• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Media Coverage?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN not give a shit about the 49ers?

Even if they don't they will eventually (If we don't fall apart to fast) because there is available stories to sell.

I don't care about their coverage anymore, I get news from the local reporters, I don't need ESPN to tell me their opinion of the facts. I don't care if they respect us, All I need is 49ers returning to dominance, that would speak for itself and be undeniable. Fuck what they think.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
at 4-1, how can they not? for sure they'll play up next weeks game whether Detroit win or lose tomorrow.

prefer the low key from the media, the reason is exactly what all fans know. but for the moment i understand the craving for recognition. so "for the moment" do enjoy these wins, its been awhile.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, I typed "fall a part" when I posted it, and after I noticed it I stared for a while, and wondered what was wrong. It was only a millisecond, but the response time was way to slow for someone with my experience in life.

You guys are lucky I have spell check ad-ons.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The less respect they get the bigger the chip on their shoulder

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is something you won't hear mentioned in the media. The 49ers lead the NFL in point differential at +64. The Packers and Ravens are next in line at +62, with Detroit at 4th place with +59. Depending on how the MNF game goes, at worst the 49ers will be 2nd in the NFL in this category after tomorrow night.

NFL Standings (ESPN)

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would say if we beat Detroit we'll get some respect. In the eyes of the talking heads we haven't beaten anyone considered elite or playing at a high level.

There is a lot of hype behind Detroit in the media and will be even more if they win Monday night so beating them when they are playing at a high level will force everyone to take notice.

Also to be fair more and more positive pieces are being written about us and I'm even hearing Harbaugh is an early favorite for Coach of the Year so far with Chan Gailey being a very close second. So it's not like we're completely unnoticed.

dez

Town Drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!?!?!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Gailey(unbelievable) and Harbs should definitely be considered coach of the years IMO.... if both make the playoffs, i could see co-winners.

The lack of media pisses me as a fan just because i want them to get notice! but at the same time, less attention the better for our boys, can't let it go over there heads. Still lots of season to play.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Gailey(unbelievable) and Harbs should definitely be considered coach of the years IMO.... if both make the playoffs, i could see co-winners.

The lack of media pisses me as a fan just because i want them to get notice! but at the same time, less attention the better for our boys, can't let it go over there heads. Still lots of season to play.

I was actually just about to post a thread on this very topic before i saw this.

"If" Harbs can keep this job up i don't see how he shouldn't be considered for Coach of the year. Gailey obviously deserves consideration after what he's done with Faitzpatrick, but Harbaugh is not only coaching this team to win games nobody thought we could win, but also calling the plays and coaching up Alex Smith to have the 3rd highest QB rating out of all NFL QB's. Who in their right mind would have predicted that at the beginning of the year?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Harbaugh's not calling the plays. He's relaying the plays to Smith from Roman, and has the right to call his own if he chooses.

I also don't think it's fair to talk about everything Harbaugh is doing as a reason to choose him over Gailey when we don't really know how much Gailey is involved in with the Bills. Would anyone be surprised to learn Gailey is calling plays in Buffalo? He's a former NFL OC.

We are obviously much more in tune with what Harbaugh is doing than Gailey. At this point however, I think the three leading candidates for Coach of the Year have to be Harbaugh, Gailey and Schwartz.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue Jackson is also in that conversation at this point.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Schwartz has to be too. Inheriting an 0-16 team, and in his 3rd year they look to seriously challenge Green Bay for the NFC North.

schwartz.jpg

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT was the lead on PTI. They also did a segment on Around the Horn.

Now the media is jumping on the 9ers bandwagon. Not sure if I like it or not. It was sort of fun flying under the radar.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh's not calling the plays. He's relaying the plays to Smith from Roman, and has the right to call his own if he chooses.

I also don't think it's fair to talk about everything Harbaugh is doing as a reason to choose him over Gailey when we don't really know how much Gailey is involved in with the Bills. Would anyone be surprised to learn Gailey is calling plays in Buffalo? He's a former NFL OC.

We are obviously much more in tune with what Harbaugh is doing than Gailey. At this point however, I think the three leading candidates for Coach of the Year have to be Harbaugh, Gailey and Schwartz.

You're right, but i am assuming Gailey is a big part of that Offense and i would be surprised to hear otherwise. It's obviously way too early to give the nod to Harbaugh, but Gailey wasn't doing this well with the team in his first year (or Schwartz for that matter). I realize it's only based on this years performance, but the quick turn around in my mind gives Harbs a slight advantage. Harbaugh is the voice in Alex's ear and that appears to be going very well (whatever he is doing).

I agree that those should be the top 3 candidates for Coach of the Year (so far). McCarthy should also be strongly considered and i don't think it's fair to exclude him because they have Aaron Rodgers or the fact that they won the Super Bowl last year.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT was the lead on PTI. They also did a segment on Around the Horn.

Now the media is jumping on the 9ers bandwagon. Not sure if I like it or not. It was sort of fun flying under the radar.

I saw both shows today and Around the Horn was not jumping on the 49ers bandwagon at all. They talked about how they felt about Harbaugh letting Morgan stay in the game to get injured. They then went on to say that it was a big loss because Morgan is our best play maker. I wanted to punch Woody Paige in the face for all the shit talking he was doing and this was all after he was on Tim Tebow's nut sack for the first segment of the show. They didn't even mention how well we are doing until the last couple of seconds and only one person actually gave the 49ers any credit (Jones i believe).

PTI however spent their first few minutes talking about the 49ers and how they believe in this team. Kudos to them for actually giving the 49ers some credit.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Lions win tonight so we can go in and take them out next week. Our Secondary looks improved with Goldson being back. We will see where we are at next Sunday.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piss on ESPN they fired Hank and I won't turn their crap on the rest of my life. All they do is suck off the east coast or trendy teams. The Niners would have to be 15-0 for ESPN to do a story on them.