• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Media Coverage?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piss on ESPN they fired Hank and I won't turn their crap on the rest of my life. All they do is suck off the east coast or trendy teams. The Niners would have to be 15-0 for ESPN to do a story on them.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but if they fired him because he compared Bush to Hitler would you still be this mad at them?

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) They wouldn't have fired him if he had said it about Bush. B) If they had I'd still be mad at them. The only difference between Bush and Obama Is Bush was a republican idiot and Obama is a democrat idiot. Athletes and everyone else gets to say stupid crap hell you can electrocute and torture dogs and hey you still get a job. But if your not part of the IN Trendy crowd and you don't obey the media... your fired. He said something stupid apologized should be end of the sentence. It is for others. My political views are simple fire every damned SOB in Washington and start over. Supposed to be free speech not your free to say what we want you to say.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) They wouldn't have fired him if he had said it about Bush. B) If they had I'd still be mad at them. The only difference between Bush and Obama Is Bush was a republican idiot and Obama is a democrat idiot. Athletes and everyone else gets to say stupid crap hell you can electrocute and torture dogs and hey you still get a job. But if your not part of the IN Trendy crowd and you don't obey the media... your fired. He said something stupid apologized should be end of the sentence. It is for others. My political views are simple fire every damned SOB in Washington and start over. Supposed to be free speech not your free to say what we want you to say.

I was just making sure. Not trying to get into a political debate with you no matter what your opinion is on either of them. However, ESPN is considered conservative and made the decision to fire him anyways.

You can't really believe Hank Williams Jr. was sorry for what he did. You could tell in the interview how much he believed in what he was saying. How is he supposed to be the the front man for MNF when he just called out the president as "the enemy"?

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was just making sure. Not trying to get into a political debate with you no matter what your opinion is on either of them. However, ESPN is considered conservative and made the decision to fire him anyways.

You can't really believe Hank Williams Jr. was sorry for what he did. You could tell in the interview how much he believed in what he was saying. How is he supposed to be the the front man for MNF when he just called out the president as "the enemy"?

Out of curiosity did you have a problem with Kanye saying something about Bush that time? Or is it only a problem when Hank says something about Obama?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Kayne said anything about Bush to be honest, because i don't give a shit about Kayne.

I don't care what anyone says about anyone, but calling the president "Hitler" and "the enemy" on national T.V. when you are one of the faces of Monday Night Football which millions of people watch. Can you honestly blame the network for firing him? They had to do something or they would have lost some of their supporters.

Last edited by a moderator:

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I didn't know Kayne said anything about Bush to be honest, because i don't give a shit about Kayne.

I don't care what anyone says about anyone, but calling the president "Hitler" and "the enemy" on national T.V. when you are one of the faces of Monday Night Football which millions of people watch. Can you honestly blame the network for firing him? They had to do something or they would have lost some of their supporters.

Oh no, I totally dont have a problem with them firing him. I hated that goofy song.. and I dont care for Kanye or Hank for that matter either. Nor do I care for Bush or Obama. Kanye said Bush didnt like black people on a televised fundraiser for hurricane katrina...thats a VERY polarizing statement, to me right up there with what Hank said. Yet it was considered one of the coolest moments of 2005. I just want to make sure we all agree that both were idiots for saying what they did.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, I totally dont have a problem with them firing him. I hated that goofy song.. and I dont care for Kanye or Hank for that matter either. Nor do I care for Bush or Obama. Kanye said Bush didnt like black people on a televised fundraiser for hurricane katrina...thats a VERY polarizing statement, to me right up there with what Hank said. Yet it was considered one of the coolest moments of 2005. I just want to make sure we all agree that both were idiots for saying what they did.

Well i didn't hear about that, but i would have to agree that it was stupid.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bumping a 3-year old thread...

"If Looney, who played well in a limited role last year, the 49ers may gain confidence in him and feel less inclined to pay Boone. "

- Bill Williamson

Nice grasp of conditional sentences in the English language there Bill. This guy gets paid to do this. :what:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"If Looney, who played well in a limited role last year, the 49ers may gain confidence in him and feel less inclined to pay Boone. "

- Bill Williamson

Nice grasp of conditional sentences in the English language there Bill. This guy gets paid to do this. :what:

Does anyone ever read what he writes about the 49ers? It is all bs that took him maybe 1 minute to write and think up.

Today he talked about Looney being a replacement for Boone and he has done thins for weeks now and another story about how the 49ers might go after another rb. The RB story was all speculation and worthless. Apparently Rainey is available and the 49ers might or might not go after him because of his character issues. They might add a camp running back who wont make the team cause LMJ will be back before week 1.

I could have thought of these stories while drunk and probably write in better English too.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

- Bill Williamson

How can one of the best and most storied franchises in the NFL get stuck with such a bad beat reporter on one of the major sports news sites? It is not like Bill is one of the Cohens or Kawakumi (?) who are ass hats that write stuff just to get a rise out of people. Bill just comes across as a amateur.

:gaah:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How can one of the best and most storied franchises in the NFL get stuck with such a bad beat reporter on one of the major sports news sites? It is not like Bill is one of the Cohens or Kawakumi (?) who are ass hats that write stuff just to get a rise out of people. Bill just comes across as a amateur.

:gaah:

I'll take an amateur over those asshats any day.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about media coverage? I could care less what the media says, how much the media covers the team, or how they rank us. The last thing we need to do is act like a few of our neighbors in the north who obssess over the lack of respect they feel their team gets in the press.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
how does one bump a 3yr old thread......

Just like bumping any other thread...

I couldn't find a better thread to bump with the Williamson thing, but it didn't deserve its own thread; so this was the best one I could find.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll take an amateur over those asshats any day.

I refuse to read the ass hats and I cringe every time I read one of Bill's articles. They are so bad. I don't live in the bay area any more so I depend on the local beat writers down there to provide good coverage giving me a break from the seahawk hysteria. Unfortunately besides Maiocco and Barrows I don't know of any good beat writers for the Niners. In the end I read Bill and cringe every day dreaming of the time ESPN will finally get a real reporter to cover the Niners.

:hope:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like bumping any other thread...

I couldn't find a better thread to bump with the Williamson thing, but it didn't deserve its own thread; so this was the best one I could find.

You must've did some real digging... :suds:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to read the ass hats and I cringe every time I read one of Bill's articles. They are so bad. I don't live in the bay area any more so I depend on the local beat writers down there to provide good coverage giving me a break from the seahawk hysteria. Unfortunately besides Maiocco and Barrows I don't know of any good beat writers for the Niners. In the end I read Bill and cringe every day dreaming of the time ESPN will finally get a real reporter to cover the Niners.

:hope:

I was hoping Mike Sando was going to be our beat writer, he's good at producing quality AND volume. He seemed the best. I thought he was going to be the Seahawks blogger, given his ties and location, but he deserved his promotion.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my team was this good and was getting little media attention ....I would see this as the perfect start of a season.

No media means there is no drama. The media hates quite good teams. it's like Kryptonite to them.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my team was this good and was getting little media attention ....I would see this as the perfect start of a season.

No media means there is no drama. The media hates quite good teams. it's like Kryptonite to them.

I could care less about national media coverage. If they total ignore the 49ers, I could care less. I just stick to local coverage to keep up and what is happening