• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Rev..always love/hate that feeling of trading a gut away then he gets hurt. I feel for ya

Suuuuuuure you do...........I can hear the violins playing in the background.

I think I read something in the rules about a 14 day return policy on defective merchandise, I'd like a refund please.:rollseyes:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I was being colorful... but this is Crawford, I don't believe the "minor" tag yet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of injuries this week.

How about Salvadore Perez being AWOL in Venezuela? Dude has been on bereavement so long they are going to have to move him to the 15 day DL.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granderson hurt, Crawford hurt, Upton possibly going to the minors. My outfield is a wreck. Fingers crossed on Hanley coming back this week.
I'm sure this will be the week Rios breaks out for you........noticed you picked up KRod.............hmmmm...........he does have 3 saves already. If Janssen wasn't "sore" I might try to offset your KRod......ahh, fuck it. :suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of injuries this week.

How about Salvadore Perez being AWOL in Venezuela? Dude has been on bereavement so long they are going to have to move him to the 15 day DL.

Apparently he'll be back Monday...or maybe Tuesday...whatever.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone figure out why the umps are so bad this year? :wtf2:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering what the deal with this kid Lyons is. Supposedly he's nothing special, but he looks pretty good so far. St. Louis has their mojo workin'.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major League II wasn't very good, was it? :lame:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any west coast people got any inside dirt on Crawford or Hanley? Is Hanley coming off the DL Tuesday and is Crawford going on?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 10 Preview-

I must do this before line-ups are finalized because I wll have less time than normal tomorrow. Some of this analysis may be off as a result, but crazy things can happen in these weekly match-ups anyhow. This is my best guess as of 10:00 PM EST.

Game of the Week-

First Place Sarnia Tigers vs. 2nd Place Grand Salami- Sarnia 6, Salami 3

This showdown between the top 2 teams could end up being rather one-sided. Sarnia has the match-up edge this week due to more hitter games and a couple key injuries to Salami players.

If they played last week, the Salamis would have cruised 9-1.

Pitching- Sarnia's pitching staff is easily the best. Coming off of a down week, they look to bounce back against the Salamis who are gambling with Chatwood in the line-up for 2 starts. Ks and Saves could go either way, but the other cats should go to the Tigers.

Hitting- 4 more scheduled games + a couple day to day injuries give Sarnia a bigger edge than they would normally enjoy in some categories. BA and HR should go to the Salamis, as Runs will likely go to Sarnia. RBIs and SBs should be very close.

WHIP vs. Fuzzy- Fuzzy 6, WHIP 3

If they played last week, WHIP would have whipped the Fuzzies 6-3.

Pitching- Fuzzy has a strong edge here in K's, ERA and WHIP. Wins and saves are the swing cats.

Hitting- This could go either way. WHIP has the edge in HRs while Fuzz has the edge in BA. The hot hitting team could easily sweep it all here, as the other categories are to close to call.

Dub vs. Dude- Dude 6, Dub 4

If they played last week, Dude would have won 7-3

Pitching- Wins and Ks favor Dude with 2 more starts, but the other 3 cats will be very close.

Hitting- The power cats should belong to the Dude while Dub has the edge in SBs and BS. Runs scored could swing this match-up.

TKO vs. FUD- TKO 5, Fud 5

If they played last week, TKO's epic hitting would have given him an 8-2 win.

Pitching- TKO will get saves, likely along with ERA and WHIP. Fud should get wins. K's could be close despite Fud having 5 extra starts.

Hitting- Fud's dominant bats give him the edge in HR, SB and R. Somehow, TKO has considerably more RBI than Fud YTD. BA is too close to call right now.

Wolf vs. Sportsboys- Wolf 7, Boys 3

If they played last week, the Sportsboys would have won 6-3

Pitching- In an epic manuever, the Pack are no longer punting saves. In starting not 1, but 2 crappy closers, they have the clear edge in saves. The best part is that they still enjoy the same number of starts as the Sportsboys have. Wins could go either way, but the other 4 pitching cats favor the Wolfpack.

Hitting- This will be very close. The Pack should take HRs and SBs, while the boys get RBI and BA. Runs scored could go either way.

Soggy vs. Big League- Soggy 9, Big League 1

If they played last week, Big League would have won 5-4

Pitching- The Soggy ones have 4 more starts and they have better starts. They should take every pitching category aside from saves.

Hitting- Soggy has a substantial YTD advantage in every hitting category. Anything can happen in the small sample size of a short week, but this one could be tough for the Big League Chew.

It is late and I need to go to sleep. There are probably a bunch of typos in this, but I don't have time to edit it. Good luck in your match-ups this week.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fud should get wins. K's could be close despite Fud having 5 extra starts.

-- yeah, pretty stupid of me, going with 3 closers... didn't check ahead this week... oh well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- yeah, pretty stupid of me, going with 3 closers... didn't check ahead this week... oh well.

Somtimes these "mistakes" end up working better than the alternative options. You have 3 pretty nasty RPs. I don't blame you for wanting to keep them all active.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pfft..not that you'd need itn, but baring a miracle by my staff as a whole, , those 3 rp's will help you take ERA and WHIP, plus, my guys couldn't strike out Rob Deer

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to run out this morning and been busy all day, so I missed my recrap. Sorry about that.
Here's one of my favorite Foamy rants to fill the time it would have taken you to read it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year could be a better crop coming up.
That'd be a cool project...maybe I'll attempt to tackle it soon.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolf vs. Sportsboys- Wolf 7, Boys 3.

Please predict me to lose from now on because predicting me to win is like instant doom.
th

i-didnt-say-it-was-your-fault-magnet-c11750024.jpeg
:yahoo: