• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Vampire League

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem a bit defensive here. I know it may seem like I am complaining. That is not my intent. I want to take this concept and make it more fun for all teams. Because I really like the concept and I am having fun with this. The subject was about tweaking to make it better for next year. Easier to talk about it now while thoughts are fresh. And I think there is a lot of tweaking needed to make this more competitive on both sides.

IMO, just reducing to 1 vampire is not enough.

Yes, there will always be hypothetical winning lineups out there. Always. And half the guys you highlighted were even on mine or Trudem’s roster for those weeks. But nobody in their right mind is starting Darren Fells over Darren Waller. Or Peyton Barber over LeSean McCoy.

At the very least, passing TDs need to be reduced to 4 points. Because it is nearly impossible to predict which crappy QB is going to go off. Too many variables behind that.

And again, while I do appreciate the idea behind starting this league, I think you have become married to “this is what it has to be because this is what a vampire league is”.

This is our league, we can make up whatever rules we want. I get the original concept, but I do think we can take ideas from the original concept and make it better. This league plays like another suicide style league for non-vamps and I might be the only 1, but I don’t particularly like that either.

Couldn't disagree more.

I think the vampire teams have the most fun in this league. And a lot of us (or at least me) would love to be the vampire, taking wild swings.

I get we're trying to find our way here, but it does sound a tad negative, and seems to be every week.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Things would be totally different if Odell Beckham didn’t have his only big game of the season in week 2, but the deficit of drafting 16 players is just too much.

That said, I don’t love the “suicide” aspect for the non-vamps.

Here is what I think should happen:

Make it a 12 round draft, all starters plus 3 bench spots- all starting spots must be filled- then vamps draft. After vamps draft, teams can fill out the remaining roster spots for depth.

During the season, non-vamp teams CAN make moves, but they are not allowed to use waivers. Vampires get exclusive rights to that.

I mean, I'm down for whatever, but that seems crazy to me.

Vamps would destroy every week.

Lindsay in week 2 last year.... Stud.

We can't adjust the league because waivers weren't explosive in September this year.

Curious...how many playoff teams do we have here? 8?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stayed out of this discussion. There are enough issues with the Guillotine league's first year. But I do know that I was able to stash Golden Tate during his four game suspension on my bench.

I did like the idea someone posted earlier of the normal teams doing a starter only 9 player draft. Then the Vampire teams doing a starter only 9 player draft. Then going back to the normal teams for a 7 player bench draft. Finally giving the Vampire teams a 7 player bench draft.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow @tlance you really should read Matthew Berry's love/hate this week. You probably know that he's a huge Redskins fan and this week his whole opening is that he's sick and tired of Bruce Allen. Here the ending:

Here's the thing: To Jeremy Maclin, Jake Plummer, Todd Haley and every other NFL coach, GM, crusty old commentator and current player who feels I am ruining the game, who asks me how can I root for my fantasy football squad over MY OWN NFL TEAM?

It's very simple.

I'd much rather root for a group of players I drafted than a group Bruce Allen put together.

Because I know what I'm doing, at least.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow @tlance you really should read Matthew Berry's love/hate this week. You probably know that he's a huge Redskins fan and this week his whole opening is that he's sick and tired of Bruce Allen. Here the ending:

Here's the thing: To Jeremy Maclin, Jake Plummer, Todd Haley and every other NFL coach, GM, crusty old commentator and current player who feels I am ruining the game, who asks me how can I root for my fantasy football squad over MY OWN NFL TEAM?

It's very simple.

I'd much rather root for a group of players I drafted than a group Bruce Allen put together.

Because I know what I'm doing, at least.

I feel the same way.

I was watching last week’s game and was mad when the Redskins scored.

Because it is so utterly pointless rooting for this team. Not worth wasting my energy until Allen/Snyder are gone.

And I fear that may never happen.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another vampire victory by Tlance, but I'm not sure if @Stomp purposely left some guys on his bench or if he really thought Winston would outscore Rodgers and Tyreek Hill wouldn't play much in his game back, which was a perfectly logical thought process. But regardless, it's going to be an interesting decision for @tlance since Stomp had Aaron Rodgers, Tyreek Hill, and Todd Gurley on his bench so they can't be vampired.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another vampire victory by Tlance, but I'm not sure if @Stomp purposely left some guys on his bench or if he really thought Winston would outscore Rodgers and Tyreek Hill wouldn't play much in his game back, which was a perfectly logical thought process. But regardless, it's going to be an interesting decision for @tlance since Stomp had Aaron Rodgers, Tyreek Hill, and Todd Gurley on his bench so they can't be vampired.

Taking Melvin Gordon for Malcom Brown

Need an RB

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7.... Time to grab some garlic.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the loss of Mahomes my team is much more vulnerable for my week 9 match with the VAMPIRE! :gaah:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the loss of Mahomes my team is much more vulnerable for my week 9 match with the VAMPIRE! :gaah:

Yeah, well he was the player I was hoping to nab from you.

Oh well. Guess not anymore!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you'd likely still have him for the playoffs. ....

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You gotta beat me first- but Zeke is not bad consolation.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta beat me first- but Zeke is not bad consolation.

No, I think I would be okay with that.

But like you said. Have to win first. And that will be a tall order even without Mahomes.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs?

What you talking about.

Playoffs?

Are you kidding me?

I just hope I can win a game.

To be honest, I'm very nervous..but if you beat me, not sure which way you'll go. Lots of options. I think, only one really breaks me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I'm very nervous..but if you beat me, not sure which way you'll go. Lots of options. I think, only one really breaks me.

Don’t think I am beating you this week.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t think I am beating you this week.

Glad to be a victim of Josh Allen's second half!!!!!

Whew...

Who are ya clipping this week?

...and you had Edmonds on the bench! And still won.

I doubt you'll do me a favor and take an RB??

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to be a victim of Josh Allen's second half!!!!!

Whew...

Who are ya clipping this week?

...and you had Edmonds on the bench! And still won.

I doubt you'll do me a favor and take an RB??

Not over yet man.

Gallup doing nothing.

And yes, I will take Cook if I win.