• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melo Wanted Rondo

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of that? Melo wanted a true PG to play next to him. If they gave up two top picks and take on some bad contracts like Bass and Lee, I'd say it's a good idea. I love Rondo and want to build around him, but it sounds like it's not going to happen though.

Report: Carmelo Anthony wanted Knicks to add Rajon Rondo - CBSSports.com

Thoughts?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this still a possibility? If so, Knicks might be pretty darn good. I gotta think the Knicks do SOMETHING to stay competitive out East. They lost some players due to retirement, they haven't really gained anyone, yet Brooklyn just got a whole lot better.

I would imagine the Knicks must have something up their sleeves. Otherwise they are nothing more than a 6-8 seed and out in first round.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of that? Melo wanted a true PG to play next to him. If they gave up two top picks and take on some bad contracts like Bass and Lee, I'd say it's a good idea. I love Rondo and want to build around him, but it sounds like it's not going to happen though.

Report: Carmelo Anthony wanted Knicks to add Rajon Rondo - CBSSports.com

Thoughts?

Smart move for a ballhog loser like Carmelo - but I don't think the two could co-exist together on the same team - Rondo is far too professional at his job for Carmelo and Carmelo is far to unprofessional for Rondo and not nearly good enough

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move for a ballhog loser like Carmelo - but I don't think the two could co-exist together on the same team - Rondo is far too professional at his job for Carmelo and Carmelo is far to unprofessional for Rondo and not nearly good enough

I mean Rondo brings the ball up and sets up the O. Sometimes it's getting Melo open looks and 3's. Sometimes it's getting other guys open looks and then sometimes Melo just goes one on one. I think Danny has something up his sleeve.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picture Rondo going against KG and Pierce.

1. Rondo
2. Shump/JR
3. Melo
4. Bargnani/Amare
5. Chandler

That team could compete in the east.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 days ago:

"Maybe the assumption is that we'll give away any of our players," Ainge said on Monday, listing not just Rondo but Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger and first-round draft pick Kelly Olynyk as players who have attracted interest.

"There's been calls for all those guys. And maybe the assumption is we are just changing everybody, but we're not. We're starting to get younger."

DUMB CBS article, considering it makes it sound as if NY turned a trade that could have landed Rondo. Matt Moore is an idiot

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Rondo brings the ball up and sets up the O. Sometimes it's getting Melo open looks and 3's. Sometimes it's getting other guys open looks and then sometimes Melo just goes one on one. I think Danny has something up his sleeve.

If Danny is smart, he is going to dump that piece of shit(Carmello Anthony) and get Rondo :lol:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if Danny is smart he'll dump a player who's not currently on the Celtics roster and add one who currently is.

:stupidfuck:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if Danny is smart he'll drop a player who's not currently on the Celtics roster and add one who currently is.

:stupidfuck:

:laugh3::laugh3:

I think TLF has an early start on his drink.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 days ago:

"Maybe the assumption is that we'll give away any of our players," Ainge said on Monday, listing not just Rondo but Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger and first-round draft pick Kelly Olynyk as players who have attracted interest.

"There's been calls for all those guys. And maybe the assumption is we are just changing everybody, but we're not. We're starting to get younger."

DUMB CBS article, considering it makes it sound as if NY turned a trade that could have landed Rondo. Matt Moore is an idiot

Hell if the Celtics can dump Bass and Lee I'd be happy. Just to help the cap.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo will be a constant trade talk all year. Everybody wants the guy and that contract. It will need to be very compelling as it would be a short term step back. Maybe Rondo is in the right place to take the next step and be the man. fun year ahead. Funny to see the Lakers/Heat and Spurs as the old dogs of the league now

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that his name will constantly be brought up or teams will ask about him. He's basically been on a contender the whole time he's been in Boston (except rookie year) and we'll find out how his attitude will be during a rebuilding process.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lineup with Rondo and Chandler will struggle with spacing. Having Rondo would take away the best part about the Knicks which is their small ball game. Its hard to play isolation basketball when you have two non-shooters on the court (Thats why the heat O struggled with Wade on the court the last two series) so Melo who we all know loves Iso's would be even less efficient. Rondo would get Melo plenty of open shots, but then you are relegating Melo to a glorified spot up shooter which doesn't seem like something you want to do.

Also, Bargnani is WAY overrated. He is shooting 32% on threes the past 3 years.

I just don't seen rondo being a good fit for the this team. Only lineup i could see working would be with bargnani playing center, melo PF. But then the D goes to hell.