• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Suicide "A" Draft Grades by the Bandit

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, enough of all this praise heaping on El Bandito.
Didn't anyone notice that he has 2 different teams drafting DeAngelo Williams?

DWill in the 10th round to the Foot, then DWill again in the 8th to the Fuzz.

Horrible oversight there!
Such shoddy research done before this analysis!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DWill is on 2 teams in your write ups, but in all seriousness, very well done Bandit.
I was totally joking with the negative critiques, obviously.

I think one of them should be Andre Williams NYG (Foot's pick, if memory serves)

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you guys will be interested, but since we are done drafting and have to wait again for our other drafts, I put together draft grades for the A leaguers since that was the draft I wasn't in. I will do a separate post for each team. I'm sure this will all be completely wrong, but at least it will make for some enjoyable reading since we have to wait another month to get things going again.

Great read Bandit. Thanks for taking the time.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tip o' the cap to Bandit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the philosophy behind it 100%. Honestly I had the hardest time coming up with a bad pick in your draft so I went that route. You drafted too well, throw a writer a bone next time. Picking the top defense is just something that I never do. I never own the best tight end and I never own the best defense and as we all know, personal biases play in so much with how the "experts" give advise. With that being said though, defenses seem to be very volatile from year to year. The 49ers and Seahawks have bucked that trend lately, but before that, the defense projected to finish at the top each year seldom did finish there.

I agree with you 100%. I never own the top defense either. Except here. When looking at the late round options, it is too easy to swing and miss, and no chance I am rostering 2.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Bandit sorry I didn't realize this post till today. Fantastic write up buddy. This took a lot of work and I can I see the apple don't fall far from the tree in your family.

To answer your Dolphin/Chris Johnson question. Does Chris Johnson going to the team I hate the absolute most take anything away from my love for Chris Johnson?

I'll say this. First awesome question, happy to answer it, as much as I don't like the Jets the fact that Johnson is there has made me have to rethink the Jets this year. In one aspect HATE that Johnson went to the Jets especially when there were rumors he might end up on the Dolphins. So that in itself was the biggest bag over the head, punch in the gut.

BUT, after reassesing it there may not have been a better place for him to end up. I beleive he will get the full load in fact a report came out today that somewhat reinforces that notion and let's face it the Jets are not a passing first team so this caould really be a dream scenario.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Bandit sorry I didn't realize this post till today. Fantastic write up buddy. This took a lot of work and I can I see the apple don't fall far from the tree in your family.

To answer your Dolphin/Chris Johnson question. Does Chris Johnson going to the team I hate the absolute most take anything away from my love for Chris Johnson?

I'll say this. First awesome question, happy to answer it, as much as I don't like the Jets the fact that Johnson is there has made me have to rethink the Jets this year. In one aspect HATE that Johnson went to the Jets especially when there were rumors he might end up on the Dolphins. So that in itself was the biggest bag over the head, punch in the gut.

BUT, after reassesing it there may not have been a better place for him to end up. I beleive he will get the full load in fact a report came out today that somewhat reinforces that notion and let's face it the Jets are not a passing first team so this caould really be a dream scenario.

you might have to clue me in a bit, must recent Jets running game related news I've seen is this one from yesterday. . Which directly contradicts that notion. ..
Chris Johnson | NYJ
(July 14, 2014 8:42 AM EDT)
ESPN New York expects the Jets to take a backfield-by-committee approach.
The only one surprised by this take is Chris Johnson, who still seems to be under the assumption he's an every-down workhorse. Running backs coach Anthony Lynn has already stated that Johnson's load will be monitored, an effort to keep a 29-year-old (in September) with 2,014 career touches fresh. Chris Ivory and possibly Bilal Powell will have chances to seize a hot hand, leaving CJ?K with far less volume than he saw in Tennessee.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Johnson RB | NYJ
Report: Chris Johnson could make Jets abandon RB committee
by Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com
(4 hrs ago) The Jets have repeatedly said they plan on using Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell in a running back committee. But according to the New York Post, if Johnson "shows his old form that committee approach will be thrown out the window. You can count on it."
The paper admits that's a big if. Johnson averaged a career-low 3.9 yards per carry last season and his longest run went 30 yards. The Jets hope that dip in production stemmed from Johnson's knee injury, and not a general decline, the report said.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Johnson RB | NYJ
Report: Chris Johnson could make Jets abandon RB committee
by Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com
(4 hrs ago) The Jets have repeatedly said they plan on using Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell in a running back committee. But according to the New York Post, if Johnson "shows his old form that committee approach will be thrown out the window. You can count on it."
The paper admits that's a big if. Johnson averaged a career-low 3.9 yards per carry last season and his longest run went 30 yards. The Jets hope that dip in production stemmed from Johnson's knee injury, and not a general decline, the report said.

Clue 1 not to buy into it..cbssports..
Clue 2... NY Post
And finally the operative words being "that's a big if"...I think we'd all agree the IF that was the case. .sure they'd abandon a committee.

Interesting side note. . When putting "cbssports" into the dialog, my phone auto corrected to "cesspool", coincidence? ?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clue 1 not to buy into it..cbssports..
Clue 2... NY Post
And finally the operative words being "that's a big if"...I think we'd all agree the IF that was the case. .sure they'd abandon a committee.

Interesting side note. . When putting "cbssports" into the dialog, my phone auto corrected to "cesspool", coincidence? ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: