• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melky Suspended

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad tzill vamoosed, the Melky stuff would have brought out some intense posts. That dude was pretty tightly wound.

I would like to hear what he thinks about this situation too. I have a feeling it would be entertaining reading.

That, and a random burst of anti-semitism at the same time, and he threw in the towel. But like I said, the guy was pretty tight, when filo in the context of a baseball argument told him to 'fuck off' he decided to do exactly that.

I'm glad you saw it that way msg and I hope the rest of you did too. I never meant to say "fuck off" as in, get the hell off of these boards. I'd never say that to anybody on this board. I enjoy reading a bunch of different educated opinions and perspectives even if I whole-heartedly disagree with them.

What happened to tz? Did he mention a vaca or something?

Wow...

I just looked it up.

Of all posters, for tz to storm off like that in that situation is quite Krukow-ish. He has dished out MUCH harsher tongue lashings on a regular basis for the last 7 or 8 years.

Regardless, he will be missed. Pit bulls may be vicsious, but they are still part of the family.

As for the above two posts cal (not to speak for tz, but.....), I messaged tz just to make sure he was all good. He said he's been super busy with work recently and that he was very "frustrated" with our (mine and his) exchange so he decided to take a break from posting for awhile. He said he'd probably be back posting again in September.

Again, not to speak for him (as this is pure conjecture on my part), but I think it was a conglomeration of a bunch of different factors. I think he is stressed/busy at work, and he probably felt a little bombarded by the backlash/jokes from the numerous Arias/Ramirez posts as well. I meant to say all of my Ramirez/Arias posts with heavy sarcasm, but perhaps I missed a couple of "smilies" in there and he took them seriously. Of that, I don't know. I know he was frustrated as all hell with me, but looking back again and again at the exchange (trying to be as objective as possible.....though I know I can't be truly objective), I don't think that I was overly harsh until one comment from him.....and I did apologize for my reaction. I also thought he'd realize I was saying "fuck off" in the "give me a fucking break" type meaning, but I see how it could be misconstrued.

.....and you're right, if he does decide to leave, he will be missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to hear what he thinks about this situation too. I have a feeling it would be entertaining reading.

I'm glad you saw it that way msg and I hope the rest of you did too. I never meant to say "fuck off" as in, get the hell off of these boards. I'd never say that to anybody on this board. I enjoy reading a bunch of different educated opinions and perspectives even if I whole-heartedly disagree with them.

As for the above two posts cal (not to speak for tz, but.....), I messaged tz just to make sure he was all good. He said he's been super busy with work recently and that he was very "frustrated" with our (mine and his) exchange so he decided to take a break from posting for awhile. He said he'd probably be back posting again in September.

Again, not to speak for him (as this is pure conjecture on my part), but I think it was a conglomeration of a bunch of different factors. I think he is stressed/busy at work, and he probably felt a little bombarded by the backlash/jokes from the numerous Arias/Ramirez posts as well. I meant to say all of my Ramirez/Arias posts with heavy sarcasm, but perhaps I missed a couple of "smilies" in there and he took them seriously. Of that, I don't know. I know he was frustrated as all hell with me, but looking back again and again at the exchange (trying to be as objective as possible.....though I know I can't be truly objective), I don't think that I was overly harsh until one comment from him.....and I did apologize for my reaction. I also thought he'd realize I was saying "fuck off" in the "give me a fucking break" type meaning, but I see how it could be misconstrued.

I sure would hate to see tzill go. Especially for Susac's sake.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the most realistic option for the Giants right now? I check out the mlbtraderumors site, and names like Francoeur, Pierre, and Hairston mentioned. They also mentioned Soriano, but he apparently doesn't want to come here. He hasn't ruled it out, however, as he said he would talk to his family if he were approached about a trade.

I've also heard people talking about Willingham, Cody Ross, Podsednik. There are also some old veterans out there like Vlad and Damon.

Francoeur is terrible, and Pierre, Podsednik and Hairston would never make it to us in waivers because they're not expensive and a team below us would claim them. I also think that some team would claim Willingham. Willingham's owed a good amount of money still, but he's a stud. Ross would probably get claimed too because he's not owed too much more money and is still a productive player. Vlad, Damon and the other old guys are out of a job for a reason: they can't get the job done anymore.

To me, Soriano's the best bet. I know he said he doesn't want to come here, but he hasn't ruled it out and it appears at least that he is open to being persuaded to waive his veto rights. If it's not Soriano, I think we just have to look in-house for a solution. Maybe roll the dice with Gary Brown. Maybe Blanco can somehow play like he did at the beginning of the season. Maybe platoon some guys.

Anyway, my post is already too long. What does everyone think?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the most realistic option for the Giants right now? I check out the mlbtraderumors site, and names like Francoeur, Pierre, and Hairston mentioned. They also mentioned Soriano, but he apparently doesn't want to come here. He hasn't ruled it out, however, as he said he would talk to his family if he were approached about a trade.

