• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McClain Problem?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking good.

Seems like same BS with off season excuses and what not. The team was looking forward to him being a full participate in off season activities. So much for that. This defines risk and yet he's most likely butt hurt with the one year deals. I have a feeling he's not going to be the guy intended this year and may not make it outta camp.

I love LB play on defense. This guy remains a disappointment off the field and conditioning remains a huge problem. IMO it's 50/50 he's with the team in September

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone surprised at this?

@PDay8810 I'm fairly certain you and I had a discussion about this very same topic last offseason/preseason.

This is what R.McClain does. That's why I wanted Dallas to draft a true MLBer to replace him. Instead we got Jaylon Smith, when we could of had Reggie Ragland.

With McCalin's lack of desire and his mounting concussions, I didn't even want him back this year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone surprised at this?

@PDay8810 I'm fairly certain you and I had a discussion about this very same topic last offseason/preseason.

This is what R.McClain does. That's why I wanted Dallas to draft a true MLBer to replace him. Instead we got Jaylon Smith, when we could of had Reggie Ragland.

With McCalin's lack of desire and his mounting concussions, I didn't even want him back this year.
perhaps we did. I was of strong opinion him and Lee on the field together was a good thing for Dallas's defense. I'm guilty of still thinking the same....just looks unlikely and I'm disappointed Ro didn't feel any loyalty to garrett and his coaches.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a beast on the field, and a bust off it. Just need to get him back in here for one more season and then be done with him. It's probably best that he stays away right now considering how easily he gets hurt. Some of it is lack of conditioning but some is just him not being tough enough to play through it.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised. Last season he started slow and played well towards the end. The lack of dedication is why he is not extended

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive never been as high on him as most guys here seem to be. If he want's out let him go. He's not worth it IMO.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 cent brain off field $1000000 dollar talent on the field Really Sad he has Jeff George Disease

Thought he might have found a home time to move on

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 cent brain off field $1000000 dollar talent on the field Really Sad he has Jeff George Disease

Thought he might have found a home time to move on
Move on? What did he do exactly, more off the field problems?
We need him for one more year.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Cowboys
    • Cowboys WR Dez Bryant said he’s been cleared to practice, but the coaching staff will remain cautious with him by holding him out until training camp. (Clarence Hill)
    • According to David Moore, the Cowboys expected and were hopeful that ILB Rolando McClainwas going to show up at some point in the past two weeks. However, he has yet to report to the team.
    • Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said that he doesn’t know if McClain will be at the team’s minicamp this week.
    • This comes just a day after Bryan Broaddus mentioned that the Cowboys’ coaches are “not happy” with McClain.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article I read states that he is just following with the agreement the team and he made before we signed him originally and again when he just resigned. That info is coming from Jerry, so it could of course be total BS

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article I read states that he is just following with the agreement the team and he made before we signed him originally and again when he just resigned. That info is coming from Jerry, so it could of course be total BS

I smell B.S. from Jerry.

This type of shit is exactly why McClain will never get another multi year deal. But I guess the guy needs the time off - must take time to cook up arson schemes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell B.S. from Jerry.

This type of shit is exactly why McClain will never get another multi year deal. But I guess the guy needs the time off - must take time to cook up arson schemes.
you would think that's the most likely scenario here or at least that he is exaggerated the matter. If it was already agreed on, wouldn't the other coaches know this and thus not be upset that he isn't here?

Regardless, I'm sure a lot of the other guys love their kids and want to spend time with them too...If they all did that poor Antonio Cromartie would never be at practice...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would think that's the most likely scenario here or at least that he is exaggerated the matter. If it was already agreed on, wouldn't the other coaches know this and thus not be upset that he isn't here?

Regardless, I'm sure a lot of the other guys love their kids and want to spend time with them too...If they all did that poor Antonio Cromartie would never be at practice...

I would feel pretty confident betting that McClain missing OTAs was not part of the plan (deal).

Ro McClain is one of Jerry's pets. He got away with the same crap last off season when a simple knee scope took like 4 months to "heal" - now I am no Doctor, but other guys have played in games within weeks of having similar procedures done.

If Jerry didn't spin this as an "excused" absence, and McClain wasn't disciplined for this, then that would send an even worse message to the team than the whole "this was part of the contract" bull shit. And judging from last year, I don't think Jerry is willing to actually discipline McClain under anything but the worst of circumstances.

At the end of the day, McClain is not good for this football team. He receives preferential treatment, and is probably the least dedicated player on the roster - and he's penciled into the starting lineup! It sends the wrong message to rest of roster having a guy like this around. It's players like McClain (and Hardy) that stop this team from building and consistently maintaining the kind of culture that we saw in 2014.

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jerry didn't spin this as an "excused" absence, and McClain wasn't disciplined for this, then that would send an even worse message to the team than the whole "this was part of the contract" bull shit. And judging from last year, I don't think Jerry is willing to actually discipline McClain under anything but the worst of circumstances.
Agree mostly, but remember he can't be disciplined because technically OTAs are voluntary. This was the quote that irked me:

"He gets slack, but you have to earn a special consideration and to some degree if you look at how his impact when he's there with us on the field, what he can do for our team. If you look at his background in the NFL, how he's evolved, I'm glad he's a Cowboy."

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClain's home issues are looking like he doesn't want to practice any more than he has to.