• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McShay's first mock draft for the niners

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys are a bunch of fools. Lol. Sorry but I had to call it as it is. Hageman is a beast fellows. Not sure why he is not even ranked higher than where McShay & Scouts Inc. currently has him at. He's like Mohammad Wilkerson, Fletcher Cox, Sheldon Richardson: guys whose stock had risen dramatically post combines and also due to more film watching. He would be an immediate upgrade over Ray McMac who is considered one of the better players on our very impressive defense.

If he's clearly the BPA, I wouldn't have a huge problem with it. I haven't personally caught much of the Gophers this year, so I can't speak to Hageman specifically. But I see us moving up, and I don't think we target a DE unless we have serious concerns about Tank's health.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All else being equal, I'd prefer we go CB in the first. I wouldn't object to adding two WRs in the first four rounds, though.

That Lee pick looks enticing though. I wouldn't be mad at that pick if that's the route they choose to go with in the first round.

I have a strong feeling though like last year we will be trading in 2014.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he's clearly the BPA, I wouldn't have a huge problem with it. I haven't personally caught much of the Gophers this year, so I can't speak to Hageman specifically. But I see us moving up, and I don't think we target a DE unless we have serious concerns about Tank's health.

Great post. I totally agree!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

every year I'm for "clearly BPA", so obviously for this pick if this guy is true? but in reality we fans will never know who's our BPA is till the picks are made. all we fans can do is go by Need all the way up to draft day. so now on, i'll just go with that too. still believe in "clearly BPA" and "maximum talent", but it gets tiring typing it all the time.

even prior to the last draft when Kaep was the greatest thing in the NFL, I mentioned taking a "franchise QB" if he was "clearly BPA"? a FQB at that point in the draft, would obviously be our BPA. didn't go well at the time................

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That Lee pick looks enticing though. I wouldn't be mad at that pick if that's the route they choose to go with in the first round.

I have a strong feeling though like last year we will be trading in 2014.

I hope we trade UP again, cause that means they REALLY like someone and he REALLY fits. plus, we already know we need quality over quantity. Baalke will just need someone to bite?

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quite a few things i've read have us trading up for Watkins. How you boys feel about that?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quite a few things i've read have us trading up for Watkins. How you boys feel about that?

jizzinmypants.jpg

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't like the idea of giving up what it would presumably take to get Watkins in what looks like a pretty good WR draft, but if we could do it for a first and a second, maybe.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Hageman, but he's not a NT type. Depending on what's going on w/ Tank and Ray Mac's future with us, I'd definitely consider him the first round, but I'd have to know more to say if and when.

And honestly, with Williams and Dorsey, I'm not down on our NT position as most people.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of giving up what it would presumably take to get Watkins in what looks like a pretty good WR draft, but if we could do it for a first and a second, maybe.

Really deep WR class. Better in the middle than on top. Watkins is good, and I like him, but he's not trade-up worthy, IMO. Not on Green's or Jones' level as a prospect.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, use that second from KC, as that will be pretty low and our first, which I hope is the lowest.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 1st 3 picks I want to see 1st rd- Either CB,WR or if a top DE falls. 1st 2nd rd pick: WR/CB whoever we didn't pick up in the 1st rd. 2nd pick in 2nd rd I want Center.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget we need another Safety to replace Whitner.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget we need another Safety to replace Whitner.

I keep mentioning this but ATM IMHO Whitner has been real solid for us this season... keeps this up and why not bring him back on a fair/cheap deal?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I keep mentioning this but ATM IMHO Whitner has been real solid for us this season... keeps this up and why not bring him back on a fair/cheap deal?

I think he would be higher on the teams priority than some/most realize. I agree that he has played better than his previous years with us. I would think to classify this as beneficial for/from Eric Reid. With his propensity to most likely play his assigned position, he possibly has allowed Whitner to trust him moreso than he did Goldson? This I believe has given Whitner more confidence and possibly has allowed him to play the role he was initially signed for.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign for a multi year deal, in the 4 yr, 4m per range? I would be very happy with that personally. Him and Reid form a heck of a tandem on the back end. That could be the stability that we have desired from that position for quite a long time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah time to get younger. Imagine 2 young Safety's for years. Whitner is solid but nothing great. Great leader in the backfield but getting old. Yes having a good season but who knows how long he can keep it up.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nah time to get younger. Imagine 2 young Safety's for years. Whitner is solid but nothing great. Great leader in the backfield but getting old. Yes having a good season but who knows how long he can keep it up.

He isn't that old.. what, 31-32 He was a top 10 pick in the 06 draft I wanna say? imo, I think he has the style of play that could lend itself to play at a higher level for the next 3-4 years. well enough time to focus on other areas of higher need in that timeframe. i.e. WR/CB/NT/DL/OL/LB