• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Mora.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's right Melvin Mora!

Fantasy Baseball Breaking News - Rotoworld.com

Melvin Mora: Mora drawing interest from Giants & Reds?

Melvin Mora told Venezuelan newspaper Líder en Deportes that he will fly to the United States this weekend to begin negotiations with the Giants and Reds.

The story was passed along by MLB Trade Rumors. Mora said his agent received offers from both teams last week, but he didn't yet know the terms. The 40-year-old reportedly turned down a minor league offer from the Rangers in February because he preferred to sign with a team on the East Coast. He batted just .228/.244/.276 in 135 plate appearances last season for the Diamondbacks.
May. 17 - 10:49 pm et
Source: Líder en Deportes

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fack! Are you serious?!? Apparently Sabes was so disgusted with his moves this offseason in making this team younger that he had to hedge his bets by summoning Mora from the Venezuelan Geriatric League. Sweet. I'm sure that his average at best (three years ago) glove coupled with his .228 BA will seem very refreshing for us in the lunatic fringe.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fack! Are you serious?!? Apparently Sabes was so disgusted with his moves this offseason in making this team younger that he had to hedge his bets by summoning Mora from the Venezuelan Geriatric League. Sweet. I'm sure that his average at best (three years ago) glove coupled with his .228 BA will seem very refreshing for us in the lunatic fringe.

Yeah but that's the thing about the lunatic fringe...it's a gaggle of pitchfork carrying dullards who pantshat on demand.

:lm::lm:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that's the thing about the lunatic fringe...it's a gaggle of pitchfork carrying dullards who pantshat on demand.

lol, that should be the next Giants giveaway..orange n black pitchforks so the fans can really get into character.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with regards to Mora. He hasn't been relevant in years. Yet at 40 yrs old, he is what we are looking at as a potential replacement while Panda is down? I'd rather see Dominguez or someone in our upper minors who could potentially play the position at near the level that Mora can, which isn't exactly asking for the moon. That has nothing to do with a pantshat moment, that's just looking at the situation realistically. Mora hasn't been good in like half a decade. Is he really much of an upgrade from Arias at 3b and Crawford at SS? I would argue no.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Calm the fuck down, people:

The other infielder linked to the Giants in recent rumors is 40-year-old Melvin Mora, who told a Spanish-language newspaper that he was traveling to the U.S. to work out for teams. Mora said he had offers from the Reds and Giants.

But Giants VP Bobby Evans told me he has only acknowledged one text message from the agent for the 40-year-old infielder, and that no offers have been extended.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm the fuck down, people:

But Giants VP Bobby Evans told me he has only acknowledged one text message from the agent for the 40-year-old infielder, and that no offers have been extended.

It could also be "I got one half-way interested bite from the Reds, so let's talk up multiple-team interest so I can get a better contract".

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since VP Bobby Evans appears to be saying they aren't really interested, I was thinking that the Giants' supposed interest is a smokescreen for the Reds.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3