• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, someone with some exp. on the SportsHoopla...gimme a quick tutorial on imaves/avatars/whatever... I don't wish to be faceless any longer than necessary.

You have to reach 50 posts to have access to private messaging and posting your signature, but you should be able to customize your avatar under the User CP section.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pujols losing rbis and fister losing earned runs after a scoring change may increase WHIP out your FIPs win over me. (For sure I lose rbis, I'm unlikely to gain ERA.
Was a bad ruling on the 2B no doubt.
Hey, speaking of stat changes I'm not sure since I just couldn't keep track but Beltran and Freese both had hitting stats in the game that was called (Beltran had a couple hits and RBI's and I think Freese had one of his very few hits). Did this come off of my stats automatically or will they make adjustments with a stat correction)? Just curious as runs were pretty close with me and Fuzzy.
Sam

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks now, but it won't last long. It took me I think 4 days to get to 100 posts, so it can be done, and done easily.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would not mind this so much if the matchup numbers were not so easy to see each day, but oh well. At least I got 1 W, and hope for a 2nd one this week, as long as not too many games get snowed out that is.

2 games ppd tonight col/atl and min/mia start the week out good:wtf2:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week in Baseball:
(due to family obligations, tlance has handed off the handicapping duties to me for this week).

The 1st place Soggy Bottom Boys take on the 5th place DUB. The Soggy’s have the advantage in every pitching category except saves, and also have one more start than DUB this week. Hitting will be much closer. The Boyz have a power advantage, but every other category could swing either way.

Look for the Boyz to continue their winning streak winning 6-3-1

The 11th place WolfPack will square off against the 6th place Fudpuckers. This will be a pitching battle as Fud has 11 starts against the Packs 13. On paper the Pack should take Ks while wins, era & whip can go either way. The only sure thing is that saves will be tied. The Pack have an RBI advantage while the speed and BA go towards Fud.

This one will be close but look for the pack to take this one 5-3-2

3rd place WHIP out your FIP takes on 8th place Grand Salami. Hitting wise this could be a blowout as FIP has a clear advantage in every hitting category. Pitching should be closer. Both teams match up well for era, whip & strikeouts. The Grand one has the advantage in wins & Ks due to a few more starts, but era & whip could go either way, as could saves as both have 3 men in the bullpen.

I’m calling for a blowout here with Whip out your Fip winning 8-2.

TKOut currently in 9th takes on the 10th place Sarnia Tigers. Both teams have an equal number of starts and closers so I’ll go to the stats card. The Tigers have the advantage in strikeouts & era, but the other 3 categories could swing in either direction. As for hitting the Tigers have a big advantage in Runs while TKO has the clear advantage in batting average & rbi’s, and also a slight advantage in stolen bases.

Look for TKO to take this nail biter by a score of 5-4-1

4th place YellowFuzzy takes on 7th place D Dude’s Dodgers. Starts are pretty even with Triple D getting one more. Triple D has one more RP but saves can go either way here. He also has the advantage on era, whip & K’s and the pitching matchups support that so I could be a clean sweep for D. On the other side of the coin, Fuzzy has the advantage on batting average & stolen bases while D has the power advantage. RBI’s & runs are the swing categories.

It will be closer than the score says, but Triple D should win 7-3

The final game pits the 2nd place Sportsboys against the last place Big League Chew. 8 starts apiece and 2 closers. On paper the Sportsboys have the advantage in wins, era & whip, but looking at the matchups it could be much closer than the category totals are. Saves and K’s are up in the air. As for hitting The Sportsboys have the advantage in every category except stolen bases which is one thing Big League Chew does well.

This isn’t the week Big League Chew gets their first win. Sportsboys win 6-2-2

Good Luck to everyone in this week’s matchups. :kk:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would not mind this so much if the matchup numbers were not so easy to see each day, but oh well. At least I got 1 W, and hope for a 2nd one this week, as long as not too many games get snowed out that is.

2 games ppd tonight col/atl and min/mia start the week out good:wtf2:

...and I was all set to have I think 5 pitchers start twice for me this week.

:puke:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAH HUMBUG!!!:postwhore:

Hey TREFF, honestly, there was a thread these guys put up just to make stupid posts to get to 50. Now I just read where Hammerdown lowered the post count to 40. Lot's better than the honks at CBS.
Sam:yahoo::yahoo:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothin', but why don't they put a roof on that freakin' thing in Colorado? I'm sure Coors can afford it. :wtf2:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothin', but why don't they put a roof on that freakin' thing in Colorado? I'm sure Coors can afford it. :wtf2:

BigD - ^^^ sarcasm. :)

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you kidding me. :wtf2:
You can't put a roof on that stadium. If you had one, there would be no place for all the pot smoke to go.:hippie: Both teams would suffer a contact high, the hot dog & soda guy:hungry: would have to make multiple trips onto the field:pop2: and there would be a mandatory nap time after the 5th inning.

Although it would make watching games there very entertaining.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
success...avatar, profile pic...I got it finally. Wake your kid up Sam!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev,

8-2?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least give me 3 points. Come on now.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'm in... I'll need some time to get adapted. ... like, why do I need a title for a reply?

-- good stuff with the recaps Rev and with the previews... although you'd think I have the advantage in SB, there's one person in particular that is not helping where he should.... WHAT UP PETER BOURJOS??? Down by 1, lead off single in the 9th, and you don't even consider it? You haven't considered it yet this season?? WTF? Waiting for warmer weather or something?