I've also heard people talking about Willingham, Cody Ross, Podsednik. There are also some old veterans out there like Vlad and Damon.

Francoeur is terrible, and Pierre, Podsednik and Hairston would never make it to us in waivers because they're not expensive and a team below us would claim them. I also think that some team would claim Willingham. Willingham's owed a good amount of money still, but he's a stud. Ross would probably get claimed too because he's not owed too much more money and is still a productive player. Vlad, Damon and the other old guys are out of a job for a reason: they can't get the job done anymore.

To me, Soriano's the best bet. I know he said he doesn't want to come here, but he hasn't ruled it out and it appears at least that he is open to being persuaded to waive his veto rights. If it's not Soriano, I think we just have to look in-house for a solution. Maybe roll the dice with Gary Brown. Maybe Blanco can somehow play like he did at the beginning of the season. Maybe platoon some guys.

Anyway, my post is already too long. What does everyone think?

I think right team, wrong guy. I like David DeJesus. Obviously, they aren't going to replace Melky's production, but another major league player capable of batting 2nd or 6th wouldn't hurt. I don't know if he is on waivers, though.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sent tzill a message as well. I basically said: shit happens, and we want you back.

I miss the guy's posts big time.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melky's an even bigger jackass than I thought...

MLB Melky Cabrera eyed for failed plot? - ESPN

San Francisco Giants star outfielder Melky Cabrera mounted a campaign to avoid his 50-game suspension that included a fake website featuring a fictitious product in an effort that was quickly uncovered by MLB investigators, the New York Daily News has reported.

What a fuckin total tool, what an embarrassment. Screw him even more.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Melky's an even bigger jackass than I thought...

MLB Melky Cabrera eyed for failed plot? - ESPN

San Francisco Giants star outfielder Melky Cabrera mounted a campaign to avoid his 50-game suspension that included a fake website featuring a fictitious product in an effort that was quickly uncovered by MLB investigators, the New York Daily News has reported.

What a fuckin total tool, what an embarrassment. Screw him even more.

How do you conclude that it was a Melky plot all along? Dude's just out there to play ball. Something doesn't seem right in light of the bullshit that Nunez and co tried to accomplish. For all we know those assholes told Melky to file the challenge leaving the others to "handle" the rest, probably knowing it would be Melky taking the fall in the media while covering their tracks. Is it surprising that the agents completely denied any knowledge of the matter? Collateral damage at its finest, I would think.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tinfoil3::tinfoil3:

Crazy Conspiracy Warning!!!!

With the MLB Front office so intimately involved with the testing...

And new ownership in LA...

And LA being a big market...

dot
dot
dot

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:tinfoil3:

dot
dot
dot

If the Giants were five up, I might half-way believe this, which is only slightly more believable than our Secret Agent Ned jokes. :thumb:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dot
dot
dot

Except the center of the conspiracy admitted that the official story is actually what happened.

If LBJ wrote a book before he died where he admitted he had JFK killed...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the center of the conspiracy admitted that the official story is actually what happened.

If LBJ wrote a book before he died where he admitted he had JFK killed...

I think he just means ordering the test, not planting evidence, or something. The underlying factor is that he had to have tested positive once before to get the suspension, correct? That seems like a bigger impetus for the test than a stronger Dodger brand.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just means ordering the test, not planting evidence, or something. The underlying factor is that he had to have tested positive once before to get the suspension, correct? That seems like a bigger impetus for the test than a stronger Dodger brand.

If Conte is right, and about 50% of MLB players are dirty, then they could nail just about anyone they want at any time.

Why not Kemp? Why was it one of the Giants best hitters?

Let me be clear...

I am NOT a believer in an overt conspiracy. I am just pointing out the dirtiness that potentially exists with the current system. (I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin')

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Conte is right, and about 50% of MLB players are dirty, then they could nail just about anyone they want at any time.

Why not Kemp? Why was it one of the Giants best hitters?

Let me be clear...

I am NOT a believer in an overt conspiracy. I am just pointing out the dirtiness that potentially exists with the current system. (I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin')

The bolded assumption makes any argument collapse

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would feel the same way except that our experience with Jose Canseco showed that sometimes the most notorious person out there can wind up looking like the most credible.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would feel the same way except that our experience with Jose Canseco showed that sometimes the most notorious person out there can wind up looking like the most credible.

Canseco is more believable to me.

Marty Lurie had a great quote re Conte: "He says a lot about stuff he knows little about, and only a little about stuff he knows a lot about."

I do agree there's still plenty of juicing going on but more like 10-20% not 50%.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Canseco and Caminitti said about the the same thing when they were speaking on the subject, and they both proved to be right...

Related note...

Anyone else think Canseco belongs in the journalism wing of the HOF?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Canseco and Caminitti said about the the same thing when they were speaking on the subject, and they both proved to be right...

Related note...

Anyone else think Canseco belongs in the journalism wing of the HOF?

I didn't know there was a Steroid HOF... :confused2:

When they were speaking on it it probably did approach 50%. With today's testing and penalties there's no freaking way.