• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins 2022-2023 Regular Season Week17 vs. New England Cheatriots.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start the New Year right with a loss to the Patriots.
Squish the fish

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots, like the Dolphins, could make the Playoffs if we win out.
This will be a very big game?
Patriots lose this - we're out. Period.
Dolphins lose this they'd have to beat the Jets and get some help from other teams.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Tua will have to undergo a lot of testing to be cleared.
Seems unlikely that it would get done in time for him to play.
If cleared but did not practice at all this week, would you start him?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if this is the beginning to the end of Tua. I have a hard time thinking these concussions will not continue one and at some point in near future he just has to retire. That will make Paolo very happy and then he will have to find someone else to blame for the Dolphins failure to succeed.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if this is the beginning to the end of Tua. I have a hard time thinking these concussions will not continue one and at some point in near future he just has to retire. That will make Paolo very happy and then he will have to find someone else to blame for the Dolphins failure to succeed.
I agree. Hopefully he’ll actually listen to good doctors if they tell him that he should retire. I‘d just wonder who they’d bring in to replace him if that were to happen. Not sure if you’d find a day one starter wherever the Dolphins end up picking in round two. There are some out there that could possibly be had via free agency or trade: Lamar Jackson (if the Ravens can‘t agree with him and don’t franchise tag him), Aaron Rodgers, Marcus Mariotta, Derek Carr, Tom Brady, Jimmy G, Zach Wilson, Baker Mayfield are the ones I can think off just off the top of my head as there might be more I’m not thinking of.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Hopefully he’ll actually listen to good doctors if they tell him that he should retire. I‘d just wonder who they’d bring in to replace him if that were to happen. Not sure if you’d find a day one starter wherever the Dolphins end up picking in round two. There are some out there that could possibly be had via free agency or trade: Lamar Jackson (if the Ravens can‘t agree with him and don’t franchise tag him), Aaron Rodgers, Marcus Mariotta, Derek Carr, Tom Brady, Jimmy G, Zach Wilson, Baker Mayfield are the ones I can think off just off the top of my head as there might be more I’m not thinking of.
You name mostly "bridge" QB's.
Baker Mayfield has a lot of years left and has shown an ability to play
Derk Carr Is a good QB and his stats have not tapered off,
Lamar Jackson is who he is - one bad hit from a very bad investment but?????
The rest are done or never were......

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You name mostly "bridge" QB's.
Baker Mayfield has a lot of years left and has shown an ability to play
Derk Carr Is a good QB and his stats have not tapered off,
Lamar Jackson is who he is - one bad hit from a very bad investment but?????
The rest are done or never were......
I wouldn’t be shocked if Baker stays with the Rams on another one year deal since Stafford has been banged up a lot lately.
I personally wouldn’t want Brady just because I think he should’ve stayed retired after last season. Don’t know how much Rodgers has left. A lot of the others I agree are more backup types than starters. Wondering if Carr just needs a new start since it seems like his time with Vegas is done.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t be shocked if Baker stays with the Rams on another one year deal since Stafford has been banged up a lot lately.
I personally wouldn’t want Brady just because I think he should’ve stayed retired after last season. Don’t know how much Rodgers has left. A lot of the others I agree are more backup types than starters. Wondering if Carr just needs a new start since it seems like his time with Vegas is done.
I always liked Carr. I wanted him not Garapollo in NE draft.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could potentially see that backfiring if that’s the case since they’re playing their hand and teams will low ball them on offers just to wait and see if they’ll cut him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could potentially see that backfiring if that’s the case since they’re playing their hand and teams will low ball them on offers just to wait and see if they’ll cut him.
They cant afford to cut him????? but they will save $39 million 2024?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They cant afford to cut him????? but they will save $39 million 2024?
I never said they couldn’t afford it. I just feel like it’ll hurt a potential return if they do try to trade him since the cats out of the bag.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they couldn’t afford it. I just feel like it’ll hurt a potential return if they do try to trade him since the cats out of the bag.
Every trick or process will be used in the NFL.
Carr is a viable starting QB and that puts him in the top 16 - maybe one of top 5 available?

If you low ball, someone else will make better offer.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of us who care of the good of this organization— can only hope this is the beginning of the end of Terrible Tua.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team can afford any more injuries.
Let's hope neither team gts any.
Should be an interesting game with everybody out of both NE and Miami secondaries??????