• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins 2022-2023 Regular Season Week 2 @ Baltimore Ravens Game Thread

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a bit different. NE took Jones because the Brady era was in the last stages and they knew that. 9ers took Lance because they wanted to move Jimmy G out, Hurts was taken because of injury issues with Wentz.
They still had a roster and didn’t consider it rebuilding by taking a new QB.

I like Tua but he might not be worth that 40M/yr (with who knows how much garunteed) by 2024.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a bit different. NE took Jones because the Brady era was in the last stages and they knew that. 9ers took Lance because they wanted to move Jimmy G out, Hurts was taken because of injury issues with Wentz.
Brady was already gone.
We had Cam Newton - Cam Newton!
That was why we took Jones. We were definitely rebuilding.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still had a roster and didn’t consider it rebuilding by taking a new QB.

I like Tua but he might not be worth that 40M/yr (with who knows how much garunteed) by 2024.
I'm not against drafting another QB BF as it's an important position and you aren't wrong economics can be huge...but at the same time it's not that easy to find a replacement as we found out over the years. Either way I keep drafting one even late to hope you find one and who knows maybe Thompson is that guy. We'll know more after this season because if Tua does take a few more steps it would be difficult to just toss him aside although you could do what the niners did with Montana back in the day.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, if there is a good QB there at a value, sure. But I wouldn't sacrifice a good high round pick on a QB if need is elsewhere unless Tua doesn't hit the mark this year. If he struggles then yes.. Never bad idea to have competition, but if Tua looks to be the guy this season, why not stay with him ??

What say you Paolo????

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, if there is a good QB there at a value, sure. But I wouldn't sacrifice a good high round pick on a QB if need is elsewhere unless Tua doesn't hit the mark this year. If he struggles then yes.. Never bad idea to have competition, but if Tua looks to be the guy this season, why not stay with him ??

What say you Paolo????
Tua seems to be struggling this year in Paolo's book while he is incidently, leading the NFL in passing yards

Can't make this shit up!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua seems to be struggling this year in Paolo's book while he is incidently, leading the NFL in passing yards

Can't make this shit up!
He's leading the league in passing because they want to make him happy or he'll cry himself to bed and go home to Hawaii. (Paolo's explanation) It's not because they don't have a great running game yet can't be....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tua hate is getting more and more ridiculous. He just won offensive player of the week in the NFL. Tua deserved the honor. Remember he won a championship in college with a clutch throw. He has it in him to make plays. It's a team honor but he's playing his part in McDaniel's offense. What I notice with the coaching is that they trust Tua and the other players.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tua hate is getting more and more ridiculous. He just won offensive player of the week in the NFL. Tua deserved the honor. Remember he won a championship in college with a clutch throw. He has it in him to make plays. It's a team honor but he's playing his part in McDaniel's offense. What I notice with the coaching is that they trust Tua and the other players.
I think the Tua hate has one source.