• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A deserved empty first possessions for the Fins when they try to pull the crap they tried to pull with their first play

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for the "tank for Tua" fanboy - he will only miss one game after having a procedure performed on his ankle today. It is a similar injury that he had last season -- but on the other ankle this time.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lead of 14-9 for the Dolphins at the half - Fins will receive the second half kickoff.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins run a successful fake FG run - but almost lose the ball on the next play on a bad snap -- about the second or third such situation today

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And... thats followed by Fitzmagic doing his thing on the next play - forcing the issue on a quick throw and it turns into a turnover in the redzone/goal-line area.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What looked like a long, time consuming first drive to start the half for the Fins comes up empty thanks to a horrible decision by the QB.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the last and best shot for the Dolphins to pull off the upset on this drive - which is a perfect time to go back to the running game and feed it until the bitter end - cant put the ball back in the hands of Fitzpatrick for too long because these are the moments he is more prone to force the issue.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there is the costly play-call/decision and turnover of the game.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that TD might be the Dolphins doing for today. Costly turnover and costly QB decision making a huge problem late in this one - but since Rosen is not out there, I am sure some people will give the QB a pass today.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Fitzmagic has officially failed this week again.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little Fitzmagic left - but might be too late to finish the job

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A horrific onside kick is returned for TD to finish the job. Once again, its too high for the right team to get it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, the Bengals might also remain winless today as well -

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins coaches screwed the pooch when they were at the goalline. First should have challenged the spot as it looked like Walton had it. Then just continue running it in as Walton was unstoppable today or Ballage. After the fake they could have continued to run but chose to pass and the shit show continued from there. I knew it was over. I can handle rookie mistakes like prestons fumble but bad coaching is inexcusable...

On a good note Gesicki looks to have figured things out and so has Walton...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins coaches screwed the pooch when they were at the goalline. First should have challenged the spot as it looked like Walton had it. Then just continue running it in as Walton was unstoppable today or Ballage. After the fake they could have continued to run but chose to pass and the shit show continued from there. I knew it was over. I can handle rookie mistakes like prestons fumble but bad coaching is inexcusable...

On a good note Gesicki looks to have figured things out and so has Walton...

Gesicki certainly had himself a game today. However, I don't think its because he "figured things out" The potential and talent is there. The problem has been, as I have said repeatedly, the play calling - the Fins continue to call the home-run plays when it makes the least sense rather than go for the high-percentage play call.

I mean they get all the way down field at the start of the second half - you have the Bills on their heels - almost a little demoralized with the way things were going for them against a team like ours - they were starting to commit undisciplined type mistakes - then Fitzpatrick decides to make a blind throw straight into the hands of the defender.

He gets way too much credit for making plays like that and being called "gutsy" but those types of decisions are reckless at best.

For the better part of the game I was thinking to myself how great a showing this was for Fitzpatrick after the benching of Rosen because he was making decisions in situations that Josh could certainly learn from -- then the second half happens -- it was not the kind of showing you want to show a QB you are trying to groom.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman's protege as coach haha! But we need those guys to win a few...

Actually, they are better off going winless - it looks as though they are about ready to hit the reset button themselves. They could use that Tua guy -- looks better suited for that offensive scheme.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gesicki certainly had himself a game today. However, I don't think its because he "figured things out" The potential and talent is there. The problem has been, as I have said repeatedly, the play calling - the Fins continue to call the home-run plays when it makes the least sense rather than go for the high-percentage play call.

I mean they get all the way down field at the start of the second half - you have the Bills on their heels - almost a little demoralized with the way things were going for them against a team like ours - they were starting to commit undisciplined type mistakes - then Fitzpatrick decides to make a blind throw straight into the hands of the defender.

He gets way too much credit for making plays like that and being called "gutsy" but those types of decisions are reckless at best.

For the better part of the game I was thinking to myself how great a showing this was for Fitzpatrick after the benching of Rosen because he was making decisions in situations that Josh could certainly learn from -- then the second half happens -- it was not the kind of showing you want to show a QB you are trying to groom.
Definitely had the bills on their heels it may have been a dagger if they scored a td. Walton was running at will and coach calls a pass twice in a row? Fitz was at fault but come on run the damn ball when it's working. Fins can't stand success similar to gase was...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely had the bills on their heels it may have been a dagger if they scored a td. Walton was running at will and coach calls a pass twice in a row? Fitz was at fault but come on run the damn ball when it's working. Fins can't stand success similar to gase was...

Two things with regards to Walton and the running game as a whole - First, a credit to him for the way he has conducted himself since he has been on the team after his previous off the field issues elsewhere. A change of scenery has certainly done him good. Secondly, I said it in the pre-season and camp, the Fins have depth and versatility in their running game to use if they choose - nothing against Drake as I think he is a quality player and brings his own things to the group and team -- but we are seeing exactly what I expected from our running game when used, and used the right way. It opened up the offense more, unfortunately - thats usually a bad thing when Fitzpatrick is at QB because it allows him to be his reckless-self -- but at least it got some of our guys into some kind of rhythm.

The run/pass ratio as far as play calling is still not as even as I would like it to be, but hopefully the coaches will start getting a better idea that with Fitzpatrick at QB it is best to run the ball more.

During the game broadcasters talked about how Chad O'Shea expressed better comfort in play calling now that things with the roster have settled a bit - I will give him the benefit of the doubt because there has been obvious turmoil to deal with - but, he alone - deserves a lot of the blame for the offensive struggles as much as the team turnover through these first 6 games of the season. At this point in the season he has to know how to deal with the current state of the team and adjust accordingly.

Over the last 2-3 weeks there is been a trend of what is working offensively - O'Shea needs to see that and stick to that when calling plays. He can no longer allow Fitzpatrick to be reckless with the ball.

One other thing that I saw today that I have seen in recent weeks despite the losing, a better attitude from most of our guys - there is a desire from many out there to want to turn this around -- I think the players are starting to do their part - aside from the dumb mistakes like the one Wilkins made today -- its now time for the coaches to follow suit and do their part in getting this turned around.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In non-Dolphins QB news, though somewhat related - Ryan Tannehill, in his first start since replacing Marcus Mariota as the starting QB with the Titans, leads them to victory over the Chargers. So there is that.

The guy the Dolphins gave up on to replace him for a guy that first walked the earth around the same time "god" supposedly walked the earth.