz is serious or not - but I would say to that the same thing I have said in the past about trading veterans, especially those on the very back end of their careers - He has little to no trade value at this point in his career. Unless there is a contender out there looking for a replacement starting QB, or insurance - I just don't think anyone has much interest in him at this point in his career - which I think is why he was available for us to get in the off-season.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if your question about trading Fitz is serious or not - but I would say to that the same thing I have said in the past about trading veterans, especially those on the very back end of their careers - He has little to no trade value at this point in his career. Unless there is a contender out there looking for a replacement starting QB, or insurance - I just don't think anyone has much interest in him at this point in his career - which I think is why he was available for us to get in the off-season.
Yeah more for a contender who wants some insurance at QB. Fitz has shown that he can get hot maybe pull a Foles if he's forced in. Someone may be interested I'd take anything at this point.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3