• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills Game Thread

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I also think the Super Bowl need not to worry about hosting Belacheats

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who calls them the Jills but that is beyond stupid

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fellow fins fans, as I posted earlier, we arent out of it just yet - If the Charges and NE wins, we have a shot going into next week

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Jills" reference is from way back when the really sucked. Yes, they were worse.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the division clinched I was afraid NE would pull a Dolphins and coe out flat but they are doing the opposite vs Ravens hopefully it continues

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
103 yards of total offensive is not acceptable, I can't wait to hear Philbum explain that. I guess they do still have shot, but don't hold your breath that they can win a playoff game. What terrible play by Tannehill, esp after he was billed as a rising star by most after the win on PIT. He needs to take charge and make it happen on field for them to be successful.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philbum? Are we blaming the coaches again? That is getting a bit old. I know I have been critical of the play calling - But, either way the execution has been the biggest of problems and thats on the players alone. If you are expecting an “excuse” from Philbin you will be disappointed because he doesnt make excuses.He is a guy who will hold himself and anyone else necessary responsible for what goes on during games.

This one game, and not even the Pitt game decides whether Tannehill is or isnt a rising star - He still is because he has made great strides this season outside of the sacks and turnovers - He has done good things. He is still young and obviously still has things to work on.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play calling is a coaches job, I'm not a big Sherman fan and Philbin has him on his staff. I not sold on him (Philbin) or Tannehill. I know that the big issue is the patch work O line and that is where most problems start, but the Fins continue to lose games the should win and that is a problem.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play calling is a coaches job, but execution is a players job on the field -- where the game is ultimately decided regardless of circumstances, including play calling. I have not been happy with some of the play calls myself, but I wont ignore how many times they have helped this team succeed… That is the problem with this fan base, they are quick to point fingers in the down times but never give credit when it is do… It is a little ignorant honestly. I have said many times that Philbin should step in and have more to say about the plays that are called but that hasnt and wont happen. So, it is all on the players to execute. If they execute and make the plays, we dont have this conversation. Perspective.

In football more so than any sport those so called “ games they should win” are misleading - so many factors go into the game of football - really any team can win on any given sunday. The Fins as a team didnt show up.

Don’t forget there is other phases to the game. The defense was an atrocity. We didnt sack Thad nearly enough, pressure him enough, or create enough turnovers - Cant put that on Sherm… He has very little to do with the defense.

Still, if a few games continue to go our way the rest of today we will still be in it with much more favorable scenarios going into next week so ease up on the panic and frustration it isnt all that bad… yet.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers take the lead late in third and NE still holding the Ravens scoreless - For now, the Fins still have life

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Fins should have designed quick pass plays like the Pats did vs the Fins last week. It is no mystery that the Bills have the best pass rush in the league. Also, I would have liked to see a few more running plays by the Fins. RE the players: Tannehill needs to learn when to throw the ball away. He takes too many sacks for big losses. Part of that is the pass protection & the quality of the pass rush but he has some responsibility. The Fins' coaches had no answer for Robey in this game. The WR's dropped a few big passes. I don't blame the Fin's defense much at all. They only gave up 19pts in the game.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until last week, the Fins had struggled to put up 20+ points that is why I put some blame on the defense - Knowing that, you have to do a better job of withholding the offense from scoring on you and that just didnt happen.

I agree on the quick pass plays - That didnt happen nearly enough. The one time I do remember a quick pass it was on a screen behind the line of scrimmage - That play never works for the Fins. It is not a play they should call at all - Much less when your OL is struggling as was the case today. But, we need more slant passes and throws to the flats to be apart of the game plan. There were a few times the Fins went down field but they didnt execute on them and it didnt surprise me because the only time those plays ever work is if you have done your job and kept the defense on honest by doing damage with short and intermediate passes but that didnt happen.

There are a couple of things the Dolphins have not been able to do for years and it continues to hurt them and they have to try to address it when the draft comes around - that is: Fins need to find LBs that can cover TEs. And who can cover screen plays. And guys aggressive but also disciplined enough to bring preessure when necessary and finish the play.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE still up big and now the Chargers are up on OAK 20-10. Looks like we have life going into next week.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers now up 23-10

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not hitting panic button, I just want a winning team. The Fins have not been relevant since late 1990's. I will point to bad decisions by GM and/or ownership on drafts and free agent pick ups as a big part of my frustration. I really think they have a few pieces to build on, but want to see positive move for 2014. If they fall into the +/- game of .500 again, it will be a big fail, again.

Just win is all I ask.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, given the scenarios of the late games , all the Dolphins have to do next week is “ just win” and their in. And we play the Jets, so that makes matters easier. Lets help their front office in making the firing of Rex a lot easier by trashing them

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it is not as simple as just win and in for the Fins - Jump over to the thread I just created for the game next week against the Jets I will be posting the necessary scenarios for next week there.