• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins 2022-2023 Regular Season Week 1 vs New England Patriots Game Thread

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our offense is QB friendly and the staff won’t hesitate to let Tua walk at the end of his contract.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kept telling you guys they have a pop gun offence but big headed patsie fans wanted nothing to do with that. No way Mac is top 100 player what a joke.

Honestly is Jones "the answer" at QB probably not but it starts with coaching and the Patriots simply don't have it!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our offense is QB friendly and the staff won’t hesitate to let Tua walk at the end of his contract.
This year will be telling if he doesn't improve for sure they'll draft again. If they keep winning why not keep him unless the cost is unreasonable.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly is Jones "the answer" at QB probably not but it starts with coaching and the Patriots simply don't have it!
I wouldn't say you don't have coaching as BB is considered HOF? Offensively no doubt I agree but they also don't have much for weapons. Tua has had that same battle but still wins more than he loses I guess we'll see in time.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to agree that Tua really hasn't done anything impressive in this game at all
I say that throw over the middle to Waddle between three Pat defenders was pretty nice/

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say you don't have coaching as BB is considered HOF? Offensively no doubt I agree but they also don't have much for weapons. Tua has had that same battle but still wins more than he loses I guess we'll see in time.

Tua does have more weapons then Jones does but coaching is pathetic on this team. Patricia and Judge, give me an fing break!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say that throw over the middle to Waddle between three Pat defenders was pretty nice/

Yes that one was very nice. Though every time he throws it looks like he is in pain throwing it

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that one was very nice. Though every time he throws it looks like he is in pain throwing it
patsies were in pain after losing 4 straight to Tua....haha

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you blame the run game on Tua not the oline? Oh my. Tua Tagovailoa was 23-for-33 with 270 passing yards and a touchdown over 100 passer rating. Nothing special but he got a win so that's now 4-0 against the patsies and belicheat. Can't complain about that and they should get better when the oline gels and they get used to the new system.

With this start 2-2 would be awesome as it is tough. Even a short week in Cinci. Anything over 2-2 would be a miracle and set them up nicely for the year.
I blame the fact that the offense must be a pass happy offense in order to keep him feeling happy and useful .

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the fact that the offense must be a pass happy offense in order to keep him feeling happy and useful .
Come on Paolo they don't pass to keep the guy happy they pass because the oline isn't strong and rush yards are hard to come by. It's been like that for ages. I do agree that they should never give up and today they at least came back to the run in the end to close the game. That was nice to see because in the past they never would even under Flo. Something they need to work on and from what HC says they want to run the ball so it will happen eventually.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good post I read tonight:

I know some are disappointed we didnt have more fireworks on offense. But just some extra stats to keep today's performance in perspective. Last year only 3 QBs threw for 270+ yards against NE:

Josh Allen, Dak Prescott and David Mills (don't know how this guy pulled that off, but kuddos to him).

Also Tua's 104 QB rating for the game is pretty good. If he had that rating for the year last year it would be good for 3rd in the NFL (credit to Joe Scad w/ the stat on twitter)

The really encouraging thing is we know he and the entire offense can play better. Lots of meat still on the bone.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua was voted team Captain. I think a lot of that was because he showed a commitment to learning the new offense, improving and helping others to learn and improve.

His high passer rating came with a new system and new coaches. I expect that they will keep getting better as a group.

The Fins dealt with injuries at OT yet still won.
The Fins have better coaching now and this game showed that. Also there is more talent and depth on the roster.

McDaniel and staff chose to count on their young talent at CB. Kohou played great along with the others. At safety Jones stepped up with Rowe out.

Ogbah and his teammates brought a very good pass rush.

It was a team victory. Coach gave all the players a ball. That's a great way for them to remember their first victory together.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win , but this is not Brady’s cheatriots . Defense and special teams carried Terrible Tua as usual . Not surprised with the ks k of production by the run game . As has been the case for a while , the Dolphins are too pass happy in order to satisfy terrible so the running game has to suffer .

The Dolphins have to now deal with tougher opponents the next few weeks . Truer test are yet to come .
I'm really sorry Tua carried the Dolphins to a win. Really sorry!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Paolo they don't pass to keep the guy happy they pass because the oline isn't strong and rush yards are hard to come by. It's been like that for ages. I do agree that they should never give up and today they at least came back to the run in the end to close the game. That was nice to see because in the past they never would even under Flo. Something they need to work on and from what HC says they want to run the ball so it will happen eventually.
I said what I said .

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good post I read tonight:

I know some are disappointed we didnt have more fireworks on offense. But just some extra stats to keep today's performance in perspective. Last year only 3 QBs threw for 270+ yards against NE:

Josh Allen, Dak Prescott and David Mills (don't know how this guy pulled that off, but kuddos to him).

Also Tua's 104 QB rating for the game is pretty good. If he had that rating for the year last year it would be good for 3rd in the NFL (credit to Joe Scad w/ the stat on twitter)

The really encouraging thing is we know he and the entire offense can play better. Lots of meat still on the bone.
Joe Schad has become a terrible analyst/reporter since coming on with the Dolphins. He was much better as a national reporter— but maybe there was a reason for the demotion . He is the worst possible source of information regarding terrible Tua— has been on his wang just as long if not longer than the clowns in here . Long before he was even drafted . He is never willing to be critical when it’s warranted because it would go against the hype he was selling about terrible Tua.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins win toss - defer to the second half — and immediately pay for it. But smart to try to go defense first when you lack a quality QB