• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCarthy

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, we talked about this last season. But here it is. McCarthy is incapable of making adjustments now that Philbin is gone. Rodgers and the receivers have talent, and they'll get touchdowns, but when the going gets tough this offense does NOT get going. They just don't.

Here are some things I noticed today.

1. The Bengals had Rodgers read like a book in the 4th quarter. They knew when to get their hands up. Some might say this is Rodgers' fault for not using the pump fake and/or rolling out and improvising.

But...

2. McCarthy continues to run deep, slow developing routes for our receivers all game long until he gets into trouble. And then... Predictably... All of the sudden he starts calling quick slants and quick outs for Ross and Cobb. And were they really open? Nope. For one thing because the DL knew exactly where they needed to be. They just stood up our C- offensive line and put their hands up as soon as they saw Rodgers pull his arm back.

3. Franklin... Okay, this is where I just don't get McCarthy. Aside from the fumble, Franklin looked to me like the most explosive back we have. WHY is he not in the game until 4 guys get hurt? I get it, we want pass protection. Well. Guess what McCarthy. Your two most versatile athletes are Cobb and Franklin. You need to use them in motion, use them in check downs, use them they way the Saints use Sproles, and GET THE BALL IN THEIR HANDS. If you do that, Rodgers will start finding Nelson and Jones 70 yards down field and you'll score 40 damn near every week.

I am seriously agitated. Thompson and McCarthy need to do a gut check and bring in an offensive coordinator who knows how to take advantage of the weapons this team has. Calling deep routes and trying to protect Rodgers is NOT working.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, we talked about this last season. But here it is. McCarthy is incapable of making adjustments now that Philbin is gone. Rodgers and the receivers have talent, and they'll get touchdowns, but when the going gets tough this offense does NOT get going. They just don't.

1. The Bengals had Rodgers read like a book in the 4th quarter. They knew when to get their hands up. Some might say this is Rodgers' fault for not using the pump fake and/or rolling out and improvising.

Great coaching by the Bengals and those DE's are just freaks of athletes. They knew the short passes were coming and they timed it perfectly with the deflected passes on the last drive. Rodgers/MM for whatever reason didn't pick up on this. But when we got to the 20, it turned into a block fest. Poor job by GB

3. Franklin... Okay, this is where I just don't get McCarthy. Aside from the fumble, Franklin looked to me like the most explosive back we have. WHY is he not in the game until 4 guys get hurt? I get it, we want pass protection. Well. Guess what McCarthy. Your two most versatile athletes are Cobb and Franklin. You need to use them in motion, use them in check downs, use them they way the Saints use Sproles, and GET THE BALL IN THEIR HANDS. If you do that, Rodgers will start finding Nelson and Jones 70 yards down field and you'll score 40 damn near every week.

Franklin needed work in pass protection and for a team that loves to pass and had a poor OL who couldn't protect Rodgers, he just wasn't ready. But injuries arrived and Franlin stepped up. Just afraid the fumble and Lacy coming back will mean Franklin doesn't see the field again. Which sucks because he is the best running back on this team. Pray McCarthy doesn't bench him

I am seriously agitated. Thompson and McCarthy need to do a gut check and bring in an offensive coordinator who knows how to take advantage of the weapons this team has. Calling deep routes and trying to protect Rodgers is NOT working.

McCarthy has lost his luster since the SB. Still a good coach but makes some highly questionable decisions, doesn't make enough adjustments in-game and of course he has kept Capers. Rodgers will keep McCarthy employed though. But Capers may be out of a job

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and we seriously need a new training staff. Hamstring injuries have become a serious problem and it isn't just "bad luck". Poor conditioning in camp, poor planning in the offseason. We need a new medical staff

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But...

2. McCarthy continues to run deep, slow developing routes for our receivers all game long until he gets into trouble. And then... Predictably... All of the sudden he starts calling quick slants and quick outs for Ross and Cobb. And were they really open? Nope. For one thing because the DL knew exactly where they needed to be. They just stood up our C- offensive line and put their hands up as soon as they saw Rodgers pull his arm back.

Some good points, but with this crowd, when you point out faults, people attack you and say
"seriously dude, you need to relax"......they seem to think there are NO problems with this team....and they are DEAD wrong. They want to jump on the bandwagon, WE BEAT WASHINGTON,,,,,,so what?.....who is Washington????.....this is the NFL....and the Packers are really irrelevant now, no one (absolutely NO one fears us nowadays). We have fallen behind the talent pool, and now with all the injuries, there is nothing to fall back on. But you have the homers think nothing is wrong, all is OK, and we have no issues. You can be extreme either way. It is better to just be realistic.

When we are 4-12 they will still be saying "relax dude"

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea WTF is with the hammies.... That probably pisses me off more than everything, honestly. AGAIN Clay???? What stretch are they doing or not doing that has these guys hobbling off the field like a bunch of out of shape middle aged beer leaguers weezing their way off the field to go barf?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries are a problem. One year, bad luck. two years, well crap, really bad luck, three, now going on 4 years??? what are they or aren't they doing?

The thing with Franklin, I'm kind of tired of hearing how the coaching staff can't evaluate talent because he saw his first action yesterday. First off, we all saw him in the preseason and he did NOTHING of note. Nothing. In fact when I did get to see him I was very disappointed.

Besides that, number one in this offense is protecting our qb and I was pleasantly surprised how he did with blitz pick up yesterday, but I also think that was a big factor in him not seeing much time. And even when he does know the entire offense, he's not all that big to be taking on blitzers, maybe he'll be adequate at it, but he has a ways to go. I rarely saw him take someone on by himself, it was always helping someone else out.

he is good in space and pick a hole and get thru it. I liked what I saw yesterday for the most part. I want a guy with confidence, but he was getting a bit cocky I thought. A bit too much for someone that hasn't been doing this very long. Samkon Gado looked that good at one point too.

But he did do a great job mostly yesterday. I don't understand the 4th down call at all though. I largely leave the play calling alone because I could bitch about every call probably :) so could most fans I think.

But th 4th down play??? First off, 2 plays before hand, Rodgers was sacked because EDS was blasted into the backfield by the DL so hard he was the one that "sacked" rodgers. He is not strong, he is not a punishing blocker, he can cut people off and push side to side in the direction the defender is already moving. Our offensive line rarely can push any DL off the ball, they simply absorb on a pass rush and try to run them in the direction they're already moving in the run game and let the RB cut off the backside.

So with not one but 2 defenders lined up right over EDS, we decide to run our 190lb rookie running back straight into them????? Who's the genius behind that call????

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked to me like Franklin doesn't know the playbook. Rodgers had to stand there explaining the play to him after they broke the huddle every time. He looks like a good runner for sure but that would explain why he hasn't seen much playing time.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you all consider trading McCarthy for a 2nd round pick ?