• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be the Man..............You've got to beat the Man.
flair.gif
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo​

Whatcha Gonna Do Brother When Hulkamania Runs wild on YOU!
hogan.gif

LOL

You are an awesome addition to the SportsHoopla!!!!

How about an old time oooooooooooooooYEAAHHHH Macho Man emoticon to top it off.....:D

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

You are an awesome addition to the SportsHoopla!!!!

How about an old time oooooooooooooooYEAAHHHH Macho Man emoticon to top it off.....:D

Macho Man.......REST.......IN........PEACE
crucified.gif
undertaker2.gif
crucified.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benoit , Gyorko, Tex...sounds like a 3 team deal? :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or I guess you could just wait until I absolutely have to drop him as the rest of my team gets hurt................
Sam

Hey, for a team of walking wounded, you're doing pretty well so far. You might want to give ol' Josh a pep talk. :)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, for a team of walking wounded, you're doing pretty well so far. You might want to give ol' Josh a pep talk. :)
Yeah, hopefully he will start to hit when my overperformers stop overperforming. Hopefully the decision to start Santana ove Zito doesn't bite me in the ass............
Sam

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, hopefully he will start to hit when my overperformers stop overperforming. Hopefully the decision to start Santana ove Zito doesn't bite me in the ass............
Sam

I really hate Tex, but given my record I really should thumb my nose at anybody.

BTW, I will have the recap/weekly preview up shortly, just got home and settling in now.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benoit , Gyorko, Tex...sounds like a 3 team deal? :)

If you can all agree to this that would be cool.

In order for each of you to get your player for next week, the first trade would have to be accepted today to be through on Thursday, then the other half of the trade would have to be proposed and accepted on Thursday to be processed by Sunday.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I'm finally in, had to dig through a mountain of junk mail to find my activation link. But, I'm here

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw your post on the other mbbrl thread, you and ramtuff. Welcome :suds:

Ok so that's tlance, BigD, philabuster, cheff, samsport, ramtuff, treff. We just need Varrys, Yellowfuzzy, TKO & DUB (who's in deep working on his site launch).

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like I missed a lot since friday, but now that i am back, i like this addition to this new board.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can all agree to this that would be cool.

I orchestrated my first 4 team deal last year in my league. 3 team deals are by far the best to work on. The process is always more fun than the outcome.
And sometimes, when you're with the same group for years, you kind of know what someone likes so if you don't have it, you have to know where to get it :)

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the weekly Re-Crap. Each week I will recap last weeks matchups and update the current standings for the masses. Not much more to say so lets get to it.
(Note – predictions for last week’s games were lost for obvious reasons)

Soggy Bottom Boyz 7 – The Grand Salmai 3
This game could have gone either way as there were several swing categories, but The Soggy Bottom Boyz prevailed for the second win in a row. The Boyz took BA, SB’s and runs by one while the Grand one took RBI’s & HRs. The Grand one didn’t fare much better in pitching as their only saving grace was the saves category. Wins were close with just one separating the two teams.

DUB 7 – WolfPack 2
DUB went into the game with one open roster spot, 1 guy on the DL and another missed the week, not to mention multiple rainouts. This didn’t stop them from putting the beat down on the Pack as the rest of their bats made up for the lost members. Several hitting categories were close but DUB took 4 while pack came away with RBI’s. Pitching was also all DUB as they took 3 of 5 here. The Pack took Ks due to more starts, but couldn’t pick up many wins with all those starts and only managed a tie for the Wins category.

WHIP out your FIP 5 – Sarnia Tigers 4
The game of the week where half the categories could have went either way. On the hitting side, FIP easily took BA along with runs & HRs by one, while Sarnia stolen bases and RBI’s by 1. Things weren’t much different for pitching either. Sarnia took whip and wins by 1 while FIP was able to capture era & saves. Strikeouts were tied and came down to the final day as the two teams accumulated 25 strikeouts on Sunday.

D Dude’s Dogers 7 – TKOut 3
The Dude’s got their first win of the season and delivered a TKO this week. Runs & HRs were close but D had enough wood to eek out both along with SB’s & RBI’s to take 4 hitting categories leaving TKO with a point for batting average. The Dude’s pitching staff did a great job as well taking era, whip & strikeouts, but they couldn’t buy a win this week allowing TKO to take that category. TKO also took saves but couldn’t do much more than that.

The SportsBoys 8 – YellowFuzzy 2
This is what happens when you play baseball with a tennis ball. The Sportsboys dominated 4 of the 5 hitting categories. Fuzzy was able to take steals which isn’t a surprise as they did a lot of running after all those HRs hit by the Boys. The Boys took 4 of 5 pitching categories as well. Strikeouts were close but the same can’t be said for the wins, era & whip. Just like TKO, Fuzzy took saves but couldn’t do much more than that.

Fudpuckers 7 – Big League Chew 2
Big League can’t seem to buy a win this year as Fudpuckers took this one for their second win in a row. Pitching was all Puckers as they took 4 of the 5. Just like the two losing teams above, The Chew could only manage to take Saves (seems like a growing theme). As for hitting, Big League hit well enough to take batting average, but that’s about it. Fud took HR’s, RBI’s & Runs. Both teams ran hard this week but finished tied in stolen bases.

All teams will meet again for a rematch in week 14

So after 3 weeks, the stands are as follows:

1 Soggy Bottom Boys (Chef99) 17-7-6
2 The Sportsboys (Sam Sport Boy) 18-10-2
3 WHIP out your FIP (Varrys) 16-11-3
4 YellowFuzzy 17-12-1
5 DUB (DUB aka Cheese) 16-12-2
6 Fudpuckers (TREFF) 16-13-1
7 D Dude's Dodgers (bigdmgr) 14-12-4
8 The Grand Salami (Tlance) 13-14-3
9 TKOut (TKOSpikes) 13-17
10 Sarnia Tigers (Philabuster5) 10-17-3
11 WolfPack (Reverend Jim) 9-18-3
12 Big League Chew (RamTuff08) 6-22-2
The preview of ths weeks games will be up shortly. :kk:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, someone with some exp. on the SportsHoopla...gimme a quick tutorial on imaves/avatars/whatever... I don't wish to be faceless any longer than necessary.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it seems that you have found the area user cp, and have added your signature line, you may need to wait to be able to mae the other changes you want. I say that, as some of the functions, like adding a signature line to each post, require you to make a certain number of posts on this board before you will be allowed to do this. I see you are only at 3, and I think some of the things you want to see and change require you to have at least 50 posts to do so.

So, get at it man!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The matchups change, but I think my M.O is kind of set. That being, take a big early lead, and hold it until Friday. Then, on Saturday, I start slipping back, with the whole week resting on the production of Sunday.

I think I would not mind this so much if the matchup numbers were not so easy to see each day, but oh well. At least I got 1 W, and hope for a 2nd one this week, as long as not too many games get snowed out that is.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pujols losing rbis and fister losing earned runs after a scoring change may increase WHIP out your FIPs win over me. (For sure I lose rbis, I'm unlikely to gain ERA.
Was a bad ruling on the 2B no doubt.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Philabuster..........you gotta sport that avi you had! Every time my kid sees that he just starts laughing his ass off!
Sam