• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Merry Christmas to All

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No where did I imply Marino was a scrub, just the opposite, in fact.

The comparison was to a supremely confident and talented QB playing playing in his first superbowl in his second year, losing and consoling himself with the assumption that he'd be back again. I was agreeing with SFAnthem's comment, i.e. "Thing is NFL is harder to come back from this". Many a slip twixt the cup and the lip, there is. Great teams have trouble enough reaching and winning a superbowl, this niner team is not great. Very good, very talented, but schematically mediocre, and unpolished at a few key positions, IMO.

Funny how you now claim to having "been a kid" to excuse your ignorance of the Dolphin era in question, yet earlier you were implying knowledge enough to compare that team to this niners team. Just speak to what you know, and try to actually comprehend what others are writing. You'll have a much more fruitful time on these boards if you stick to that formula.

Yes, Papa.
:lame:

I shoulda typed '4' instead of '2' and then my ignorance would have gone unnoticed. I guess my Watsonian date memorization skillz need work.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, Papa.
:lame:

I shoulda typed '4' instead of '2' and then my ignorance would have gone unnoticed. I guess my Watsonian date memorization skillz need work.

Maybe not unnoticed, just not so easily and tersely exposed. Thanks for saving me a few minutes of typing.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not unnoticed, just not so easily and tersely exposed. Thanks for saving me a few minutes of typing.

No problem, doing what I can to help!

:rollseyes:

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all boiled down to shitty Niner D...same as it ever was....

WOW. Boy was it ever shitty. And not just against the Ravens, this same D was SHREDDED most of the game at Atlanta and a good portion of the game vs Green Bay. Same 11 starters from last year, and mind you last years D was dominant. So a year later, THIS? Injuries maybe? Lack of deph? Both?...Now they werent THIS bad the entire season, they were actually good most of the season. This is all started in that Week 15 game at New England, that second half 28 point meltdown. Gotta draft a CB or two, DL deph as Justin wont be around forever, and maybe a K at some point..Culliver has really disappointed me in the playoffs and especially yesterday being burned on that long TD and he doesent even touch the guy! This coming days after his case of diarhea of the mouth in making homophobic statements.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You're such a front runner. Here's Danny's Wiki page. I love Kap's tools, but let's give him a few more than ten games before we assume he makes Marino look like some scrub in comparison.

And in 1982 Marino was at Pitt. But if you think he was playing for the Dolphins during the strike, well that's your trip, man.

Wow...the post SB HAMMER.

Tony (don't call me Bobby) Abreu is a Giant:

Giants Claim Tony Abreu: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter+Pence+World+Series+Detroit+Tigers+v+v5qGtsCU6Wvl.jpg